Name Three Things - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
There has been no change with Amber. She's still very lethargic and she has refused all food, broth, etc. She shows no interest at all. artiemom artiemom We had her in the Shed yesterday afternoon in the AC and she freaked out so badly, even with both of us with her, we had to take her back to the house. Once she was in the house, she went under the couch and that was all we saw of her the rest of the day. Got her out to give her her meds (the last appetite stimulant). She promptly threw it back up and went under the couch. Hoping the Theophylline gets here today and we'll start her on that.
  • Rushed out to the picnic table at 6:00 this morning to gather my onions. T-storm! YESH! :yess: We needed it badly.
  • Had my pre-surgery Covid test this morning. If they don't call me, I'm negative. So now I just have to wait to not get a phone call.
  • One load of laundry, basically towels.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Thank you C catapault She ate. We had pretty much given up on her and Rick was going to take her to the vet this afternoon instead of taking Mollipop (who is to go in for a check-up). Rick gave the girls breakfast this morning. He took a little less than a quarter can of Poultry Platter and mixed warm water in it. Took it in to her under the couch. She sniffed and ate the center of the dish, which is where the meat was. Then she turned away. Rick tapped her (she's deaf) on her butt and she moved. He put the plate next to her again and she ate a bit more. Still didn't finish her meal. But she ate. The most she's eaten in at least a week bc she had stopped eating even before he took her to the vet last week.

We had rain yesterday. Not a lot, but we'll take what we can get. A couple good t-storms.
Not sure when I'll be around tomorrow. Knee surgery. They'll call me today with a time I have to be there. Hope it's in the morning, but I'll take what I get. I just want to get it done and start walking again at some point....soon.
  • Two loads of laundry.
  • A good vacuum and swiffer
  • Clean kitchen and bathroom
  • Sweep out around the Deck and patio and put the rug back outside.
  • I have a peach crisp in the oven.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Trash day. It’s 9:00 am and I have been out getting the emptied yard waste barrel and refiling it will new leaf bundles. Back inside Lola is getting her first belly rub of the day which are expected at least once an hour. I have an Amazon delivery to wait for so odds and ends around the house, maybe sew my second sofa pillow cover, until it arrives. I am nearly out of coffee so Sams Club this afternoon.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
bbdoll22 bbdoll22 The stimulant was Entyce, 0.1 ml (premeasured) every 24 hours. And we gave it to her faithfully.

artiemom artiemom :redheartpump: Thank you. Just very simply.....thank you. You rock.

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester
Our vet gave my cat mirtazapine for an appetite stimulant and he walked like he was drunk and hid under my bed for 2 days, it’s a rare side effect though. I was thinking maybe that could have been Ambers hiding issue.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester you and I can compare our gimpy knees. The first couple of days are tough, but then it gets a little better and a little better and so on. Surely all will go well tomorrow, and I will be thinking of you.

Today we
went for my follow up visit to the surgeon - tomorrow is 2 weeks since the knee replacement surgery. He's pleased with how I am recovering. I can drive when I feel up to it. Since I rather like Himself chauffeuring me around it won't be right away.

Stopped at a friend's house on the way home to return the casserole dish from the Mexican lasagna she had made for us (and yes, gave me the recipe.) They're having a bathroom redone so Himself and I took a look. Very nice.

Home. Lunch. Himself had a sliced egg sandwich with tomato and lettuce on toasted bread - good thing I hard boiled eggs this morning before we set out to Pennsylvania to the surgeon's office.

After lunch off to the local family farm for blueberries and white peaches (they'd called before we went off this morning.) Once back I took a quart of blueberries, spread them on a jelly roll pan and put them in the freezer. Will bag up this evening.

And so has gone my day - and my aching knee.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a case of Covid in our building. We were notified last night. I am back to masking. They are really on top of things in here: they are holding a test clinic on Thursday. I think the heat wave, having people indoors is adding to the Covid cases. My city announced they re now in the Medium/Yellow Zone risk.. suggesting masking, especially or people who are immune compromised.

Today:
*Regular morning stuff... including morning meds for Geoffrey
*Chemo day for him.
* have to make at least one phone call, check on some paperwork
* today is my parents wedding anniversary. I am going to get more artificial flowers for the cemetery--fresh ones are a waste, in this weather.
* Maybe dust a bit--quickly with Swiffer duster. Yearly Inspection, Friday Morning. They are mostly interested in looking at condition of apartment. I am not worried. Just pick up clutter, which is not much.
*Pick up script
* I have to start reading again--- or work on my next newspaper article.
*Do not know what else..
They are having cheeseburgers on the outside grill tonight. I think I may get one...
Craving real ice cream. I had a scoop last night.. not enough. I feel as if I need more..

It is so nice and enjoyable to have the windows open. Yesterday, it was really warm in here during the day, but a breeze kicked in late afternoon. So enjoyable..

