Nov. 23rd, Two Years Since Sebastian Died In My Arms

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Tomorrow will be two years since that awful night when I came home from work and found Sebastian with his right leg caught in the mini blinds, possibly trying to escape the pain since he was dying, and I freed him and 15 seconds later he died in my arms; he had been sick, but we didn't think it was his time to leave us, but it was, and as horrible as it was to come home to that time has taken away a lot of it's sting of the memory of that night, and I am actually glad that he literally hung on and waited for me to come home so I could hold him one last time, he did not die alone and for that I am grateful, and even though it is easy to have the mind want to slip back and relive that night and those days, I just last night let it happen, like I often tell others on here who are grieving "whatever you are feeling go with it", and it seems to purge out of my system faster if I do that rather than try to repress it. But I also don't dwell on it because I know he is happy and healthy again, he was freed from his pain in his Earthly life and is great now, and 3 months later he helped send me my Angel boy Sylvester who looks like Sebastian (black Chantilly) and Simon (tuxedo) combined, they live with us still through him and in our hearts and memories, and are never really gone....

November 19th 2015 I joined this site asking questions about his illness, 4 days later he was gone, but the kindness and love and compassion that I received on here has made me stay and hopefully help others in the acute stages of grief, when you feel like you also will die and don't really care if you do, and to tell everyone "yes, it hurts like hell, and takes time to get over, but you will feel better albeit ever so slowly". Sometimes, kind words can help more than anyone can ever imagine, and I thank you all once again for 2 years ago helping me.

Rest in Peace "Sea bass", daddy knows that you are fine and happy now, and thank you for sending me Sylvester, we love you.....:) :angel: :hugs: :rbheart:

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
November 19th 2015 I joined this site asking questions about his illness, 4 days later he was gone, but the kindness and love and compassion that I received on here has made me stay and hopefully help others in the acute stages of grief, when you feel like you also will die and don't really care if you do, and to tell everyone "yes, it hurts like hell, and takes time to get over, but you will feel better albeit ever so slowly". Sometimes, kind words can help more than anyone can ever imagine, and I thank you all once again for 2 years ago helping me.
And we are glad and lucky that you stayed!
Your support has been huge in this time, even if I know you only since February, when I joined.
No doubt that hundreds users have received help and support from your kind words.

In perspective we have to thank our furry friends. I think that all of us joined this forum when they were in need for their cats. Most of them stayed since and contribute to this community.
Cats made us meet here and we still help others in their name.
This is the magic of having a cat.

RIP wonderful and faithful Sebastian, you hung on bravely to say goodbye to the person who loved you beyond imagination.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
And we are glad and lucky that you stayed!
Your support has been huge in this time, even if I know you only since February, when I joined.
No doubt that hundreds users have received help and support from your kind words.

In perspective we have to thank our furry friends. I think that all of us joined this forum when they were in need for their cats. Most of them stayed since and contribute to this community.
Cats made us meet here and we still help others in their name.
This is the magic of having a cat.

RIP wonderful and faithful Sebastian, you hung on bravely to say goodbye to the person who loved you beyond imagination.
This brought tears to my eyes, especially the last part, thank you.....He was Deb's "favorite", and many times told me "when he goes I'll be a wreck", but I was the one who took him to the vet because she just couldn't stand it, and one Saturday near the end he and I went to 2 different ones and for hours waiting for them I just sat there rubbing his neck and chin, talking to him softly, and he and I became even closer. And somehow he knew that I would be coming home that night, there is no other explanation to how he held on and 15 seconds after being in my arms passed away, he willed himself to do it and like I said as hard as that was to witness, and as much as that affected me mentally for months, I am glad that he did, that I got to hold him not only at the end but I was the first one to hold him when I caught him as a stray at my work, but he was front declawed and was a gorgeous cat, he certainly belonged to someone but no one claimed him or reported it to the local shelters, I checked thoroughly but they didn't, so we had him until he was 16.5 years old which is pretty good but never long enough, but he is fine now, watching over us all and happy, and he surely guided me to Sylvester and I see Sebastian (and Simon) in him daily, so he is still with us....

Thanks again....

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I had only been here a month when you came, and I am sad to say that I don't remember if I was even really aware of this forum then. If I had not yet found it, this is for then, and for now, and for always.

Rest you gentle, Sebastian, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on your Daddy's heart forever, just as your love still dwells in it.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
les26, as you know so well, these anniversaries are so bittersweet. We allow ourselves to go where we know it will bring pain, but we know deep down it also is one of our greatest joys to have shared our lives with those little heaven sent angels. We are changed forever, on one side we know the greatest grief our hearts can ever know, but on the opposite side we found our greatest happiness in a heart filled with their love. Each year that goes by brings a little healing, especially with the help of special people like you and so many others on this site that take the time to freely give the compassion and empathy that those who come here so desperately need. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, I already know you will be blessed......... RIP dear Sebastian, you were loved so very much, you will never be forgotten. Sleep, little one, secure in the knowledge that you will will be held in a loving heart for eternity.