pictures of Cats enjoying their cat trees

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

destinyz12

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
@Maddies Momma   I'm not sure which ones would be sturdiest, however I would recommend NOT getting the one I have (first post on this thread) or any similarly structured ones by that brand (i think its called Go Pet) since my cat is only about 7 lbs and it shakes when she jumps to the top parts. She doesn't mind the shaking luckily but sometimes it gives me a heart attack, lol.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a tall GO Pet Club activity center and love it.  As with anything you assemble yourself, it's important to check and tighten, if necessary, any loose bolts from time to time.  IKEA actually instructs people to do that with their furniture from there.  

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
@Maddies Momma
  I'm not sure which ones would be sturdiest, however I would recommend NOT getting the one I have (first post on this thread) or any similarly structured ones by that brand (i think its called Go Pet) since my cat is only about 7 lbs and it shakes when she jumps to the top parts. She doesn't mind the shaking luckily but sometimes it gives me a heart attack, lol.
Get those with double post that supports the highest or longest post. Whether it is a long post or short one, it's just supported by a single bolt.
A single bolt will never support any cat not to mention a 16 pound cat. If the cat is active and use the cat tree often, it'll never last.
The picture you see that my boy is sleeping on the highest post, it's already gone within 9 months. My boy used to jump and like to hang on the platform till it bends and climb up. Everyday he does that till the post start to bend at the joint where the bolt is and one fine day it leaned worse than The Tower of Pisa and finally I took it off. The lower post is also shaky and it's supported by the back of my easy chair now. I'm also looking around for a sturdy one for my 'parkour' cat :lol3:

maddies momma

TCS member, Crazy Cat Lady!
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Get those with double post that supports the highest or longest post. Whether it is a long post or short one, it's just supported by a single bolt.
A single bolt will never support any cat not to mention a 16 pound cat. If the cat is active and use the cat tree often, it'll never last.
The picture you see that my boy is sleeping on the highest post, it's already gone within 9 months. My boy used to jump and like to hang on the platform till it bends and climb up. Everyday he does that till the post start to bend at the joint where the bolt is and one fine day it leaned worse than The Tower of Pisa and finally I took it off. The lower post is also shaky and it's supported by the back of my easy chair now. I'm also looking around for a sturdy one for my 'parkour' cat :lol3:
Yes that's what I think too, multiple posts holding up every level. The hagen vesper trees seem pretty good, I might risk it and try out one of those.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does anyone have recomendations for a really sturdy tree for a 16 pound cat? He won't use anything that wobbles even the slightest bit.
The Molly and Friends brand. Their trees are expensive but it is quite sturdy with bigger than average perches and such.

I'm also planning on replacing my 2 tier Molly and Friends cat tree with this one below. Seems sturdy with decent sleeping areas.

Classy Kitty 60.5" 4 Story Cat Tree with Sky Lounger Natural Beige 21x23.5x 60.5

Last edited:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Wow, there are some lovely cat-trees on this thread.

The vertical posts were just thick cardboard tubes with sisal around them. Not strong enough for my big, rambunctious boys! I ended up replacing them all with wooden fence posts.

I've also made a couple of trees for out in their enclosure. The first one was made from an old table and recycled fence posts.

My next attempt was made from some wooden pallets.

They've also got this double-decker shelf thing. It's just sitting on top of the shed for now.I think in the spring I'm going to add some legs and another level or two. When I can find some more timber to recycle.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I don't have any photos on the puter right now but I did find this one-I have some others somewhere either on the phone or facebook that I need to find..

As far as sturdiness= this one shakes when she zooms up and down-in the spring going to buy those flat patio stones that are $.88 at home depot and put it on the base-if that doesn't work I will get a cinder block. She knocked down my painting I had up there next to this tree. So I have to put it somewhere else.

Last edited:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Not sure why the photo came out sideways=this is the huge 7 foot cattree
I found on craigslist-there used to be a guy who set up at the flea market and sold these. they weren't cheap but he uses thick plywood and they are so sturdy I can stand on the lower level to get her-I have to give her meds daily and sometimes she hides up here. I have to flip her out of her house so I can reach her-normally we just shake the treat bag and she comes running-so I haven't had to fish her out of her 9 foot tall tree in a few months. This is a built in bookcase in the livingroom-we put the 7 foot tree in front and that soft doghouse on the top shelf. She used to hide up there all the time when she didn't want to be bugged. ( I always want to hold her)

destinyz12

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
@foxxycat    I nearly had a heart attack when I saw her go up there.   Sometimes she will also stretch herself up to touch the ceiling with her paws from the top level of her tree.  It's like having a toddler in the house to keep track of!

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you Margd for fixing the photo. It showed it normal on the puter.

I got some more...

Pumpkin Face when she was younger=we used to have the tree infront of the windows

Honeybee on her new tree we bought in Cambridge MA a month or so ago.

Honeybee loves playing with hands and feathers

The painting she knocked off the wall

Last edited:

camillel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I love it. But that's not a tree that is a forest LOL GREAT This is regarding the very first set of pictures

Last edited:

destinyz12

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
@CamilleL   pretty much a cat mansion, lol. she's been spoiled since we haven't had such a young cat around in a very long time!