Did not sleep well last night--had a slight nagging headache--too lazy to get up for Tylenol. Perhaps lie down and ?cuddle with Geoffrey this afternoon.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I need to do some shopping this morning, batteries for the doorbell, some garage stuff. When I come back I will get a load or two of laundry done.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick and Mollipop came back from the vet on Tuesday night. Just a general check-up for Molli. I couldn't go because I couldn't be around people because of the knee surgery; I can't take a chance on getting Covid. Anyway, Rick was very indignant and quite angry. Molli was so bad they had to muzzle her. She nipped the vet, the vet tech, and she bit Rick. She hissed, she spit, she scratched. She was a terror. We think it was because I wasn't there with her. He said he has never had a cat misbehave so badly. Short of an emergency, he will never take Mollipop to the vet by himself again. Ever. (And to make matters worse, he told me about it and I almost peed my pants laughing. I was rolling on the couch. Rick was not amused.) Molli is fine, BTW. She needs a dental, but Rick wouldn't stick around long enough to schedule it. I'll take care of it and will call TED on Thursday.

I had meniscus surgery this morning. Home by around 10:00 or so. I am to take it easy for a couple of days and can drive by Saturday. So far? There is not much in the way of pain at all. Thankfully. It feels so much better than it did prior to the surgery. He told me to still be careful with Covid for a couple of days, but overall, he is very pleased. So am I. I start PT next week. I can take the bandages off on Saturday morning and grab a (quick) shower. I'm in bed, leg elevated, with ice. Reading. Rick doesn't want me to get out of bed at all, unless I absolutely have to. What am I supposed to do....pee my pants?! Sheesh!

So today will be spent lounging with books.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester OMgosh.. I think I would be laughing at Rick's description, also... Shush-- do not tell him that!!
I can relate: Artie was listed as a Vicious Cat, at both the internal med Vets office and at his regular office. He was a cuddling with me. I was really shocked when I discovered this! and I felt bad.

So glad the surgery went well. I am really surprised that you ae home. I guess they do NOT keep anyone in the hospital, anymore. Do you have crutches?
Rick is so funny. He really loves you.
❤
hate to ask, but how is Amber doing? 🙏😿

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Vicious Cat? Artie? OMGosh!

Amber is....Amber. She is eating more than she did. She comes out from under the couch at night, when the other girls come back to bed with me, and she stays with Rick. Using the litter box. She is alert. We started her on Theophylline last night....tuna-flavored. She wasn't amused and spittled it back up. She's upsetting the other girls, simply by coming back from the vet, it seems. If we bring her to the kitchen for meals, Molli and Tabby get all upset and won't eat. They just sit and stare at her. Brats. But we need to get her to hang out in the house more; she cannot live under the couch all the time. She's probably eating about a sixth of a can of Friskies, maybe more like an eighth? She does eat a couple Temptations and a couple pieces of dry kibble. But that's not even enough for her to live on. She refuses to eat more than twice a day, which I suppose is good that she's even eating that.

I went into the surgical center at 6:45 and I was home by 10:00. I walked out. No crutches. They want weight-bearing. I only had meniscus surgery, not a knee replacement. The prep took the longest. The surgery was 30 minutes and they woke me up about an hour later with fresh coffee. Yes, please! Rick came back to stay with me for about 15 minutes and then got the car. I wrote Thank You notes to both the nurses and such, and to my doctor. Rick mailed them out this morning. They were all such sweethearts. My doctor knows me because he had me for a couple things years ago. The nurse who was taking care of me knew that I was anxious about the anesthesia and she stayed with me. And yes, I know it's their jobs to take care of people. But I really appreciated them and wanted them to know that.

I don't have a table on my side of the bed, so Rick brought a kitchen chair in with a Friskies box on the seat, for Pepsi. Well, about 2 minutes later, he came back with an iced Pepsi and Muffin was in the box. Where she stayed all afternoon. Tabby spent the night in the box. Mollipop stayed with me all day yesterday and all night last night. Followed me to the bathroom twice during the night, back to bed. My baby. (I don't care what Rick says!)

My doctor called to see how I was doing. He wanted me to know that when he had had that cancellation, he immediately told his assistant to schedule me, so I didn't have to wait. He's an avid walker and he knows how I feel about being able to walk. I can start walking by the beginning of September....earlier, if I behave myself. Rick laughed at that. He knows me. I am achy this morning, but not overly so. I'll survive. Starting PT Tuesday morning; it's the earliest appt they had; otherwise, it would have been tomorrow (Friday).
  • I am hanging out in the Shed this afternoon with Chrysalis. I'll take my ice pack with me and put it in the freezer out there when I'm not using it. Elevate my leg. I think it's the only thing that will make Dear Richard happy.
And that will be my day! Well, maybe. My vanilla beans came in yesterday. If Rick can get me a bottle of Grey Goose and a bottle of Jack Daniels, I'm going to start my vanilla. If not, I can wait.

