Overprotective mom here

mssandora

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just got home from work and my hubby told me that Rogue had diarrhea twice in an hour. She seems to be acting normally...and is making it to the litter box. She doesn't seem to be in any distress. But, what should I look out for? Is there anything I can do to help her?

My old cat Mr. Fuzzypants (RIP) had IBD, so I'm new with dealing with a younger, healthier cat with diarrhea.

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would watch her for a day or so and make certain she is back to normal - it may just be a bit of dietary indiscretion. However, cats can and do get dehydrated quickly with this sort of thing, so watch out for that by doing the skin pinch at the scruff - pinch up a fold a skin and if it snaps back into place quickly, she is fine, but if it stays up then she needs to get some fluids.

When was the last time she was to the vet? If this doesn't clear up in a day or so, take her in along with a stool sample and make certain she is OK.

~gf~

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mssandora

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for your response. She's drinking. And eating normally (although I'm trying to give her less food right now). She had another bout last night about midight, but so far this morning nothing. She and her "sister" Zora are up to their usual tricks running around and such, so I hope this passes today.

aniskyoftrent

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Kittens sometimes have little tummy issues. It could be nothing to worry about. Skylar was having some tummy problems last week, so I took him to the vet and they changed his food. Since then, everything is going wonderfully

As Gayef said, if it continues through today, bring her to her vet