Polyps/Feline Orofacial Pain Syndrome

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
It is very hard to predict reactions to the various CBD products, but I am glad to hear that things are better! Yes, he could have been nauseous and now that it is over he is eating better.

Some sedative medications like acepromazine, which is not in any way related to CBD, render an animal sedated but conscious which is an uneasy state to be in.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rysiek

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It is very hard to predict reactions to the various CBD products, but I am glad to hear that things are better! Yes, he could have been nauseous and now that it is over he is eating better.

Some sedative medications like acepromazine, which is not in any way related to CBD, render an animal sedated but conscious which is an uneasy state to be in.
Thank you..He is back to normal self 😺...I will talk to the herbal vets, we have a follow up scheduled...
It seems that CBD does not suit him, or maybe this particular one (?)...

I also need to write to his new vet surgery, as we have an initial appointment scheduled with them. This would be unnecessary stress for him, something I want to avoid. Since that appointment in January, when he was so traumatised, he often hides under the bed. Especially when he sees me getting ready to go out...I need to explain to them, or maybe just go by myself...

Rysiek

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Rysiek has been playful again! 😺😺😺

He had been around 10 days on Lions mane...

We did not go for the initial appointment, this was accepted by his new vet...

Attachments

Rysiek

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Lions mane seems to be working. He has been much calmer and kind of mellow...
Hopefully this will be sustainable...

It is his but tomorrow, he already received his present!

Attachments

Rysiek

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Refusing anything with lions mane. Typical scenario, after taking some meds for two weeks, he refuses full stop...😾

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Very typical of so many cats. My HCM boy was take off his meds by his cardiologist which was fortunate in a couple of ways. It was not a severe case, and he had decided that there was no way he was taking the meds no matter what I put them in or did to make them palatable.

Rysiek

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Very typical of so many cats. My HCM boy was take off his meds by his cardiologist which was fortunate in a couple of ways. It was not a severe case, and he had decided that there was no way he was taking the meds no matter what I put them in or did to make them palatable.
Just managed to get it in churu treat, first removed a soft core, then mixed powder with a bit of pate and sealed it...
But this will not last for long...
I was so happy with his progress, until today...ohh... 😮

Rysiek

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He has lost his appetite:(

He actually had an increased appetite at the start of Lions Mane, dated 7th April.

As it appears he may be nauseous, as he is asking for food, approaches it, licks a bit and walks away. Hope it is nothing with pain in the mouth, but I have not noticed any signs of biting (eg his treat) and spitting it out...

No other signs, still wants to go out and enjoys walking even in the ☔ rain...

I still have omeprasole at home, so perhaps I could give it to him...

We are stopping lions mane for now

Rysiek

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Going to the vet today. He hardly ate anything, usually eats over night, but untouched, asks for food, licks a bit and walks away, but managed to get some stick-treat...
Extremely worried...

Rysiek

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Going to the vet today. He hardly ate anything, usually eats over night, but untouched, asks for food, licks a bit and walks away, but managed to get some stick-treat...
Extremely worried...
He did not allow for a full assessment. So this was a pointless visit. Got some cerenia to try...
For any future assessments they want him to be medicated with gabapentin...

Rysiek

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Worse in the morning. But still enjoyed outdoors.
Unsure, if now we "just" dealing with the trauma? (Vet trauma?).
Still eats a little, but eats some...
Gave him buprenorphine just to test out if this is related to the pain...

The insurance company rejected my claim again, raising the preconditions, although I updated his policy upon renewal and was promised that the refusal would not happen as everything is correct...

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
The insurance company rejected my claim again, raising the preconditions, although I updated his policy upon renewal and was promised that the refusal would not happen as everything is correct...
That is a huge headache. If nothing else, it means that you have to start the fight with them again.

Rysiek

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The way he eats, it is licking the gravy or jelly...avoiding bigger bits...but also eats some treats that are semi-hard...
This is a mystery ...

I fed him for his last meal under the bed, as this is where he places himself for the night ..

He appears a bit traumatised, but perhaps in the pain (?)... But I see no signs of pain...Enjoys his outings, appears happier when outside...no attacks...

I gave him buprenorphine in the morning, just to test out, I think it made him calmer...

I also managed to give him omeprasole tonight...

Perhaps this is something in his mouth again...he had been antiinflammatory free since January...

I will book a comprehensive visit (1 hour) to the herbal vets, so he will be calmer during the assessment...they are veterinary trained as well...just normal vet education...
I was hugely disappointed yesterday, as apart from one cerenia tablet I received nothing, not even advice nor any hypothesis on what may be happening...

I feel lost, both hiding under the bed and eating are strange...but no signs of pain...

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
He may be upset from the vet and needs time to work through it. I agree that one cerenia is not going to be much help. How quickly can the herbal vet make an appointment?