Need Good Vibes For Daughter and Grandson

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry to hear this. I hope she is feeling more stable today. I had preeclampsia with both of my pregnancies but not till the end. They were born at 37 and 38 weeks. That magnesium can make you feel off on it's own. The day after my DD was born my step-dad walked into my hospital room and for a split second he had 2 heads. :crazy: Having your blood pressure so high like that feels awful. :(

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Small update:
They have her blood pressure relatively under control, but it is with heavy doses of medication that they are able to do so. One of the medications that they have her on has eliminated the fluid build up in her lungs and around her heart. She has not had any new seizures and was able to walk with me to the hospital cafe. She has lost more than 10 pounds in the last couple of weeks.

Attachments

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for the update and wonderful news that her blood pressure is under control. Fingers crossed for more good news. :crossfingers: Sending more special thoughts your way.:vibes::vibes::vibes:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy to hear they were able to control bp and get rid of fluid.It's good she as able to walk to cafe.
How are you holding up?

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy to hear they were able to control bp and get rid of fluid.It's good she as able to walk to cafe.
How are you holding up?
She was certainly happy to get out of the room for a little while! I am doing okay. Stressed and exhausted, both physically and emotionally. My mother-in-law is driving down to see her tomorrow, so I may stay home and get stuff done that I have been neglecting. With any luck, that will include taking a long nap; however, I think that I will be too stressed about all the cleaning I have neglected!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I am glad her BP is now being controlled. You need to take care of YOU! Don't worry about the cleaning and take a nice, long nap, if you can. That's probably more important at this point.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Small update: Her blood pressure is still under control for the most part. She was shown the NICU today so it will not be as overwhelming when she has him and sees him there. In the first week of December, we will find out when she is having him and if she will be induced or given a C-Section. If she is induced, they did say it would be likely the 8th or the 9th.They are giving her ultrasounds each week to keep a close eye on him. She was excited last night because she won her first game ever of Clue. We are talking years of playing the game and never winning.

I am taking today off of visiting, although we will video chat later. (She has a friend visiting today, which makes it easier on me deciding not to go.) I need to go to the grocery store! My husband has worked every day this week, so he has not been able to go. He was not able to visit her either. I am going to the store so that on his next day off he can visit with her.

Tomorrow is her birthday, so my son, his fiancee, and I are going up to visit her and play the card game Gloom after we take her to the nicer of the two cafes there. I think the nurses are doing something for her, too.

Here are her last ultrasound pictures. The 3D ones are both creepy and kind of cool.

Attachments

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
So glad she is doing better.Why not order your groceries on line? That's a lot on you at this point
in time. Congrats on her first win of Clue!!

Happy Birthday to her and enjoy Gloom!!:bday:

:hugs:

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why not order your groceries on line?
I had thought of it; however, we live in a small village with a small grocery store. They do not deliver. The closest one that does deliver is just over 19 miles away. I do not think they would deliver this far. Blah!

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How was the birthday party?
The birthday party went well. We were able to go down to the hospital restaurant (Much better than the cafe there!). Afterward, we went back up to her room and played Gloom. One of the nurses who came in to check her decided that she is going to buy Gloom for her husband this Christmas because we were having so much fun playing.

It was good that we had such a nice time because her health took a bit of a downward turn later that night. She had another small seizure and Elijah's heart rate dropped significantly. It went back up, but it dropped again several times throughout the night. Her blood pressure is on the rise and she has a headache that medication is not really relieving. She was placed back on 100% bed rest with round-the-clock monitoring. Yesterday, her headache was pretty bad. His heart rate dropped significantly again, but, like before, went back to normal. She is doing a 24-hour urine test today. If the protein amount has increased, they are going to have her deliver tomorrow. We are keeping our fingers crossed that is not the case. They did a bedside ultrasound to see his positioning. He is currently breech.