Planning My Wedding - Lari is married!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What I loved about your cake tasting (other than your wonderful choices) was the fact that they presented you with un-iced cakes and several icing choices, letting you mix and match. Many bakeries don't do that. You get slices of iced cakes that they choose. KUDOS to the bakery!

And I LOVE your hair vine! Hair vines have such a medieval feel to them, and that's all to the good, in my book!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What I loved about your cake tasting (other than your wonderful choices) was the fact that they presented you with un-iced cakes and several icing choices, letting you mix and match. Many bakeries don't do that. You get slices of iced cakes that they choose. KUDOS to the bakery!

And I LOVE your hair vine! Hair vines have such a medieval feel to them, and that's all to the good, in my book!
I tried every single cake flavor with every icing (cut two bars into three pieces each and also had a third without icing to really taste the cake) because that kind of thing makes me happy. But we were a bit surprised it was like that, too. The online form had us pick out cake flavors 1-4 and icing flavors 1-4 and we assumed choice 1 for both would be put together, etc.

Thanks! I've been liking the look of the hair piece that goes across the back of the head. I'll just have to pick a style to go with it. I'm thinking a low updo with a few soft curls framing my face maybe.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I tried every single cake flavor with every icing (cut two bars into three pieces each and also had a third without icing to really taste the cake) because that kind of thing makes me happy. But we were a bit surprised it was like that, too. The online form had us pick out cake flavors 1-4 and icing flavors 1-4 and we assumed choice 1 for both would be put together, etc.
All the pics and updates about your wedding, e.g. invites, cake topper, wedding cake choices, honeymoon, etc., makes me want to renew my vows. ;) You have definitely thought everything through clearly and sound very well organized which will help alleviate any last minute decisions. Your special day will be a wonderful celebration. :dance:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made this centerpiece for my sister's upcoming bridal shower today. (I'll make the ones for the other tables closer to the day - it won't take long. I just needed to see how it would all look together.)
0802191505.jpg

I'm quite proud of my DIY game.

I thought I had mentioned my hair vine came, but I guess with this crazy week it slipped my mind! It's even more beautiful in person than on etsy.
0802192104.jpg

I have a hair trial Tuesday, so I've got to finish saving some hair style inspiration pics before then.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dreamy! The hair vine is so beautiful! A soft sweet touch! Yummy cake and the most precious cake topper I have ever seen.
Australia?!?!? Wow! Besides beautifully romantic taking a cruise, so many wonders to see. The reef too?
Your DIY is awesome! IT’s all coming together.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Australia?!?!? Wow! Besides beautifully romantic taking a cruise, so many wonders to see. The reef too?
We definitely want to see the reef, but it's going to depend on how much vacation time and stuff we can get. I need to sit him down this weekend so we can get things booked.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, I had a casual bridal shower up in Michigan yesterday for family on fiancé's side of the family, though my parents and brother came out, too. (My official shower out here is on Sept 1).

I wore this cute but casual little outfit.
received_586818138515137.jpeg

My future mother and sister-in-law and niece made the place look all nice and had a good spread.

0810191434.jpg
0810191838.jpg

My niece got a bridal family feud game off Pinterest, which was really fun! I had a great time and it was super appreciated.

And I ordered these adorable thank you cards I have to start filling out (tomorrow maybe, I'm tired today.)
0811191735.jpg