Planning My Wedding - Lari is married!

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know. I don't normally wear nail polish, so maybe I'll just do one of those French manicures. Maybe I'll get my toenails blue if I can't find anything else for my something blue!
I 100% support the idea of a French manicure. That was what I was thinking when I looked at your nails. You have very soft looking hands so that type of manicure would compliment your entire hand imo. Minimalist, yet elegant.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday I got a lot accomplished for my sister's bridal shower - it'll be all over a week from today! Got the menu finalized with the restaurant, bought her present (a couple picture frames), and my mom and I made a "Guess the Bride's Age" game where we found ten pictures of her at various ages and put them on a posterboard, and then I made sheets for people to fill out their guesses. I'm pretty proud of it. We also have a bridal bingo and this other game we found at party city. The centerpieces are done, so I think we'll just need to set up everything next Sunday morning! I'm at the point where if no one comes to my own shower (last I had heard, only three people had replied and one was my future MIL), at least my sister's will be awesome.

Then today we finally booked our cruise! I mean, we'll still have to pick out excursions, but we've got our room on the boat. We also tried to book our flights, but expedia was acting up and we were getting annoyed, so we'll try that again later.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm at the point where if no one comes to my own shower (last I had heard, only three people had replied and one was my future MIL), at least my sister's will be awesome.
Then today we finally booked our cruise!
People often procrastinate and wait until the last minute to reply. Please don't worry, I'm sure you will have a wonderful turnout at your own shower.
It must feel great to know your cruise is booked and you can start choosing your excursions. That's so exciting. :jive:

Last edited:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are still a ways out from Shower time. People do wait until the last moment. :rolleyes3: Don’t worry, you’ll have fun.
You've done a great job planning your sisters shower. It sounds great! I like the age guessing game. I’ve never played that but I have guessed that age of a lot of kittens! :p I wonder how I’d do? :lol:
I’m getting excited about your cruise too! What kinds of things can you do as excursions? I would imagine any excursion there would be great!
Have you ever been on a ship or the ocean before?

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are still a ways out from Shower time. People do wait until the last moment. :rolleyes3:
Ehhhh, not really. It's in two weeks on Labor day weekend because it was most convenient for my sister to do it early before her wedding and honeymoon. And since we're doing it at the place I have French club, they keep asking me for numbers.

I'm trying to tell myself I'll be okay if none of my coworkers come, but I know I'll be sad.

I haven't looked too much into excursions yet, but there are some animal ones and see the town ones and food ones I think on a quick glance. We'll look into it more port by port later, I think.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have flights!!!

I love it! Blue toenails! I think that is such a cute idea. :) Very original. I wouldn’t have thought of that.
My sister is wearing blue shoes, so I guess the idea came from that. I'm calling my shoes as my something new, and when my grandma died, I inherited my great-grandma's rings from the 1920s, so I was thinking about incorporating one or both of them as my something old (they're a bit big for my ring finger, but fit my index finger, which hopefully doesn't look too weird). I need to figure out my borrowed and blue still.

Where is the cruise going?
Southern Australia! I'm so excited.

This thread makes me feel like you're an old childhood friend and we're in a group chat talking about your wedding and honeymoon/life in general. I love it! :blush:
You're the sweetest! It's nice to have a place to just go on about my updates and worries and to have it all documented somewhere. And I love getting all your guys input on things as well!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, that will be lovely. Are you going to one of the islands where you can see penguins?

I went to see the Penguin Parade on Phillip Island on one of my trips to Australia.

Nature and wildlife, Phillip Island, Victoria, Australia
Phillip Island is on our cruise! I'll have to make sure we can see penguins there or elsewhere when we book our excursions. Thanks for the suggestion because I feel like I would have forgotten about that.

In happy news, I heard that my third bridesmaid is coming to my bridal shower, so I can rest happy. I'm working on a very special decoration for it, which I will show you all when it's finished.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had a great time at my sister's bridal shower today! I'm super pleased with the restaurant we chose. The food and cake were excellent, and the guy in charge of our party was on top of things and accomodated any requests I had.

Here are a few pictures.
0825191330_HDR.jpg

0825191330b.jpg

Games table! Only three people played guess the age - lame!
0825191331_HDR.jpg

Capture+_2019-08-25-17-17-54.png

I don't normally put together parties, so I'm so glad everything went well for hers.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Your sister's bridal shower looks lovely! I'm so glad all your plans and hard work paid off. I hope she appreciates all the effort you put into it for her.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been working on a very special decoration for my bridal shower and I am finally finished!

0827191620.jpg

0827191625.jpg
0827191630.jpg

Here's a couple of my favorite with my girl.

0827191631.jpg
0827191630a.jpg

There's a string in the kit so I can either string them all together as a garland, keep them separate on tables or string some and table some. I'll decide the day of the shower.