Pitter + His Tummy + His New Vet - Part 3

P+P's Meom

What if I don't want to stay calm?
Adult Cat
Purraise
update of Part 2: Update About Finding A New Vet :)

Pitter was s'posed to see his new vet today, but it had to be rescheduled for tomorrow.

Turns out that it's a good thing. He was feeling pretty good today and said
"Hey Meom, wanna see my butt?" and stuck it in my face before i could answer.

WAIT A SECOND! OMFG. Is that a little white rice looking thing?!
"C'mere Pitter, I wanna look again - cuz your butt is just sooooo cute!" He didn't fall for it.

"NO Meom! I don't trust you to just take a nice, long gaze at my butt and not do something to it! Gotta go, talk later."

Hmmm. I was prob'ly just seeing things. Right? How could he possibly have tape worms?!
SERIOUSLY - how could he? P+P don't go outside. They don't have any contact with other animals . . . except . . . the mouse he had in his mouth . . . but c'mon! That was 1.5 year ago! Is that possible??

I asked my good friend Google, about it.

:gaah:
Well POOP! Could that be what his problem is?!?

SO glad his appt was put off til tomorrow.

Stay tuned for the seemingly never-ending saga of Pitter and his tummy.

Please send nice poopy thoughts to him tonight!
I plan on whispering in his ear after he falls asleep:
"Pitttterrrr, poop Pitter - POOP! You know you want to . . . "

[Funny how with my animals over the years [and years,] sooner or later, I end up praying for a nice big poop.]

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
And fleas are notoriously opportunistic...if you walk across grass, they'll hitchhike right in the house on your pants leg.

Sending the Poop Fairy your way!
0PoopFairy.jpg

Trust me, here at TCS, praying for poop to either start OR stop is a daily occurrence! You are in excellent company!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

P+P's Meom

What if I don't want to stay calm?
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think I'm having sympathy pains for Pitter . . .
I am so damn sick to MY stomach that I had to reschedule Pitter's appt!

Luckily, we can get in Monday afternoon - right before the Doc leaves on a 2 week vacation. I am SO mad at my stomach right now. grrrrr.
But now I have an idea of what Pitter's been going thru. :sigh:
I feel like sitting by the door and yeowling! Maybe the two of us can do a duet later on?

[Pretty sure I'm having a baaad reaction to a new med I started yesterday. My friend Google tells me it should be ok one the dose wears off - another 3 hours.]

I went to print out a bunch of stuff about P+P's diet for the doc - to hopefully ease his mind and maybe even impress him - and my brand-new, only used twice printer, won't. So I've got 2 days to kick it across the room til it behaves.

Some dyslexic demon bombed my house thinking it's Friday the 13th - dumb ass, it's 31!

WOW! The poopy vibes y'all sent sure did work! Woke up to a very nice one inthe box this morning! LOL Is it too gross that I put it in the fridge??
If it is, then I didn't. :crazy: Don't worry - I sanitized the outside of the plastic box and wrapped it in a towel.

NOW, the gross poopy question of the day IS:
I don't s'pose I can save it til Monday??
But then if he leaves a fresh one for me, I'll take it.

Pitter is feeling alot better than he did 2 weeks ago, a month ago. He doesn't ask for tummy medicine nearly as often. He does bounce from happy kitteh to miserable kitteh in 3.9 seconds flat. BUT! This afternoon, he actually jumped into my lap, situated himself in the "give me tummy rubs" position and turned into a limp puddle. Then wanted tummy medicine 30 minutes later. He looks so miserable when he's hurting. {My tummy's also doing the "feel fine/I'm gonna die - i hope" thing too.}

I'd just given him his gabapentin when my stomach attacked, so he's a sleepy kitteh. HEY - maybe I can trim those daggers he calls claws?? One can only hope.

OMG - what if I have tape worms and that's where Pitter got them?!
ok, gettin' too weird here. think it's time for me to join P+P in a nap.

xoxoxox

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hmmmmm..to save or not to save...that is the question...

IF you can get a fresh one, do so. If you can't, take that one. Any bacteria/viruses may not be detectible, but tapeworm segment and larvae would still be, I think. Or call and ask them, if a fresh sample isn't available.

Meanwhile, I'll keep our Poop Fairy on the job!
0PoopFairy.jpg