New Cat Hiding Under The Bed.

duncanmac

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She still uses under the bed as her home base though. And she is still nervous when I’m standing up but this morning I got her to walk across the room to me and let me pet her just by crouching down and holding my hand out.
Great news.

We will have had our shy former feral for two years next month. He still has a couple of preferred hiding places that he retreats to when he is uncomfortable (typically company is over) or just wants some alone time.

And he still runs away from me in certain situations - like kneeling next to him - but at other times he rolls onto his back or keeps circling me for more pets. Its a slow process and neither of our cats may ever be lap cats, but if you build your guys confidence he will end up a happy friendly cat.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sounds like things are progressing well.
She's a cutie pie. :purr:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

NadiasDad

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We continue to make progress. She now sleeps with me every night and lets me pet her a lot but keeps a bit of distance. She still stays a certain distance away when I’m standing up but she keeps coming near me up to a certain distance so I think she’s curious but not totally comfortable yet. I’m just trying to figure out how to help her get comfortable when I’m standing. I guess I just have to be patient though. It’s only been 3 weeks.

Attachments

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My one cat absolutely loves this one:

The others don’t, it’s a hit or miss. Just need to put in the effort and love to find out what your special little kitty likes.

Some of mine love cat grass, others hate it.
One loves catnip spray, others couldn’t care less.

It’s part of the adventure of living with cats :).
Thznks for the video...... arnold LOVES IT!

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When we adopted greg and arnold, they hid under separate beds for a week!

Frankly I dont know how they survived, never saw them eat or use the litter box. Now they are inseparable from us.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Great news! :clap2: Nadia's lucky to have such a patient Dad. :petcat: :catlove: :hearthrob: