pictures of Cats enjoying their cat trees

ayriad

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The one I have is exactly like that!! The carpet isn't really carpet and is thin. I made some little pillows for the top perches. I got mine from hayneedle. They are 6 feet tall. Now for the great part part!! 79.99 and that INCLUDES shipping!!! Woot!~
Where did you get that and how much was it?  I love it.  If it's more than an arm and a leg, I probably can't afford it - I'll be lucky if I can more than that amputated before my boyfriend wakes up screaming (jk).

I could have sworn I had pictures of my fuzzballs on their tree, but I just searched the heck out of my computer and can't find any so I guess I'll have to take some the next time they decide it's "the place to be."

scraggles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Amazing cat trees @Norachan! – that’s inspired me now to get the drill back out and fix up something – it’s something I enjoy doing and am constantly looking for inspiration – but like you say Swamplady with me it’s also limited income – but also really just limited money to be spending on something Scraggles simply might just not like as he can be fussy and not terribly adventurous (which I’m tentatively trying a bit to change by hopefully inspiring him to climb to heights). Plus he’s a big enough cat – 6.1kg – so there are many cat trees that look like they’d just topple as soon as he’d set foot on them…

Some really lovely photos out there :)

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I was just thinking about things I see out in the trash-wooden chairs=you can get one where the legs are broken and use the seat part as a "shelf" and line it with scrap carpet then use 2x4 wood to make legs and put it on another larger piece of plywood shelf. I don't know what you would use for the round tubes for sissle (sp) rope. I need those half curved shelf to fix one of our cat shelf thingies-they shreaded the cardboard tube in between the shelfs so the top one is unstable. It's one of those handmade ones we bought at the flea market 20 years ago. I just trying to think of wood pieces to use. Some places put out free pallets=wonder if you can use the wood on the sides that's thicker? then use the thinner ones to make shelving? I am also thinking about the various other wood items people toss all the time=entertainment centers usually have loose shelves-you can use bolts/or angle thingies to make a shelf. Also if you use the thicker plywood as the base=you put two pieces and bolt them together=and make it larger than the middle sections this will stabilize the shelves better. The big tree I have in front of the bookcase is built with 3/4" plywood-he put two of them together. And it's larger base so it won't rock when they run up and down it.

Walmart used to sell a floor to ceiling cattree (in one of the pictures you will see a piece of wood screwed into the ceiling with a hole cut out=that was where the top part of it went) and it was like a tension rod=but my angel Flash broke it-she ran up and down it so much that she wore out the spring thingy so we just leaned it against the bookshelf and that's how she got into the mile high apartment. I don't know if you can utilize that setup and bolt sections into the flat platforms of plywood? It was fairly cheap at $40.

greypaws

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh my, so much fun looking at your cat mansions and creative hand crafted cat trees. My poor Mr Sparks is jealous, he's making due with 2 Petco trees and a bolstered window shelf via amazon.

pegleg

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wooden dowels of various thicknesses can be bought at home stores or scavenged from old furniture, and the sisal is readily available at homes stores, too.  Love repurposing! 

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
@Tarasgirl06  

I am fortunate that I work for a construction company and got 3/4 Plywood and 4x4 wood posts for free. I also love repurposing! My work has a gas powered pressure washer so I cleaned the heck out of the wood so the glue would stick really well. I used as few staples as possible as I don't want a needless trip to the vet. I went through a lot of carpet glue. I had a cheap cat tree at first but when I seen a bunch of staples on the floor I tossed it out and built one.

One of my bosses paid for carpet, sonotube, and glue so it only cost me my time

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Every time I see this thread pop up, I read it as "Pictures of Cats Destroying their Cat Trees."    If I had any, I'd start a thread.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

destinyz12

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Enjoying/destroying...sometimes it's the same thing, lol

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Every time I see this thread pop up, I read it as "Pictures of Cats Destroying their Cat Trees."    If I had any, I'd start a thread.:catguy:

Enjoying/destroying...sometimes it's the same thing, lol
It's a packaged deal :lol3:
My boy like to jump up from the ground and scramble up the post hooking on to the tallest colums's top and hang there just like doing rock climbing till the whole thing bent and snapped :argh: :lol3:
Now his tree with the missing high post is placed st another part of the house to let him get up to the top of the kitchen cabinets [emoji]128540[/emoji]
Will be getting a new tree for him on Monday :clap:

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We used to have a floor-to-ceiling tree with plaforms.  Our small snowshoe was quite athletic; she used to run and jump onto it.  Several times, I came in to find the whole thing lying across the floor.  Fortunately no one was ever hurt.  

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Good thing everyone and everything including the kitty is safe. Most likely it became loose with all the climbing and jumping.

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Last edited: