plz help me & my baby!

mommysugar

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
my cat is 2 years old. He has two litter boxes cleaned all the time. He has the appropriate food, water, toys, grooming, love. He has been to the vet. I spend 40 minutes every single day, at the very minimum, as play time with my cat is this enough? I played with him one day (no exaggeration!)3 1/2 hours and he was still crying! At the end of play time I was crying because I couldn't get any sleep with his crying and getting into things.

Do I need a 2nd cat? His shelter mommy said he was best as a single kity, (she only had him for 2 months. he was feral and she had him in a tiny room with 12 other cats with only 3 litter boxes too and the other 30 roaming her house) but when I went there I really wanted 2 cats.....but my bf is a miserable piece of work and wouldn't allow it. Even though he is my cat and I pay for everything.

What if i get a 2nd cat and then he does not like him, how would I know what to pick?

I am trying my absolute best, but he still acts out and crys incessantly. My cat is a velcro cat. I am at my wits end, he wants to play non stop and I obviously cannot do that, but do more than most ( i think). I am sad and then frustrated and then feel guilty if I don not play with him all day long! I can't get anything done because he is always on me, or in things or crying or sick.

I don't know what to do anymore someone, anyone kill me with some kindness!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Did the foster mom elaborate on why he should be an only kitty?

I've had some kitties who while they seemed indifferent to the other cats here, they were miserable as only cats. They never seemed to interact w/ other kitties much but enjoyed their company. Then I've also had kitties who absolutely hate all other cats.

miauw12

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sounds to me like you're only way out there is to integrate another cat in your home. probably it's like white cat lover said - either he'll ignore the cat but be finally comfortable or he'll play with her. I can't imagine that he'd be unhappy with the other cat because if he was used to a small room with 12 kittens he's probably used to the company.

aswient

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Cats do need the companionship of another cat, even if they don't interact, but chances are good that because he's still a young cat they will become friends. My 2 cats were 6 years old when I brought in 2 4 month olds and they just loved to watch the antics of the 2 kittens.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mommysugar

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Did the foster mom elaborate on why he should be an only kitty?

I've had some kitties who while they seemed indifferent to the other cats here, they were miserable as only cats. They never seemed to interact w/ other kitties much but enjoyed their company. Then I've also had kitties who absolutely hate all other cats.
No, she did not. What happened when the cat hated the other cats? What if I get a baby cat? Would it be better if I get a male or female for my male russian blue mix neutered 2 y/o male. I am wondering if since he is a russian blue and those types get very attached to their owners that he might then act out of jealousy, can that happen? IDK, but I do have my bf who lives with me so maybe my russian blue would not be so jealous of another cat because the new cat could be his cat or something?

Since my cat bonded with me will he then no longer bond with another baby kitty? Thanks for your help

When do cats stop being so active?

How did the cats act when you noticed them being miserable?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mommysugar

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by miauw12

Sounds to me like you're only way out there is to integrate another cat in your home. probably it's like white cat lover said - either he'll ignore the cat but be finally comfortable or he'll play with her. I can't imagine that he'd be unhappy with the other cat because if he was used to a small room with 12 kittens he's probably used to the company.
Good point!!! I never thought about it that way, that was very smart, thanks

He was only around all those other cats for 2 months though and before that he was feral for six months. What would be a good cat to mix with my russian blue mix neutered male 2 years old? It took 2 weeks for him to warm up to me when I first got him. Can he bond with another cat even though he has bonded with me? Thanks for your help

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Another cat will probably be the best solution! I would get a younger cat, maybe even as young as six months. As long as you do the introductions properly and slow, your cat will be just fine accepting another kitten. It sounds to me that your cat would welcome a companion. I would just keep the new kitten in a small room for a few days to a week before you allow them to meet for the first time. Let us know what you decide and we are here to assist you in any way