Name Three things - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got up early and got the washing done and in the dryer, fed and medicated the girls and myself (there is nobody in this household who's not on medication now!) and will soon have to get Mum up. Other than that it's almost a day off! Mum has her exercise session this morning, but that's the only appointment for the day.

Have still to get Phoebe to give her her flea drops ... that can wait. Daisy's hiding under the bed after hers and has sworn she's never speaking to me again. :lol:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Yesterday, a blue jay was walking around on the ground by the suet racks, muttering something about the old man being late with the suet this year. Rick saw him and it wasn't long til two suet cakes were in the racks.
Seven bags of walnut leaves were emptied over in the borough's mountain brush pile...we don't use walnut leaves because of the juglone. You shouldn't plant anything around walnut trees because the juglone can kill susceptible flowers, shrubs, etc. We don't want to put them on the garden for that reason. Would it hurt the plants in the garden? We don't know, but we're not taking chances. I understand that you can compost the leaves for a year or so to release and break down the juglone, but we'd rather just get rid of the leaves.
We cleaned all dust kittens out from under the bed. Removed all the stuff from under the bed, cleaned and swiffered and vacuumed well. It's done for several months. We should do it more often, but we don't. The electric blanket is on the bed and I, and the girls, were happy campers last night.

For today:
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am back here with my coffee
  • The first of two loads of laundry is in the washer
  • Any outside chores that Rick decides to work on and that I can help him do. I'd like to wash the outside of the bay window, but I'd need an extension ladder. And with my luck, I'd either fall off the ladder through the darn window or hit the ground. I know me! I can do the bedroom windows and the windows in the computer room from the inside. And I can do the kitchen window and bathroom window outside, just using a small ladder with no trouble. That bay window, though? An accident just waiting to happen.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Working on what to wear and bring with for an outdoor wedding and tent reception when it’s raining, windy and mid 40’s. I assume/hope they will move the wedding ceremony into the tent. Think I am going with a dress pant and sweater jacket outfit with a 3/4 sleeve knit top underneath. If the tent is heated well I can just throw the sweater jacket over my shoulders or button it up if it’s cold. I am wearing thinnish socks but bringing heavier socks and shoes with to switch into if my feet get cold or wet. I am also bringing a snack bag because it will be four or more hours from when I leave home until they serve dinner and I don’t need a diabetic crash.

I have about an hour drive to get to the site and it will probably rain the whole way there and back so I drove a little in the rain this morning just to make sure my windshield wipers were working okay. Usually if it’s raining hard I just stay home.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning I went foraging for juniper berries. This is a superb year for juniper berries. However - only the female trees fruit and I am only able to collect from low branches that I can reach. Need to clean them of debris -bits of greenery - and will then macerate in vodka.

After lunch Himself and I will trundle the two kitchen storm doors out of the basement, around the house, and install. Neither of us is looking forward to this.

It's supposed to rain tomorrow so I want to move more potted plants into the basement.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Gunther4ever Gunther4ever Gosh, I haven't had stuffed cabbage in a long time. Send me some, please!

Yesterday, we finally pulled the tomato and peppers plants out, took the green beans plants down from the fence. I chose which tomatoes and peppers I wanted and came into the house. Made a batch of Cowboy Candy (Rick won't eat it, but I will) and the shoofly cake that I've been wanting for the last month. There is one pepper plant left, a Carmen volunteer in the pea box that is loaded with peppers; I doubt they'll turn red now as it's too cold, but the peppers are beautiful and we want to give them a chance. Rick got the fence down, rolled up, tied, and back into the shed. Also got a bunch of leaves raked, mowed, and took them up to the garden. After burning the plants and some brush, he'll till the leaves into the garden and let it go for the winter.

We still have to clip plants and flowers and get the flower beds ready for winter.

Rick's mom called him last night to find out what was going on with the apple dumplings. He just told her that I'll get to them, but we didn't know when.

It's pouring today, has been since we awakened, and will be for most of the day. Rainy days make me want to crawl back into bed and either nap or read for the day. No motivation for much of anything. Rick will be watching football this afternoon.
  • We took care of my sister's fur-clan this morning and will go back over tonight to feed and check on them. Came back and I did the scooping for the girls. Drinking my coffee now.
  • When Rick turns the tv on, I'm going out to the Shed and will be out there the rest of the day. I should clean out there. But I doubt that will get done.
And that's it for me.

Last edited:

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just about done cleaning juniper berries.

Need to bake cookies today.

Domino sleeping in my lap as I am typing. Really tempted to pick him up, lay down on bed in my study, and nap the drizzle-y gray day away as he quietly purrs to send me to sleep.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
The drive to the wedding yesterday was probably one of the worst, scariest drives I have ever had. Torrential rain, flooded freeway and almost no visibility. Once I got out of the city I got lost a couple times even using phone directions. And the wedding couple insisted on the outdoor wedding so we stood in the cold and rain for the ceremony, which was blessedly short. Fortunately the drive back home was rainy but many times better than the drive there.

