Need help on how to give liquid meds

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
She pooped on a towel and then dragged it in her litter box tell me how much she really loves me that's her kitten / travel box when she comes with me I can't leave my daughter home I think she has separation anxiety or I might I can't be with out her

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I think you're doing a great job, and your cats are fortunate they have you :)!

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
I can't live without my spooky demon child like if I have to leave to another person's house I have to take her with me I can't sleep without her

bpenniman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I need suggestions on how to get liquid meds into my demon spawn child spooky I've been wearing her meds more then her swallowing them I've tried putting them in wet food she covered it shes in a cage rn she ended up with a gash while I was at work I thought she ripped her stitches shes on the antibiotic and gabapentin I have burrito her shes found away to hide her head I really need help I'm sick of wearing her meds
I've been having issues giving them to Boots. I've found using the standard hold head by back of head and jaw and tilt back then squirt is the only way that works, even if it's a giant hassle.

bpenniman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Does Spooky allow you to sweep back her whiskers, and hold her head, lightly, with your thumb on one side of her jaw, and fingers on the other side of jaw?

There's some good videos that you can watch and get tips on:
TCS has one...it's the 2nd video, way at the bottom of the page,...and if you can do it fast, it will often work.
How Can I Give A Pill To My Cat – Cat Articles

If you search youtube, you'll also find other helpful videos:

I especially like these ones, where Fundamentally Feline does a thorough job at explaining, and also giving little tricks...like using soft wet cat foods in a syringe, and chasing the awful tasting liquid medicine down. I used to use water in a syringe, to chase the meds, but using food sounds better.

In her other video, she provides even more tips and tricks...like first putting food in a syringe, then adding the liquid meds, and then again adding food. It seems like a good combination to use, if your cat likes the food, and cannot taste the meds.
This...This helps me too. Boots is sometimes rebellious, othertimes not.

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
She's cleared now she's off meds and she thinks she can do anything she wants she loves to give me a heart attack typical spooky