Pictures Of You And Your Cat(s)

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I start conditioning them for showing when they are tiny. After first shots, I take them everywhere I can to get them used to strange noises, smells, and people. We also play show. I set up a show cage, and a scratching post to simulate the judging table. We practice taking the kitten out of the cage the way a judge does, I handle the kitten like a judge. then put it back in the cage.

Sorry I didn't mean to hijack the thread!
@posiepurrs
I am facinated by show cats. How they are calm amd collected...I welcome your commentary on the subject.

Honeybee originally had no fear of strangers. In 2013 she purred when I pulled up to the vets office. She hung out with everyone. Walked around jumped up in laps. So in 2014 I decided to enter her in the Household pet catagory. She won 6 out of 10 rings but not 1st place. I was impressed since she had no formal training. She reacted differently to each judge. She responded better to men. There was a gentleman who she let him stretch her out and touch her stomach. He gave her 5th place. The hard part was she had an old knee injury and the cage time made it act up. So we decided no more cat shows. It was weird waiting around to be called. I wasn't sure of etiquette or how to dress. I just wore jeans and a top that was orange pink to disguise Honeybees fuzz. As she shed a ton.

Considering she was a stray cat or abandoned-I felt she was very well behaved considering all the strange sounds noises and people. If there was a way we could wait in the truck instead of a cage it would have been much better for both of us...maybe someday they will do text alert to come to the judging circle lol.

@wt1964 I am sorry for your loss. Your kitty is a very beautiful girl.

Last edited:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
And I wanted to know what breed she was which was why I entered her in the show as well..they said shes a hot red tabby cat with white. Said shes not a calico because she doesn't have black spots big enough to qualify.

To keep w thread...

Floey a week before her departure to heaven sniffing Honeybee...this was very unusual for her. Usually Honeybee would sniff first and Floey would respond with a big HISS.

FB_IMG_1507473264087.jpg

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine Oliver says likewise. They would make a great but dangerous team. There would be no cat food left for the others though.
mightyboosh mightyboosh - Good grief - there'd be no food for any of us either. Oliver's clearly pushing 40 pounds - that makes them 75 pounds together. No chicken, grouse, duck nor pheasant in the U.K. would be safe; ostriches like warmer weather, and the poor Dodo's extinct.

Really, Phil - he's just a delightful great hulking monster of a cat, all told. No doubt he and Bob would get on as old mates right from the start - and doubtless ChubChub into the bargain.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine I was just looking out of the window contemplating what you said when a giant dirigible came into view and blocked out the Sun. Incidentally this is the first time the Sun has ever been seen in the UK since the last ice age.

View attachment 199596

Then Oliver came in and guess what he was interested in?

View attachment 199597
Gadzooks, imagine if an ailurophobe burglar got in your place. Might faint, fall to the floor then faint again when he awakens with the cats looking curiously at him.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine I was just looking out of the window contemplating what you said when a giant dirigible came into view and blocked out the Sun. Incidentally this is the first time the Sun has ever been seen in the UK since the last ice age.

Then Oliver came in and guess what he was interested in?
Really, I've no possible way of knowing, but here - let me just take a wild guess: food.

;)