Last edited:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Quick trip to the grocery store to use some one day coupons. $8 savings on toilet paper was well worth it. Next on the list is to get some rowing done. I took a few days off because my arms were sore from the tree cleanup but need to get back to it. I will probably go to Home Depot this afternoon for a few things.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Busy day:
*Up early due to noise--good thing cuz got a phone call from a person in here.
*I was asked to do a couple of urgent errands for a neighbor. She spent 10 hours in the hospital yesterday, needed scripts filled and an important document sent overnight delivery.
*Called Vets secretary
*Did quick morning stuff--no vacuuming, just swept litter.
*dropped off scripts, did some errands-- got some stamps while at post office, then had eyeglasses adjusted, went to bakery for bakery pizza for supper. Picked up scripts.. and then home
*Went outside to learn how to play Corn Hole-- a new game in here. There were just 2 of us.. We had a couple of guys show us .. one was a worker, and another a tenant. It was just Claudette and me.. Later, the gym guy came out. He was supposed to teach us. He went over the rules, showed us how to play. He is starting a league. I signed up for it. We will see.
*The staff was playing bocce during lunchtime. I have watched and helped them with it. I really enjoy it. They are a good group.
*Then a quick appointment in here.
*Covid Test after that.
*Gave Geoffrey some laxatone. He is hiding now.. hot in here.. put AC on. Will close bedroom window soon-Hate to do that.
* taking a break now-- ate a couple of slices of pizza--very early supper.
* at 6pm there is a lecture about Revere Beach's history. A guy from the historical museum is coming in to speak. I really want to attend. He helped me a lot with my newspaper article.

That is enough for today.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Vicious Cat? Artie? OMGosh!

Amber is....Amber. She is eating more than she did. She comes out from under the couch at night, when the other girls come back to bed with me, and she stays with Rick. Using the litter box. She is alert. We started her on Theophylline last night....tuna-flavored. She wasn't amused and spittled it back up. She's upsetting the other girls, simply by coming back from the vet, it seems. If we bring her to the kitchen for meals, Molli and Tabby get all upset and won't eat. They just sit and stare at her. Brats. But we need to get her to hang out in the house more; she cannot live under the couch all the time. She's probably eating about a sixth of a can of Friskies, maybe more like an eighth? She does eat a couple Temptations and a couple pieces of dry kibble. But that's not even enough for her to live on. She refuses to eat more than twice a day, which I suppose is good that she's even eating that.

I went into the surgical center at 6:45 and I was home by 10:00. I walked out. No crutches. They want weight-bearing. I only had meniscus surgery, not a knee replacement. The prep took the longest. The surgery was 30 minutes and they woke me up about an hour later with fresh coffee. Yes, please! Rick came back to stay with me for about 15 minutes and then got the car. I wrote Thank You notes to both the nurses and such, and to my doctor. Rick mailed them out this morning. They were all such sweethearts. My doctor knows me because he had me for a couple things years ago. The nurse who was taking care of me knew that I was anxious about the anesthesia and she stayed with me. And yes, I know it's their jobs to take care of people. But I really appreciated them and wanted them to know that.

I don't have a table on my side of the bed, so Rick brought a kitchen chair in with a Friskies box on the seat, for Pepsi. Well, about 2 minutes later, he came back with an iced Pepsi and Muffin was in the box. Where she stayed all afternoon. Tabby spent the night in the box. Mollipop stayed with me all day yesterday and all night last night. Followed me to the bathroom twice during the night, back to bed. My baby. (I don't care what Rick says!)

My doctor called to see how I was doing. He wanted me to know that when he had had that cancellation, he immediately told his assistant to schedule me, so I didn't have to wait. He's an avid walker and he knows how I feel about being able to walk. I can start walking by the beginning of September....earlier, if I behave myself. Rick laughed at that. He knows me. I am achy this morning, but not overly so. I'll survive. Starting PT Tuesday morning; it's the earliest appt they had; otherwise, it would have been tomorrow (Friday).
  • I am hanging out in the Shed this afternoon with Chrysalis. I'll take my ice pack with me and put it in the freezer out there when I'm not using it. Elevate my leg. I think it's the only thing that will make Dear Richard happy.
And that will be my day! Well, maybe. My vanilla beans came in yesterday. If Rick can get me a bottle of Grey Goose and a bottle of Jack Daniels, I'm going to start my vanilla. If not, I can wait.
I guess Artie was a complete terror at the Vets!! He bit one tech!! I was so embarrassed! He had to be muzzled in that office.

You are amazing. I really mean it. You and C catapault amaze me.. I only hope to grow up to be like you 2 women.

(((((((Amber))))))))

Status
Not open for further replies.