Please help

Nessa_22

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
5 days ago I got my boy neutered he was a little off when he got home for a couple of hours due to anaesthesia he ate lots of food and was his normal self within a couple of hours yesterday I noticed him not wanting to eat which is unusual for him so I used a dropper and gave him some wet food and water that night he threw up and again this morning I fed him today and he ate it all pretty slow and it seems like he kept it down he has really bad diarrhea and he’s no longer affectionate he seems to be healing just fine though and is going to the washroom fine for the most part what do I do will he be ok I really cannot afford another trip to the vet his surgery was really expensive I’m so worried I don’t know what to do google said he should be healed by now :(

NekoM

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello, welcome to TCS
A lot of what your worried about is fairly routine, the anesthesia used is generally responsible for nausea and diarrhea and male cats can take up to 14 days to fully recover, he’ll be as good as new when he’s fully healed. I’d advise calling your Vets office and speak to the receptionist, just for peace of mind.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Nessa_22

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This gave me so much relief thank you so so much I’m glad this is normal I was just worried because it said these symptoms shouldn’t be happening after 48 hours

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
5 days ago I got my boy neutered he was a little off when he got home for a couple of hours due to anaesthesia he ate lots of food and was his normal self within a couple of hours yesterday I noticed him not wanting to eat which is unusual for him so I used a dropper and gave him some wet food and water that night he threw up and again this morning I fed him today and he ate it all pretty slow and it seems like he kept it down he has really bad diarrhea and he’s no longer affectionate he seems to be healing just fine though and is going to the washroom fine for the most part what do I do will he be ok I really cannot afford another trip to the vet his surgery was really expensive I’m so worried I don’t know what to do google said he should be healed by now :(
Can you call your vet and let them know about your cat and asked them if he'll be alright.

BTW, here's a summary about the post neutering if you need to know :- Is it infected??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Nessa_22

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Can you call your vet and let them know about your cat and asked them if he'll be alright.

BTW, here's a summary about the post neutering if you need to know :- Is it infected??
Hello, welcome to TCS
A lot of what your worried about is fairly routine, the anesthesia used is generally responsible for nausea and diarrhea and male cats can take up to 14 days to fully recover, he’ll be as good as new when he’s fully healed. I’d advise calling your Vets office and speak to the receptionist, just for peace of mind.
Thank you so much

NekoM

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This gave me so much relief thank you so so much I’m glad this is normal I was just worried because it said these symptoms shouldn’t be happening after 48 hours
Cats react differently. When my cat was neutered last year he’d been sedated, but as soon as I let him out of his carrier he started running around the house like crazy, he was so hyper and wouldn’t stop, I couldn’t even keep a cone on him. I had to keep him in the carrier until the anesthesia left his system. He had a reaction I’ve never seen before, I phoned the vet and he’d also never heard of it happening. Eventually I looked on line and found out it was a rare reaction. On another occasion I had a cat who slept for a week!