Not Getting Alerts On Watched Thread

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I'm not getting alerts on some of my watched threads. For example, I got an alert that someone "purraised" a post of mine on a thread, but then I did not get the alert saying that someone posted a reply to that same thread.
I checked my settings and I should be getting all the alerts on watched threads.

?????

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Seems like I'm getting my alerts again....:dunno:

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
I have problems with intermittent alerts - if I’ve replied or viewed a thread recently it’s pretty good, but if it’s an older thread I often don’t see a notification for it ...

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've noticed that if you don't check the thread after you get an email, you don't get anymore alerts for that thread.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I've noticed that if you don't check the thread after you get an email, you don't get anymore alerts for that thread.
Yes, that's the way the system works. Anne explained it here: Suddenly Stopped Receiving Email Notifications

As @jcat said, you won't be getting more alerts unless you visit the thread after getting the first one. The system assumes you know that something has changed in the thread and you'll be checking it out and seeing all new replies.

Just make sure the initial setup is the way you want it -
https://thecatsite.com/account/alert-preferences

Then you'll be alerted once when the thread gets updated since your last visit. To get subsequent alerts you have to visit the thread and read the latest replies.

I hope that helps!