Post Your Cats On Your Bed

Mer.kitten

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Its been crazy hot in the bay area the last few days... yesterday i caught Honeybun panting which i know isnt good. I put the fan on high, and then did what my mom used to do back in the day-i wet down that kitty :D ive done it with other cats ive had when i was worried they were too hot-just get a washcloth really wet with cool water, and run it over their fur as if im petting them with it. Most cats dont make a move or try to get away and neither did HB, so i think she liked it. I kept an eye on her the rest of the day and didnt catch her panting again. Luckily my vet is literally 4 blocks away and the emergency vet is 10 mins away if i ever need them.

Anyway its hot again, id say its at least 80 in the house, so ive got the fan on high and once again i wet down the kitty :)

20190611_153259.jpg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its been crazy hot in the bay area the last few days... yesterday i caught Honeybun panting which i know isnt good. I put the fan on high, and then did what my mom used to do back in the day-i wet down that kitty :D ive done it with other cats ive had when i was worried they were too hot-just get a washcloth really wet with cool water, and run it over their fur as if im petting them with it. Most cats dont make a move or try to get away and neither did HB, so i think she liked it. I kept an eye on her the rest of the day and didnt catch her panting again. Luckily my vet is literally 4 blocks away and the emergency vet is 10 mins away if i ever need them.

Anyway its hot again, id say its at least 80 in the house, so ive got the fan on high and once again i wet down the kitty :)

View attachment 288403
GOOD ON YA, Mer.kitten Mer.kitten -- I do this too! And it's been 93F here today, so yes, around 80F in the house and it really doesn't cool down comfortably at night.

dktmajor

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you Tarasgirl. She has always been indoors. I feed her IAMS. She has had nine litters and every one who has had her babies loves them. She was spayed after the ninth due to emergency and still nursed, which they said she wouldn't be able to do. She grew up with dogs and acts like a dog! I have never vaccinated her. I only give her bottled or filtered water (I have a PUR filter on my faucet) If I giver her tap water her hind legs do this spasm thing so I never use tap water. I clip her nails first of every month, and comb her every other day. She's a rescue and she's awesome !!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you Tarasgirl. She has always been indoors. I feed her IAMS. She has had nine litters and every one who has had her babies loves them. She was spayed after the ninth due to emergency and still nursed, which they said she wouldn't be able to do. She grew up with dogs and acts like a dog! I have never vaccinated her. I only give her bottled or filtered water (I have a PUR filter on my faucet) If I giver her tap water her hind legs do this spasm thing so I never use tap water. I clip her nails first of every month, and comb her every other day. She's a rescue and she's awesome !!
Amazing. She is such a beauty.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

View attachment 288403
Right there with you in the 100 outside and 85 inside well into the night. I already don’t sleep very well at night because this one is on a 4 hour feeding schedule (she needs to regain weight after several health conditions now being managed.). (Edit: she’s on a four hour feed schedule but she has a two hour stomach. *facepalm!) But it’s just been miserable trying to get any sleep in this heat. I would consider wetting the cat but she does have some areas in front of a fan or underneath a ceiling fan to get cool. I am also buying a portable AC today because I don’t see any relief in the weather for the next week.
CDA6D610-9E33-4511-8784-AA6F1609A990.jpeg

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Korinmewmew Korinmewmew She is so smart! We've been sweltering in la-la land, too. Nice to see that according to Grumpy Cat and Lil BUB it's going to be cooler for the next few days and maybe that bug will get batted around some!
And feralcatcanada feralcatcanada You have THE avatar. If they ever give prizes here for that, I'm voting for you and that's that.:lolup::insertevillaugh: