Pooping Outside The Box

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh my goodness, thank you so much for the update!! I'm thinking of you, keep your chin up and hang in there!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bri1976

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well you guys I guess I updated y’all too early because I just caught momma cat peeing in the middle of the kitchen table, luckily we never use it and no one but me saw it.

Bri1976

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I do daily walk throughs of the house whenever I wake up and before I go to sleep sometimes more just to make sure she hasn’t peed or pooped in the house. But so far today is good. I won’t be home all day so pray she doesn’t decide to go outside the box when I’m not home. I cleaned the table so hopefully her urine smell isn’t there anymore. I also hope no one needs to use the jumper cables anytime soon...I had to wipe those down.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The things we do for our kitties - I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you as well and a big thumbs up for being such a terrific person!

Bri1976

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know right and thank you!! Everything went okay today as far as I know but I’ll probably update again in about a week or so to let you know if she’s using her box because I really hope she does. I don’t want her going outside.

Ladewyn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sometimes I wish I could talk to people's parents and explain why their animal should go to the vet. Your cat is lucky to have you watching out for her. It's really hard when you live under someone else's rules while trying to care for a pet. Especially when you have someone who isn't even willing to move a litterbox around to solve a problem that, imo, is way more annoying than having a litterbox in an "ugly" spot. My parents were similar, I think the only reason they caved sometimes was that I wanted to be a vet. One Christmas I actually asked for them to pay for a checkup for my dog; maybe you can ask for something similar (maybe you have a birthday coming up? Or can ask for an early holiday gift?)

missy&spikesmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just another thought. A lot of the cat shelters will help you with the cost on spay or neuters IF you contact them and explain your situation. I know the cat shelter I work at now, does this, and so do some others in my town. But they don't advertise it. However, if a person will bring their kitty on the day the Shelter tells them they can spay their cat, the Shelter will bring along other people's cats to get spayed/neutered on that day. You have to look up the names of your shelters in your town (online and get their phone numbers) and then call and make arrangements. It would be WELL worth it, because a spayed or neutered cat is often not nearly as moody when they heal up afterwards! Good luck on all this and I hope you can find homes for the other little ones soon! (Those same shelters you call to find out about spaying your kitty, may help you and take the kittens for you!) Yes. Good luck!

Bri1976

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well I forgot to update everyone last week but it’s not good news. She’s peed 3 or 4 times in the kitchen. She’s gotten sick once so I’m about to have to save up the money to take her to the vet. My dad just informed me momma cats back end was crouched down to the floor running back and forth from the kitchen to the den, where her litter box is at. I told him it can’t be me not giving her attention because I set up here with her for 2-3 hours after I get out of class then I sit up here after I get up from a nap.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
oh I'm so sorry to hear this!
Hang in there, and hopefully you'll be able to get her to the vet soon. We're keeping our fingers crossed for you!!
Can you see if your dad would let you borrow some money, and then work it off in some way, so you can get her in sooner?

Bri1976

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I can see but I’m not sure because he just had to buy a $150 on a new car battery. I only have like $26 right now and I only get $20 a week.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I understand, --the only other thing I can think of might be to see if your vet would work out a payment plan with you...

Bri1976

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I’m going to talk to my dad about it more whenever step mom isn’t around because step mom is going to want to get rid of all but one of the cats and as you know it’s difficult to choose just one of your “kids” to keep. I couldn’t choose between mine. The box stays clean, she knows where it’s at, I’ve changed litters and food to see if that was it and it’s not. So it just leaves stress, territory, and medical.

Bri1976

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you! I really don’t know what’d I’d do without yours and everyone else’s help. I really hope she just stops peeing on everything. I think she just has a grudge against my step mom. Like she hasn’t ever peed on anything of mine, my brothers or my dads but anything step mom leaves out on the dining room table she pees on. She’s peed on clothes, the table itself, jumper cables, boxes of random stuff from my sisters car. It’s out of hand.

Bri1976

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well good news is momma cat hasn’t peed except once outside the box.
But I have a new concern the newest mother, Callie, one of her tits are extremely large and firm. I know she’s nursing the three kittens but it’s really large. I don’t know if the kittens aren’t nursing off that one nipple or if it’s a knot or something worse.

Bri1976

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I haven’t seen any type of milk at all and I’ve tried they all seem to latch onto the other ones. All the other ones look normal. They’re squishy but this back one almost feels like there’s a rock in it