Okay, I Know I Can’t Have Another Cat, But...

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's a huge decision and I applaud you for thinking with your head as well as your heart. I know if I just followed my heart, I would have 100+ cats!
As others have said, I think starting out as a foster would be an excellent option for Clementine (LOVE that name, BTW). See how things go. You would be in a better position to see how well the three would get along.
Something you said in your original post has stuck with me..

I don’t need another cat, I don’t need another cat, I don’t need another cat... :nono:

I have always chosen to bring a cat into our family by asking "Does this cat need ME?" Of the cats we have, there was always an inner voice giving a loud, "YES".
It's usually a little bit later that I discover that yes, I did need another cat.;)
Good luck to you and Clementine, whatever you decide!

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have always chosen to bring a cat into our family by asking "Does this cat need ME?" Of the cats we have, there was always an inner voice giving a loud, "YES".
It's usually a little bit later that I discover that yes, I did need another cat.;)
Good luck to you and Clementine, whatever you decide!
:yeah:
If "does this (animal) need us" is answered with "yes", we then go over finances, space, potential separation arrangements and make sure it's going to go as smoothly as we can plan and we know they'll be cared for.
(Not directed rosegold rosegold or anyone else, just a realistic look at the fact that money doesn't grow on trees. But don't worry, I'm working on it, I planted a dollar bill this spring and expect to be rich by fall :flail:)

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rosegold rosegold . weebeasties weebeasties is RIGHT. The chorus of "ayes" is resounding.
Thing is, a fostering arrangement would be a great way to do a try-out and make sure she, your other cats, and you will be happy. You can adopt later if things go well.
We had a cat we adopted out once that didn't do well in his new home. He wasn't neglected or abused, he was just not adjusting well and they called us and brought him back. Once he was back, he was happy because he'd missed his (litter mate) brother. They were good people, it just didn't work out and it wasn't a good fit.
As I told them, I'll tell you, you don't know 'til you try.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:yeah:
If "does this (animal) need us" is answered with "yes", we then go over finances, space, potential separation arrangements and make sure it's going to go as smoothly as we can plan and we know they'll be cared for.
(Not directed rosegold rosegold or anyone else, just a realistic look at the fact that money doesn't grow on trees. But don't worry, I'm working on it, I planted a dollar bill this spring and expect to be rich by fall :flail:)
Are you planning on sharing free samples when that planting yields?:lolup:

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
... Look at this grumpy, adorable 11 year old girl who’s in the shelter. (Yes, a calico... I’m so predictable!) Her name is Soha. She was a street cat most of her life so she’s tough and battle-scarred but loves gentle pets and butt pats.
View attachment 287508
View attachment 287510
View attachment 287511

Odds are she’s going to spend the rest of her life there. There’s no point to this post other than to share how cute she is, and how badly I want to take her home. :(

No! I’ve got to talk myself out of it! I don’t need another cat, I don’t need another cat, I don’t need another cat... :nono:
..Go on n take the kitty home...U will b glad u did:):wave3::hyper::yess::petcat::catlove::alright::goodluck::heartshape:Hurry n make this kitty happy:lol2::catlove:

Last edited:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

rosegold

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, hopefully they’ll get back to me about my application in a few days. After that I think they will request pictures of my housing and *then* if all is approved then a visit can be scheduled. So it’s a waiting game on my end. :)

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, hopefully they’ll get back to me about my application in a few days. After that I think they will request pictures of my housing and *then* if all is approved then a visit can be scheduled. So it’s a waiting game on my end. :)
I think that they want to see her in a good home more than anyone. Shelter workers love to see senior cats get adopted (or fostered). I hope all goes well. Fingers and paws crossed in our house that everything works out. I am a firm believer that everything in life happens for a reason. If you and Clementine were meant to be together then you will be. :hugs:

ETA: It is true. 1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 would never steer you wrong. :catman: