Our EXOTIC furbabies

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Graciecat

Congratulations John

I think you should go for it, you'd be perfect for the position.
You'd get my vote, if I had one!
You could join the FCF and vote for me if I choose to run
You do not have to be an exotic cat owner to become a member. The Feline Conservation Federation is a 501(c)(3) non profit organization with a mission to conserve wild felines through preservation, education and research
If you believe in this mission and want to preserve the wildcats of the world, you can join

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Graciecat

Okay, I'll have to look into that.
I thought you had to one an exotic to join.
Not at all. The FCF is all about the conservation and preservation of the wild felines. The FCF supports the private captive husbandry of these cats and fully supports and promotes responsible private ownership. I still have not made up my mind on the offer though. I want to be sure that I can fully serve the FCF and it's members before I do.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Only you know for sure if you have the fortitude to be president. Having been pres. of a local society I know there will be great moments, but they seem to be outnumberd by the moments you want to grab the Tums (and the gavel to smack members). And how well do you deal with the public face to face?

Just some considerations. And skritch the kitties for me.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

Only you know for sure if you have the fortitude to be president. Having been pres. of a local society I know there will be great moments, but they seem to be outnumberd by the moments you want to grab the Tums (and the gavel to smack members). And how well do you deal with the public face to face?

Just some considerations. And skritch the kitties for me.
Well, it's not president of the FCF yet
The position is Director of Education. But I know how being on the board of an organization like this can have it's big ups and downs. I deal with the public over the phone and in person every day, sicne I am a police/fire/911 dispatcher, so that part is ok. The people that I would have to deal with, that could be the most diffiuclt, are the state legislators and the media. Of course, I love these cats so much and I really enjoy educating people on them. The media tells so many lies and mis truths about these animals. People have it constantly pounded into their heads, that these wild cats are dangerous vicious killers. Not true at all. Yes, they are predators, but they only kill to eat and survive, not because they are mean or vicious. As I have said many times, we humans are the vicious ones

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well....I was going to post some long over due pictures. BUT, that will not be happening any time in the near future. Why?? Because my computer took a dump or shoud I say, bit the big one.
Since it is over 7 years old, I am not going to spend the money to get it fixed and I am not going to go out and get a new one for quite a while. (Would rather spend the money on my cats and to help my friends sanctuary) So, who knows when I will have a computer again. However, I can still post online from work, like I am doing now, but I cannot do the photo posting from here. Guess I can always snail mail pictures out if anyone wants them
I need a computer to be part of the BOD of the FCF. Looks like I won't be doing that this time around either.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a bummer, John!!
How will we live without pics of our favorite big kitties?

(Don't be surprised if I PM my address to you.
)

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

What a bummer, John!!
How will we live without pics of our favorite big kitties?

(Don't be surprised if I PM my address to you.
)
I'm sorry
If I can find a way, I will post them. However, I will continue to take new pictures for if and when I do get another computer. It would be great if I can post them from work, we have high speed here. No waiting forever like I did at home with my dial up.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Make sure who ever you mail them too has a scanner.
I guess in the mean time we can all do a little time warp and look at all the old pics again. I never get tired of seeing them!

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just thinking, since my computer is down, I won't be able to copy the pictures from my digital camera to CD. I'll just go back to using film, which I like much better, then when I get them developed, they can put them on CD for me. At least I can still post here from work though. What a pain this is.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I may have a computer sooner that I was thinking. I have a coworker whos husband can build me one for about 1/3 the cost of what you would buy in the store. If I do decide to have it built, I can finally get high speed internet as well, since we now have cable in my area. Boy, if I get high speed, think of all the pictures I can post then

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AmberThe Bobcat

Well, I may have a computer sooner that I was thinking. I have a coworker whos husband can build me one for about 1/3 the cost of what you would buy in the store. If I do decide to have it built, I can finally get high speed internet as well, since we now have cable in my area. Boy, if I get high speed, think of all the pictures I can post then
Whoa! Big cat pic overload!

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I almost forgot. If you go to my picture page (click the link MORE photos here) you can see my latest updates on my Webshots page. Didn't get to post the new ones here before the computer bit the dust.

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i have just spent an extremely pleasant 10 minutes looking through some of the photos on your webshots page and now i feel all warm and happy! they all look so happy and contented.

the one of the 2 bobcats with the 'little' cat between them is just so adorable!

(i was tempted to save my favourites and put them on this thread but i'm not sure if that is allowed so haven't!)

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tab

i have just spent an extremely pleasant 10 minutes looking through some of the photos on your webshots page and now i feel all warm and happy! they all look so happy and contented.

the one of the 2 bobcats with the 'little' cat between them is just so adorable!

(i was tempted to save my favourites and put them on this thread but i'm not sure if that is allowed so haven't!)
This one??

Funny thing is, the "little" cat in between them is Aurora, who is not so little, just looks that way between Amber and Boris
Aurora is a 14 pound girl, but doesn't look that way between her bobcat pals
If you want to post your favorites from the webshots page, that's ok with me

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yes that is the one!
and wow! aurora certainly doesn't look like a 14 pounder in those pics! guess that's one of the many upsides to having your big cousins around!

i will certainly be posting some of my favourites then, thank you!

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tab

yes that is the one!
and wow! aurora certainly doesn't look like a 14 pounder in those pics! guess that's one of the many upsides to having your big cousins around!

i will certainly be posting some of my favourites then, thank you!
It sure is and as you can see, they love her a lot. Aurora is one safe comfortable baby sleeping between those 2

John's going to have high speed internet finally? Yay! Woo Hoo!
Well, once I decide to get a new computer. But maybe everyone will get tired of me then. If I get high speed, there will be pictures, pictures and more pictures

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AmberThe Bobcat

It sure is and as you can see, they love her a lot. Aurora is one safe comfortable baby sleeping between those 2

Well, once I decide to get a new computer. But maybe everyone will get tired of me then. If I get high speed, there will be pictures, pictures and more pictures
The day we get tired of pics of all those big paws will the the day the world ends.