I have nothing planned or that must be done today.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
The drive to the wedding yesterday was probably one of the worst, scariest drives I have ever had. Torrential rain, flooded freeway and almost no visibility. Once I got out of the city I got lost a couple times even using phone directions. And the wedding couple insisted on the outdoor wedding so we stood in the cold and rain for the ceremony, which was blessedly short. Fortunately the drive back home was rainy but many times better than the drive there.
i hate being in car when it's raining. i was in car and the driver was speeding. we slid into oncoming traffic
i was so shook up,that happened over 30 years ago and i still hate being in a car when it's raining. i'm
glad you made it home safely :hugs: :redheartpump:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
i hate being in car when it's raining. i was in car and the driver was speeding. we slid into oncoming traffic
i was so shook up,that happened over 30 years ago and i still hate being in a car when it's raining. i'm
glad you made it home safely :hugs: :redheartpump:
Yes. I was so scared, my foot on the gas was shaking. As I sat at the reception all I could think about was having to drive home so I did leave early enough to at least do it in the light.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Not much of anything today... My cleaning person was coming in at 10 AM.. She only scrubs the entire bathroom and the kitchen floor. We use pretty much safe cat stuff for cleaning: Baking soda, white vinegar, baking soda, Dawn, with some Bartenders Friend for stubborn stuff, a tiny bit of diluted Lysol cleaner, adds water to all, in a bucket which I provide. She uses a Swiffer Wet for the floor but immediately wipes it down-- on her hands and knees with paper towels. This is so Geoffrey will not get any of the solution on him.
She is a cat lover, having taken in a feral cat. My cleaner has had a rough lie, so she appreciates any kindness given to her. I m so fortunately to have her. She has a large waiting list.. I had to wait a year for her.. She really likes Geoffrey and seems to like to like me, so I am, again, doubly blessed. Her rates are so inexpensive for people she care for. She is an independent contractor on week-ends.
Geoffrey is not afraid of her-- a blessing. He just hates the discombobulation of his 'stuff": Litter box from bathroom, food from the kitchen... but he gets many cuddles and hugs from me, and eventually investigates things.

Before cleaner came: taking stuff out of rooms, rearranging things, a quick vacuum, string supplies out, washing dishes, shower, a quick vacuum to pick up most of the litter..
Then, rest for a couple of hours,... then put things back.
Also went to confession this afternoon,
not hungry.. just ate ton of nuts...
medicated Geoffrey a few times... (morning stuff, chemo, laxatone, and evening stuff)..
Brushed Geoffrey
Spent a ton of time cuddling with him..
That is it for the day...

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom You are blessed with your cleaning lady; she's a gem. Give G a big hug. :hugs:
susanm9006 susanm9006 Glad you made it home OK. That was scary.

I spent the afternoon in the Shed yesterday. Did I do any cleaning? Nope. Sat on my butt and watched TV, hung out on my iPad. :sigh:
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am back here with my coffee.
  • We'll feed and check on my sister's fur-clan this morning. They're coming back tonight, but I think they're leaving again this coming weekend, so we'll have to care for the clan then.
  • Start working on a grocery list, either Sam's or Costco, wherever Rick wants to go.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom You are so lucky to have such a great cleaner. I had to let mine go......just could not
afford $25.00 an hour and she would not do dishes or laundry so now i just pace myself. my
living room has 3 boxes of Amazon stuff.....i'l get to it.

laundry

scoop litter box

watch some SUV eps

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
What kind of candy do you get for Hallween?
Four packages of MilkyWays (my favorite 🙂) , one large bag of a Hersheys/Twizzlers/Reeses/KitKat mix and a bag of skittles and gummy candies. I will probably still pick up some M&M’s. I get 100-130 kids on Halloween and I like to give them two pieces each and if it’s not too busy let them choose what they want. I also have a small number of Tootsie Pops. A few years ago I had a boy come to the door who only wanted suckers and started to cry when I said I had none. Since then I always have a few.

Last edited:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Four packages of MilkyWays (my favorite 🙂) , one large bag of a Hersheys/Twizzlers/Reeses/KitKat mix and a bag of skittles and gummy candies. I will probably still pick up some M&M’s. I get 100-130 kids on Halloween and I like to give them two pieces each and if it’s not too busy let them choose what they want. I also have a small number of Tootsie Pops. A few years ago I had a boy come to the door who only wanted suckers and started to cry when I said I had none. Since then I always have a few.
You are the good neighbor, giving the best candy. I feeł so sorry for the boy that just wanted suckers. His parents should have told him that not everyone gave out suckers.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Restless night last night. I fell asleep OK, but awakened in the middle of the night and then couldn't go back to sleep for a while. Rick got up with the girls and I slept until 9:00. I'm having my coffee now.
Bright and sunny today, after a weekend of blah.
  • Must pick up a prescription at Giant (we changed over to Giant for scripts)
  • A quick vacuum and swiffer
  • Wipe down kitchen and bathroom...nothing major

Status
Not open for further replies.