Pooping Outside The Box

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
From what I remember that happens sometimes but I don't know if there's a way for you to deal with the obstruction. Can you give your vet a call and see what they say?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bri1976

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We’re all good. I think none of the kittens have nursed off it today but one did about 2am this morning.

Ladewyn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I haven’t seen any type of milk at all and I’ve tried they all seem to latch onto the other ones. All the other ones look normal. They’re squishy but this back one almost feels like there’s a rock in it
My concern would be mastitis (infection); there are other possible explanations, but that's my first thought in a lactating cat. She would need to see a vet, who would be the only one who can diagnose this and it would need to be treated if it is.

Bri1976

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think we’re okay. It all went down later that night. I personally think the threebjust didn’t nurse off that boob that day.

Bri1976

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well momma cat did it again...except it was on the counter this time. Dad is finally realizing that it’s not lack of attention. I mentioned the vet again and he said with all my graduation stuff going on we don’t have the money. But I bought a collar that will hopefully help reduce her peeing. Pray to the good Lord it works.

Bri1976

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well guys it’s been months since I last updated but it’s not good news.
As of tonight Momma cat is an outside cat. She puked in the carpet once again. It is a 43° outside right now and step mom yelled saying “I want this d*** cat out of my house right now!” I was going to wait until March to put her outside so it’d be a little warmer butttt step mom freaked. I put her a blanket outside so she can try to stay warm; dad told me it wasn’t cold enough for a blanket but I don’t care

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honestly putting a cat outside to roam isn't going to help, especially an unfixed cat. You already have lots of kitties and she is just going to add more to it so maybe tell your step mom that. I doubt she will want more cats. So just call rescues to see if they can help. There is ALWAYS a reason cats pee outside the litter box. Does she have lots of her things around the house? Like scent soakers such as cat beds, scratching posts, etc? That would really help as well as getting her fixed. And how many litter boxes do you have? You should at least have 4 uncovered large sized litter boxes. You need to tell your mom its either her litter box upstairs or she will just keeping peeing everywhere. I would suggest either rehoming her or rehoming the kittens once they are old enough, you can sell them for $50 each at 8 weeks old and use that money to fix your cats. I think it's important your cat are fixed and for you to have not that many. It is just adding to her anxiety. You can set up a basecamp, put her in a room with her stuff and cat attract litter, then slowly expand on that basecamp by moving some of her stuff into the living room and kitchen.