New Cat Sleeps Alot

Bella_

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My first time having a cat but since I got her I noticed that she sleeps alot.
When she wakes up I play with her for like 20 mins then she goes to eat and starts to move around the room and then in 1-2 hrs she sleeps again.
She’s 7 months old I’m just kinda worried so I wanna make sure that what she’s doing is normal

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
:hellosmiley: and welcome to TCS!

Your cat sounds normal to me. A 7 month old cat is still pretty very much a kitten and kittens sleep a lot just like a human baby. They are very active and burns off their energy very fast and they need all that beauty sleep to recharge.

As long as she's eating, peeing, pooping and playing normally, I would not worry that much unless she's not doing anything normal as mentioned, then I would have her checked by a vet.

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If this is your first time having a Cat, and if you can afford it, it would be beneficial to adopt a second Kitten for companionship. It may sound counterintuitive, but 2 Kittens will play together and burn off a lot of energy, keeping eachother occupied and leaving less chance of them getting into things they shouldn't.

A solitary Kitten will explore and get into everything, and may keep you up at night running around causing mischief.

RoofTopPigeon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My first time having a cat but since I got her I noticed that she sleeps alot.
When she wakes up I play with her for like 20 mins then she goes to eat and starts to move around the room and then in 1-2 hrs she sleeps again.
She’s 7 months old I’m just kinda worried so I wanna make sure that what she’s doing is normal
Bella; If you've ONLY Ever had Dog's Before.
The Answer is YES! Your Cat is Doing What is Perfectly Normal For a Cat.

And Un-like Dogs; Whatever you do;
Do NOT; Use Dry Food For a Cat;
You MUST Remember That Cat's are Solitary Hunter's By Nature;
(and) Therefore *Require an REAL Meat Diet Too Stay Healthy.
I always; Recommend Friskies Wet Canned Food Too New Cat Owners.
But that is Only Because I have Had Good Luck With it.

From Here I Will Simply Link to another post of mine on this forum where I describe my experience using Friskies Wet Canned Food; It is Post #41 in the linked to Thread on this Forum. :hellocomputer:

Here:

Is Friskies a good cat wet food brand?