Our Greta Crossed the Bridge

John Perram

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I still cry about Batman. It's been 3 months. But it has gotten better.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Next week my hubby and I are going out to buy some new cat things and the following week we are going to start the search for our new baby. I can't bear use any of Greta's things, we have to get new stuff. We are so anxious to have a new kitty to give our love to. Each kitty brings their own specialness to our lives, but the pain of losing the others will never be gone.
Yes, like me I don't re-use things of passed cats with a new kitty.
I keep all the old stuff as relics, nobody is allowed to touch them. All was theirs is in two different boxes, stored away. Their carriers, pillows, beds, toys, anything, even the medical stuff that I had to use with them in her last days, everything is stored away. They are relics!

Every kitty has its own personality, but we always make the mistake to look for the passed cats in the new one. And sometimes we get disappointed by the fact they are different.
Your Greta will lead you to the right cat, no doubt, it's always like this. Greta knows which cat is the one that will suits your heart. It may take time, but you will feel it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

homoki2002

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, like me I don't re-use things of passed cats with a new kitty.
I keep all the old stuff as relics, nobody is allowed to touch them. All was theirs is in two different boxes, stored away. Their carriers, pillows, beds, toys, anything, even the medical stuff that I had to use with them in her last days, everything is stored away. They are relics!

Every kitty has its own personality, but we always make the mistake to look for the passed cats in the new one. And sometimes we get disappointed by the fact they are different.
Your Greta will lead you to the right cat, no doubt, it's always like this. Greta knows which cat is the one that will suits your heart. It may take time, but you will feel it.
I went out today and bought things for a new fur baby that we want to adopt. And yet a I'm crying all the while.. We will look for our new fur baby next week but my heart is still breaking.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went out today and bought things for a new fur baby that we want to adopt. And yet a I'm crying all the while.. We will look for our new fur baby next week but my heart is still breaking.
I don't think I would be ready to fully open my heart to a new kitty when my heart is still aching for the loss of another cat. I fear I could not give the new one all the love it needs because I would not have enough love to give.
Someone else has different opinions on this.

homoki2002

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't think I would be ready to fully open my heart to a new kitty when my heart is still aching for the loss of another cat. I fear I could not give the new one all the love it needs because I would not have enough love to give.
Someone else has different opinions on this.
Funny you should say that. To tell the truth I feel like that too. I'm a little afraid to get a new fur baby but I want one so badly. Our house is so empty. Maybe I'll try and when we start looking find I'm not ready. It's nice to know others like you have that feeling. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Funny you should say that. To tell the truth I feel like that too. I'm a little afraid to get a new fur baby but I want one so badly. Our house is so empty. Maybe I'll try and when we start looking find I'm not ready. It's nice to know others like you have that feeling. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
I felt the same when my house was empty, three years ago, I wanted a cat to cuddle and take care of so badly, but I learned the hard way that forcing the moment to welcome a new cat wasn't the right way to fill the void in the house and my heart.
I let the events flow their way, and it seems it worked much better.

homoki2002

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I felt the same when my house was empty, three years ago, I wanted a cat to cuddle and take care of so badly, but I learned the hard way that forcing the moment to welcome a new cat wasn't the right way to fill the void in the house and my heart.
I let the events flow their way, and it seems it worked much better.
That is something to think about. We're going to a cat cafe next week. All of their cats are up for adoption. I thought I'd try that and see if I enjoy being with the kittties or just burst into tears. If it's tears I think I need to wait. Thanks for your words of advice.