Part 2: Update About Finding A New Vet :)

P+P's Meom

What if I don't want to stay calm?
Adult Cat
Purraise
update of: Need Input : Interviewing Potential Vets

OH NOOOOOOOO! I thought I'd posted this 10 days ago!! ACKKKKKKK

Sooooo sorry to be so rude after all the help I've received!

Pitter has been feeling a bit better this last week - not well - just not as miserable as he had been.

[Ten days ago. . .] I had a consult appt with the potential [now hired] vet – just me – to see if we could work together or not.
He spent FORTY MINUTES with me, discussing mostly Pitter, but Patter + her epilepsy as well.

He looked over Pitter's labs [from our former vet] and thinks the biggest problem is that Pitter is dehydrated. There may be some kidney involvement, but Pitter's only 5yo [as of a couple of days ago!] which is awfully young to have kidney problems. It could be something very treatable like an infection. He said he doesn't really see any indication of a GI bleed . . . but something is definitely up. But, it's very possible that Pitter is not as sick as I was led to believe. *fingers crossed*

The plan is to get a lot more fluids into Pitter [and Patter] and then he and Pitter will meet each other in 2 weeks and re-do labs and do urine labs as well and go from there.

Pitter still seems to be feeling better – doesn't ask for tummy meds as often. I'm SO glad he doesn't feel as rotten as he has! He even asked for tummy rubs twice today! just for a couple minutes, but hey!

ABOUT OUR NEW VET

Dr. H is at the only cat-only clinic in town – I don't drive, so “in town” is important now that I have two cats “with issues.” He's been a cat vet for close to 20 years. He's a member of AAFP. The clinic does in-house labs, x-rays and ultrasounds.

He's not real keen on home-made food, but will not push me towards switching to Friskies or look condescendingly at me like I'm a dumb-ass who doesn't care about her cats. [my words.] I told him that I have no problem if he wants to check the nutrient part of what I feed – feed back is always good – but to be aware that I do not consider feeding commercial food an option. Period. He's ok with that.

He comes very highly recommended – I'd asked for input on the local “Neighborhood Forum,” as well any/all kinds of reviews I could find about him/the clinic. Funny, the cab driver who gave me a ride went on and on about what a great vet this guy is! The vet has taken care of his cat for 16 years!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I take Pitter to meet his new doctor next week, May 30.

Promise I'll actually post an update this time!

Thank you for all your help!!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I take Pitter to meet his new doctor next week, May 30. Promise I'll actually post an update this time!
Good luck with the new vet! Fingers crossed you like him but, most of all, he can help Pitter. :crossfingers: A glowing review from the cab driver is a good sign too. Don't forget to keep your promise and update us after your appointment. :goodluck:

FeralHearts

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bone Broth for the tummy maybe?

Ask the vet if adding Bone Broth (no garlic or anything crazy in it - just plain bone broth) might help Pitter's tummy and definitely will help with the dehydration.