Newly adopted Rescue

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Meme for 2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
HUGE step for my Cece! Tonight I was in her room with her and talking and petting with her brush, gave her some treats and she ate them right next to me. Got her to bat around her feather toy. Adter about 45 mins I told her I was going in the other room and slowly walked to the door. She started following me so I stopped, she stopped, talked to her softly telling her to come on out. Kept repeating this, few steps, stop, softly encouraging her. We made it all the way out to the living room!! Cannot believe she actually followed me!! She looked around then got a little spooked and ran back to her room and up in her tower. So I walked back in her room praising her and she jumped right out so I put a few more treats down and praised her more. Now she is resting, but what a great moment of trust and bravery ☺❤

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
HUGE step for my Cece! Tonight I was in her room with her and talking and petting with her brush, gave her some treats and she ate them right next to me. Got her to bat around her feather toy. Adter about 45 mins I told her I was going in the other room and slowly walked to the door. She started following me so I stopped, she stopped, talked to her softly telling her to come on out. Kept repeating this, few steps, stop, softly encouraging her. We made it all the way out to the living room!! Cannot believe she actually followed me!! She looked around then got a little spooked and ran back to her room and up in her tower. So I walked back in her room praising her and she jumped right out so I put a few more treats down and praised her more. Now she is resting, but what a great moment of trust and bravery ☺❤
ConCATulations, you two -- keep up the great work! :agree: :cheerleader:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
0F54D0BB-7345-49C0-8F5D-E19D646202BA$L0$001~photo.GIF
This is good news!

Meme for 2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Update on Cece and our move to our new apartment. Since I did not want to traumatize her when trying to catch her, I purchased a small dog crate, placed her cubby that she likes to hide in inside the dog crate. Moving day was Monday, she was hiding in there and simply went over and gently closed the door to the crate. Worked like a charm with no stress for either of us, lol.
Now the new place, she was terrified the poor girl, so I placed her blanket she uses with her scent on it inside a cardboard box. She instantly smeller her blanket and went right over to it and climbed inside.
I kept checking on her yesterday and last night I went in there and sat on the floor to talk to her. She came right out and up to me looking for her 'brush pets'. I used the brush for a bit then put it down, she decided she did not have enough attention yet so she came over and started rubbing up against me. I stayed in there with her for quite a while, left her door open last night so she could venture out and inspect everything. I could see this morning she had been out here checking out the apartment.
This morning she is very vocal, calling for me, I think she is just looking to make sure her comfort humans didn't leave her, lol. I keep checking on her and sitting with her offering treats. She isn't eating much probably from the upset of the move, but she is using her litter box and ate a small amount.
It is so weird, whenever she becomes frightened she makes progress with me, which I think means she recognizes me as her safety zone and means so much to me. All of this time being patient is worth it knowing she does take comfort in being around me. That is and always will be my ultimate goal for her and anything else she offers is a huge bonus. Love this pretty girl so much.:redheartpump:

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Update on Cece and our move to our new apartment. Since I did not want to traumatize her when trying to catch her, I purchased a small dog crate, placed her cubby that she likes to hide in inside the dog crate. Moving day was Monday, she was hiding in there and simply went over and gently closed the door to the crate. Worked like a charm with no stress for either of us, lol.
Now the new place, she was terrified the poor girl, so I placed her blanket she uses with her scent on it inside a cardboard box. She instantly smeller her blanket and went right over to it and climbed inside.
I kept checking on her yesterday and last night I went in there and sat on the floor to talk to her. She came right out and up to me looking for her 'brush pets'. I used the brush for a bit then put it down, she decided she did not have enough attention yet so she came over and started rubbing up against me. I stayed in there with her for quite a while, left her door open last night so she could venture out and inspect everything. I could see this morning she had been out here checking out the apartment.
This morning she is very vocal, calling for me, I think she is just looking to make sure her comfort humans didn't leave her, lol. I keep checking on her and sitting with her offering treats. She isn't eating much probably from the upset of the move, but she is using her litter box and ate a small amount.
It is so weird, whenever she becomes frightened she makes progress with me, which I think means she recognizes me as her safety zone and means so much to me. All of this time being patient is worth it knowing she does take comfort in being around me. That is and always will be my ultimate goal for her and anything else she offers is a huge bonus. Love this pretty girl so much.:redheartpump:
That's great to hear!

Yes, you are her only trusted friend and she knows she can trust you and therefore comes up to you when the needs you. This is wonderful! Keep it up Cece!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats are just like us in that they seek comfort and reassurance in uncertainty. May you and Cece enjoy your new life in your new home! and may she continue to know that you are her safe haven. :hearthrob: :agree:

Meme for 2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi there! Cece is still settling in at iur new place, lots of strange sounds and smells to get used to. She has definitely bonded more with me and will seek me out in the mornings for attention and reassurance. She will actually come out of her room and stand in the doorway calling to me lol. I try to get her to come further out but without being too pushy. After a bit I bring some treats to her and sit with her for a while. She is such a lovebug without touching, sometimes I have to remind myself not to reach out. I do get some pets in but when she catches me she gives me the evil eye 🤣. She has made so much progress!

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hi there! Cece is still settling in at iur new place, lots of strange sounds and smells to get used to. She has definitely bonded more with me and will seek me out in the mornings for attention and reassurance. She will actually come out of her room and stand in the doorway calling to me lol. I try to get her to come further out but without being too pushy. After a bit I bring some treats to her and sit with her for a while. She is such a lovebug without touching, sometimes I have to remind myself not to reach out. I do get some pets in but when she catches me she gives me the evil eye 🤣. She has made so much progress!
Nice! Way to go Cece! Looks like she’s braver now and she knows that you love her. Photos please!

Last edited:

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww,so good to hear..... glad it's going so well,she is a sweetie pie.... got any photos?