Is it infected??

Rimah

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello this is my first time here i neutered my male cat LEO 4 days ago and his incesions looked just fine till now i noticed leaking and probably swelling or i don't really know what to call it .. and it's 3AM i can't go to the vet so if anyone can help!..
IMG_20220305_024332.jpg

the vet told me they did like a cosmetic pressure.. it seems like his testicles are there but they're removed typa thing..

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hello this is my first time here i neutered my male cat LEO 4 days ago and his incesions looked just fine till now i noticed leaking and probably swelling or i don't really know what to call it .. and it's 3AM i can't go to the vet so if anyone can help!..

the vet told me they did like a cosmetic pressure.. it seems like his testicles are there but they're removed typa thing..
:hellosmiley: and welcome to TCS!

The incision looks ok to me. It's normal for the surgical site to bleed a little and also the swelling is due to blood filling up the sac. It'll slowly subside in a week or two.

Just take note that there is no yellow pus or foul smelling pus. If there is, it means that the surgical site is infected and you must immediately bring your cat in to the vet.

Keep the surgical site clean and dry. Use a slightly warm damp towel and dab the area after your cat has use the litter box to clean away the litter dust.

The testosterones will take around 8 weeks to leave the system and you'll find 2 flat sac. By then, the fur should have grown back.

It's normal for him to lick the surgical area but make sure he don't over groom the area. A little running and jumping is ok but no wild play.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rimah

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He is 9 months old by the way..

The incision looks ok to me. It's normal for the surgical site to bleed a little and also the swelling is due to blood filling up the sac. It'll slowly subside in a week or two.

Just take note that there is no yellow pus or foul smelling pus. If there is, it means that the surgical site is infected and you must immediately bring your cat in to the vet.

Keep the surgical site clean and dry. Use a slightly warm damp towel and dab the area after your cat has use the litter box to clean a way the litter dust.

The testosterones will take around 8 weeks to leave the system and you'll find 2 flat sac. By then, the fur should have grown back.

It's normal for him to lick the surgical area but make sure he don't over groom the area. A little running and jumping is ok but no wild play.

Keep the surgical site clean and dry. Use a slightly warm damp towel and dab the area after your cat has use the litter box to clean a way the litter dust.

Thank you so much for replying i feel like i can sleep in peace now i was so worried that he might be in pain or hurting i really appreciate it

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
He is 9 months old by the way..
Good that he is neutered and this makes him not wanting to go look for a female to mate and also cut down all the howling and yowling when he smells a female in heat nearby.

Neutering also keeps him in a better health.