New Fosters, Old Cats

PMousse

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone,

I've been fostering two senior citizens since September of last year. They are a bonded pair of older cats in long-term palliative foster. So they aren't "new" in any sense, but I very much hope that they'll stay around for a long time, and I've finally got around to organizing the photos on my phone. So here they are -

The older one is a 15-yo lady named Endora. She's the shorthaired grey one with white socks. The younger one is a 13-yo boy named Ruckus. He's the longhaired brown one.

IMG_20181212_224142-01.jpeg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

PMousse

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well they've settled in well. :lol:
So you are their long-term foster PMousse PMousse ? :)
It's so lovely they can stay together.
YES :) They were having a bit of trouble finding foster homes at first, and they are pretty independent, so the shelter was open to separating them in an effort to get them into foster homes. But they'd come from the same home and apparently grew up together, and I just couldn't take one and not the other....so I ended up with two lol.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
PMousse PMousse : that's so wonderful that you are fostering the 2 senior kitties, and that they didn't have to be separated. :heartshape:

If you have a chance, perhaps you can add your thoughts to a thread where the OP is considering adopting two 15 year old sister cats. Here's the thread link: I Don't Know If I Should Get Another Cat?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

PMousse

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Endora is very beautiful :hearthrob:
I love her white bib & socks :hearthrob:

Ruckus is very handsome too :redheartpump:
He has gorgeous eyes

Welcome to the site :hithere:
I agree with you!

Endora is older and a bit overweight so she doesn't zoom around anymore, but she's really smart. She just meows at you nonstop, then stares at you, then uses one paw to grab your hand so you can scratch her.

Ruckus has huge eyes that always find you wherever you are! Then he'll jump into your lap and sleep there.

It's great that you're fostering seniors! They look well adjusted on the comfy bed. :)
Yes, they aren't shy cats. Maybe it comes with old age--that they just don't bother with running away and hiding anymore. :dunno: Endora will ask any visitor for pets and Ruckus will climb into anyone's lap.

IMG_20181124_205253-01.jpeg

IMG_20180929_093200.jpg

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
YES :) They were having a bit of trouble finding foster homes at first, and they are pretty independent, so the shelter was open to separating them in an effort to get them into foster homes. But they'd come from the same home and apparently grew up together, and I just couldn't take one and not the other....so I ended up with two lol.
:bouquet: :rock::hearthrob::redheartpump:

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with you!

Endora is older and a bit overweight so she doesn't zoom around anymore, but she's really smart. She just meows at you nonstop, then stares at you, then uses one paw to grab your hand so you can scratch her.

Ruckus has huge eyes that always find you wherever you are! Then he'll jump into your lap and sleep there.

Yes, they aren't shy cats. Maybe it comes with old age--that they just don't bother with running away and hiding anymore. :dunno: Endora will ask any visitor for pets and Ruckus will climb into anyone's lap.

View attachment 269424

View attachment 269425
:clap::clap2::heartshape:They are beautiful, so glad you kept them together. A wonderful tribute to your dear angel.:rbheart::angel3::rbheart: