Please Send Prayers For Beamer

LisaT.

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi, I am asking for prayers for my Beamer, as I will be taking him to the vet on Thursday to be euthanized. He's had bone marrow cancer for 4 months, and is now beginning to suffer. Please pray that he doesn't suffer in these next few days. I have held on to the fact that he has some good days, but now I am seeing that he's near the end. He still eats and drinks a little, but lays down mostly. And when I pet him, he purrs, but I'm not sure if it's an "aw mom, I love these pettings" purr or a "please help me, mom, I don't feel good" purr.
I love him so much, and I will miss him like you would not believe. Thank you in advance for any prayers that are sent his way.
Lisa
Also, his breathing is getting shallow. That can't be good.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so very sorry for you both. For him because he is at the end of his life, and for you to have to go on without him. But you can't let him suffer. Somewhere you will find the strength to end his pain,you will find it in the strength of your love.I promised my boy he would die at home, but those last few hours were agony for us both. No matter how much you prepare for something like this it breaks your heart when it finally happens. There is just no way to prepare for a broken heart.
I would call the vet and see if you can get a pain med for him, preferably an injection which is just slipped under the skin, just in case. It would relieve both of your anxiety. This is because death never comes at a convenient time, it is always after hours, on a holiday or a weekend. I will definitely pray that he goes quietly in his sleep at home, next to the one he loves above all else. It is as we all would like to go. But the spirit is strong and so is the will to live. No one gives in easily.
That sweet soul that lives on in your boy is bonded to your own through love. Love is spiritual, so eternal. You will always have his love, just as he will always have yours. So for now, just tell him how much you love him, how happy he made your life, and kiss that sweet head. He needs you so much right now, as much as you need him. He made your life whole and he walked along for a while with you on your life's journey. He will soon follow a new path, but it will always be tied to yours by love.
May the good Lord bless that beautiful boy and welcome him with open arms, I'll keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LisaT.

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you both, so much, for your kind words. I appreciate it very much.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to read this, I am sure that he will go peacefully if he is getting weaker, he will be glad to leave his pain ridden body but sad to leave you too....but he will be there waiting for you down the line when it is your time to leave this Earth, and the purrs from petting will certainly be purrs of gladness.

I will keep both of you in my prayers, and that he goes very peacefully and happily onto his next life. God Bless......:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm very sorry you and Beamer are going through this. You're both in my thoughts. :hugs:

LisaT.

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much. Today he ate a little better. I don't know what to do. He must be feeling pain. What if I put him down and he's not ready to go??

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I've had to have four cats put down, and each one told me in their own way. I couldn't really tell you what it was--a loss of bowel function, a refusal to eat anything, a dullness in their eyes, a 'giving up' of some kind. And a couple of them did seem to have a little rally towards the end, but it was short-lived. :frown: It's a horrible place to be in, waiting and not being sure of the right thing to do. But you know Beamer, and you've been taking good care of him for a long time, you'll know what to do. Again, I'm so sorry you're going through this. :sigh:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I was just going to say, "He will tell you." And you will know. And we will be here for you when it comes.

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had the same dilemma with cats and dogs and there's no easy answer. Trust your own judgement and as long as it's coming from a place of love, which it obviously is, then you will make the right choice at the right time I'm sure.
I send love and support to you both.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi, I am asking for prayers for my Beamer, as I will be taking him to the vet on Thursday to be euthanized. He's had bone marrow cancer for 4 months, and is now beginning to suffer. Please pray that he doesn't suffer in these next few days. I have held on to the fact that he has some good days, but now I am seeing that he's near the end. He still eats and drinks a little, but lays down mostly. And when I pet him, he purrs, but I'm not sure if it's an "aw mom, I love these pettings" purr or a "please help me, mom, I don't feel good" purr.
I love him so much, and I will miss him like you would not believe. Thank you in advance for any prayers that are sent his way.
Lisa
Also, his breathing is getting shallow. That can't be good.
:grouphug::grouphug2:

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did not see this before either. So sorry about Beamer. What a sweet ginger he was. :rbheart::rbheart: I too pray you are coming along alright, please let us know how you are doing these days, we want to hear from you and wish you much comfort and love.:angel::angel:

LisaT.

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Beamer went to the Rainbow Bridge on January 11th, 2018. He was having such a good day beforehand. He ate treats, went over to our elderly neighbor's apartment to visit, and he rode in the car in a big laundry basket with lots of room to stand and see the sites... He fought hard. I think the iv in his leg hurt him a lot. He wasn't ready to go. I can't write his tribute yet as I'm on my work computer, and I know I'll cry while typing. I will write more at a later time. I'm able to cry when I go home for lunch and after work. I miss his sweet face and giant personality.
Thank you for asking how things are going!!

LisaT.

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That's my baby. Sorry the picture is so big.