Is Friskies a good cat wet food brand?

RoofTopPigeon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have NOTHING Bad Too Say About Friskie's "Wet Canned" Cat Food; From the years of the 1980's Too The Early 2000's; I Had An Calico Cat; That I Fed Exclusively Friskie's "Wet Food" ALONG WITH some Friskies Dry Food Too Help keep teeth clean of Plaque.
(and) She Lived to 15 years of age with a few extra months.

1.) I Would Give her half a can of wet food; and leave dry food out for her to munch on through out the remainder of the day;
The Dry Food is kind of like a cat tooth brush.

2.) Then Put the other half in the Fridge for the Next Day.

3.) I Always Switched UP the Flavors Of Wet Food;
Every Third Day the Flavor would Change;
UN-LIKE Dogs Cat's NEED Variety.
We Must Remember Cat's are Solitary Hunter's at Heart;
and therefore MOST Cat's that are NOT Picky Eaters;
Will Tend Too THRIVE On Variety!

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Friskies dry made my cats extremely ill. Vomiting, runs, and lethargy. I switched the food and they where back to normal. Then I found out it sources ingredients from China where food safety is barely regulated. I think it was poisoning my cats. I wouldn't touch it again.

I try to avoid ingredients from China because it is so lax there.

RoofTopPigeon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Friskies dry made my cats extremely ill. Vomiting, runs, and lethargy. I switched the food and they where back to normal. Then I found out it sources ingredients from China where food safety is barely regulated. I think it was poisoning my cats. I wouldn't touch it again.

I try to avoid ingredients from China because it is so lax there.
If you notice IndyJones I said the time I used Friskie's Wet Food; was in the 1980's and early 2000's so the formula; could have very well been higher quality back then; then it is today.

supermax1943

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have fed my colony of 50+ nothing but Friskies Wet and Dry for over 20 years. They have always been healthy with great looking coats. Never had any kind of illness run through the colony. I swear by Friskies. It is certainly not the most expensive, but it isn't the cheapest either. I highly recommend it (any varieties). I haven't had anyone turn their nose up at it either!

Uncled

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Mine love Friskie s pate variety. I feed a lot of different store brands and name brand pate style, as mentioned before on this site the best food for your cat is the one that you can get them to eat.

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Friskies dry (both kitten and adult ones) is one of the foods I use to feed the stray cats around my house. Some don't eat it at all. Most eat but not finish. For comparison I have never experienced the same with Hill's Science Plan Optimal Care or Royal Canin Sensible 33 with the same strays.

I know a cat not eating or eating a food doesn't necessarily say much about the quality of nutrition but taste-wise seems like the cats around me rank it low/average.