Possible UTI? (Graphic image)

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Blood coming from the anal glands is not the same thing as a UTI. It would suggest that your cat's anal glands could be infected, impacted, or abscessed. There is nothing that can be given that is OTC to get rid of an infection or resolve impaction or abscesses. If it were UTI related, there could be blood coming from the urethra. But, again, it would require vet involvement.

Do you have any family members or friends that might be willing to loan you some money for a vet visit?
Financial Aid for Pets | Best Friends Animal Society
No Money For Vet Care? How To Find Help And Save Your Cat’s Life – TheCatSite Articles

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Sorry if this image is a bit too drastic for the website I noticed some blood coming from the anal glands, as much as I want to I can't exactly afford a vet or hopefully it's something currable with OTC meds.

https://i.ibb.co/26Crg3J/20230110-082643.jpg
Is your cat licking this area a lot, and hiding away? My cat had a ruptured anal gland which looked alot like the picture (only larger) and she was constantly licking it and hiding in the closet. She needed antibiotics and they needed to clean out the area and had us apply warm compresses and a special ointment to it several times a day. Not knowing exactly what it is or how your cat is reacting to it, I suppose you could try applying warm compresses to it to draw out as much infection as possible until you get in to see a Vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kennethkeen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Managed to get her to the vet the vet gave her a Convenia shot he said it didn't look that bad and could probably heal on its own.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kennethkeen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That is good. But what did the vet think it was due to?
I can't remember the exact terminology I guess it's just the genetics of the breed they said something like if theirs too much food the anal glands can't be pushed out so it clogs up in their system. I wanted to do a flush but buddy $300 I'll have to look at other options. Other than that they saw no other concerns to mention possible full Siamese breed also :)

20230110_155813.jpg