New to raw feeding and have questions!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:heart3: :heart3: :heart3: :heart3: :heart3: :heart3: :heart3: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: !!!!!! I'm so glad she's still having some good days. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

oakshimmer

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey guys,

Things have not been going so well lately.
Kitty is declining a little more everyday. I have made an appointment to see the vet on Monday to assess if we are at the end of this. I am having a hard time knowing if I should be letting her go because she still has moments when she seems like she feels a little better. But these moments seem to come less and less, and more often she just looks unwell. So I know I need to get some help now, and maybe I might be faced with a goodbye on Monday. I am going to spend this weekend just being there for her as I always have been, and continue to stay in good spirits for her sake. This is so hard!
I did come to terms with what is happening, and when I think about it, I know that fate was not on her side before I came along. I gave her 2 wonderful years of her life to spend living life at it's best, gave her all I could in every way and I know she was happy and grateful. Her life seemed short for me but it was a wonderful 2 years together and I would not change a thing with that. She deserves the best and I will continue to be strong and give her the best I can even if that means letting her go. I love my little princess.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:hugs: :hugs: Indeed, she has had the two best years any cat could ask for. Talk to her. She'll tell you. :heart3:

oakshimmer

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Today is the day I let my baby go.
She is not doing well, I think this is for the best. Her appointment is at 11:40am and I am dreading this trip. I am going to miss her so much. In my heart I know it's for the best but I am scared at the same time. They said they use the catheder method, but I have requested sedation beforehand because I don't want her to be in any more pain than she is. This is not a good day.

harleydiva

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry.  I've been there....and nothing anyone can say will make it easier, but know that you are both in our hearts and prayers.  

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thinking of you. Your precious girl :angel: is now free of cancer and watching over you. I'm so sorry for your loss, what a brave thing you have done. :rbheart::rbheart::rbheart:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oakshimmer, I am so sorry.
 You have been in my prayers every day for guidance & peace, knowing what you were facing.  I'm  so sorry the time has come. May God's peace, love  & comfort surround & sustain you during this time. Sending BIG HUGS & vibes full of love!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oakshimmer, I am so sorry. :alright:  You have been in my prayers every day for guidance & peace, knowing what you were facing.  I'm  so sorry the time has come. May God's peace, love  & comfort surround & sustain you during this time. Sending BIG HUGS & vibes full of love!!!!!!!!! :rbheart:  :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :rbheart: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes:
I can't say it any better. I'm so, so, so sorry, sweetie. :hugs: :heart3: :hugs: :heart3: :hugs: :heart3: :hugs: :heart3: :hugs: :heart3: :hugs: :heart3: :hugs: :rbheart:

oakshimmer

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am okay,
but sad by it all. Loosing a friend is never easy. She fought the sadation and was really upset about having that but in the end she finally had no pain. I wanted to keep her with me, but the vet said she would have to be on such a heavy dose of pain killers and she would just be dopped up. What kind of life is that? In the end I knew I had to let her go, even though she still would be able to live so to speak, but not without having to be in excruciating pain. I know I did the right thing but it was soooo hard to do. She was such a tough little girl and spent her time hanging in there for me.
She had a huge bond with me from the moment she walked into my life, that I think she would have gone longer just to stay by my side. I wanted to keep her with me, but I had to not be selfish and think of only my wishes. She was in agony, and enough was enough.

My eyes are so puffy from crying, and I miss her so much. My home feels a bit more emptier without her and things will never be the same. I know my heart will heal over time but right now it is so painful to go through. My only thought is that she does not have to suffer any more and she is finally be at rest.

You guys have been so wonderful to me and Kitty. I can never thank you all enough for all that you have done through your support. I am thankful that I had the chance to have support from people like yourselves.

Maybe one day I might open the door for another sweet cat, but right now I am in such an emotional mess that I can't even begin to think of doing that for a long while. It is too hard going through death.

Thank-you all for everything, you have been such kind and sweet people, I will stay in touch.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:bawling: :bawling: Oh hun.... :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2:

I know it just really hurts right now. That's the problem of loving so much; it just hurts so much to lose. But in the end, we'd chose it all over again. :heart2:

Kitty was so very, very lucky to have such a wonderful mum. I know she's still with you; she will always be with you. ...and that's of very little comfort, when what we're missing is their loving eyes, their smiles, their warmth and purrs. :rub: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2:

There is a Crossing the Bridge forum here on TCS. When talking about Kitty will help, you should consider starting a thread there; tell us about her, and post some pictures of your beautiful girl. :rbheart:

...and I suspect that whether you decide your ready or not, when Kitty decides you're ready, she'll help the right kitty find their way to you. :heart2:

:grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: :grphug2: