Name Three Things - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to change my Amazon password. I keep getting Phishing scams, and I know it is from them.
My FB password is not very old; yet, I was told that it was in a data breech. I changed that yesterday.
I hate these hackers.. I really do..They make life so miserable for us.
I spent at least an hour today setting alerts on all of by banking accounts. The bank shall go unnamed but they had the WORST system for setting up the alerts that I have ever experienced. It booted me out three times and once I finally got to the right spot, each alert screen, and I had maybe fifteen I entered, took forever to load, so long that I would start opening the screen and then go clean for a while until it finally opened. Anyway, my office is really really clean and I will get messaged for anything out of the ordinary on each of my accounts.

But I am concerned, especially about Amazon since that was the last use before the fraudulent transaction and Twitch just happens to be a sister company to them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Why can't people work for a living instead of trying to screw people out of their money? It just p!sses me off to no end.
As soon as I got Netflix, I got an email that someone was trying to log on. And they succeeded. I changed the password and, sure enough, there they were again. I changed the PW again to something so ridiculously long and stupid. And that did it. But seriously? Never had any trouble with the other ones, but Netflix was a real PITB. And I just went in and changed my password to both FB and to Amazon. Thanks for the heads-up artiemom artiemom .

Rick went down to see Miss Amber yesterday. She was back to her old feisty self and yelling to break out. And she kitty-cussed her Dad up and down because he wouldn't take her home. She has to stay at TED's until they hear back about the meds we can use for her heart. They can then try the meds to make sure they'll be OK before she comes home. I didn't go with him because my ortho-weenie (HA! LTS3 LTS3 :lol: ) suggests that I stay away from people until my knee surgery. COVID

Got the all-clear from the eye doctor and my prescription for glasses. He was very pleased with how my eyes are doing. After the knee thing, I'll go back and choose glasses. I go back in December for a final check-up to see how the implants are.
  • I really need to work on beets today. Honestly, yesterday was just hot and miserable and I couldn't deal with them.
And I really think that will be pretty much it. Til I'm done cleaning, peeling and chunking them up, throwing them in the freezer for an hour or two on cookie sheets, then bagging them up with the FoodSaver, that will take the afternoon. I'll probably end up out on the Deck with a Smirnoff Ice.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Tree trimmer guy came this afternoon and took down all of the broken branches from my Linden tree. It’s looking pretty lopsided but hopefully over time it will start looking better. We are supposed to have heavy storms tomorrow night so I am going to try to get as much as I can to the yard waste site tomorrow.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Amber is home, but we're worried. Rick brought her home last night and all she did was pace the floor. She wouldn't eat any cat food, but did eat 6 Temptations treats. She's sleeping in the weirdest places, places she would have never thought about sleeping in. Evidently her feistiness at the vet was simply because she wanted to come home.This morning, she refused breakfast for me, but she ate about 1/6 of a can of Fancy Feast mixed with turkey broth for Rick. We have different kinds of Fancy Feast, several kinds of meat baby food puree. I had made some turkey broth on Monday with my turkey breast carcass and froze that in portions. I took a container with about a cup of broth out of the freezer to warm up with her food. We're trying. We don't have a lot of hope. I thought that, with the appetite stimulant she's on, that would help her, but nothing so far. The company contacted me via email about the Theophylline in liquid form, so we can order it now. (Banshee was taking Theophylline, so we're quite familiar with it.)

Rick and our neighbor are filling up his trailer with branches to take down to the township center. His chainsaw is heavier than ours, so they took a tree stump down to about 3 feet. We're going to put a bird bath on the rest of the stump. I offered him some red beets and he said, "Not while I'm still breathing!". OK then! I don't know what it is about red beets.
  • Finish up the red beets today. Work on a few more onions. (My knee is starting to rebel with all the walking I'm doing at the garden. It's really aching, esp when I first get out of bed in the morning. This morning was really bad.)
  • Work on a couple loads of laundry
  • I'm spending time in the pool late afternoon. Eye doctor said I could start hanging out in the pool as long as I keep my eyes shut under water. All I've done this year is put my feet in the water. No fun in that.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh. Poor Amber. And Rick.
I have no suggestions at all. You know your kitties, and what to do.

Do you think it is too warm for her? Will Giotto the shed help ?

((((hugs)))

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The weenie did a good job with the new faucet and garbage disposal :clap: I can use my kitchen sink again :yess:

Winchester Winchester would swim goggles protect your eyes?

Already did my rounds at work. Stopped by the supermarket for a few things. There's a locally made ice cream on sale which I bought but only saw that it contains corn syrup and gums and junk when I got home :ohwell: When I see "locally made" I expect handmade natural ice cream without junk:bat: I'll give it a try at least. I have laundry going at the moment.

artiemom artiemom are you going to go the sand sculpting festival?

Last edited:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Severe storms are hitting us earlier than they projected yesterday so no time to get anything to the yard waste. Instead I was out at 8:00 am cutting up and bundling branches so they don’t fly in the neighbors yard. I have to take frequent breaks because it is terribly humid. But I am close to done and can squeeze in a much needed shower before the storms hit.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
The weenie did a good job with the new faucet and garbage disposal :clap: I can use my kitchen sink again :yess:

Winchester Winchester would swim goggles protect your eyes?

Already did my rounds at work. Stopped by the supermarket for a few things. There's a locally made ice cream on sale which I bought but only saw that it contains corn syrup and gums and junk when I got home :ohwell: When I see "locally made" I expect handmade natural ice cream without junk:bat: I'll give it a try at least. I have laundry going at the moment.

artiemom artiemom are you going to go the sand sculpting festival?
No, I am not going to the festival. I live towards the other end of the beach. It is too hot and far for me to walk down there. All the access roads are blocked. No parking in the area. I will see if I can check them out during the week. As it is, the main road to the beach closed at 5am this morning, reopening at 11pm tonight. So we are kind of locked in.
To travel, have to go through Lynn.

That half of the beach was closed down yesterday afternoon and will be until at least

I can go onto one of the balconies to watch the fireworks, tonight. Or I can walk across the street, to sit on the beach wall.

The 9th floor balcony is a good viewing point. Can see to Winthrop and Deer Island.

I have been to many of them, before it was so publicized. I expect many people to be treated for heat exhaustion or heat stroke.
90 degrees at 11:45AM. 🥵🥵🥵🔥🔥🔥🔥

Last edited:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I learned a bit more about my credit card fraud today. Seems that the credit card that was used was one I had that was replaced with a new card and card number a year ago as I transferred to a different reward program at the same bank. But the bank put it through even though the card was no longer valid. Makes no sense to me why they would do that and still don’t know how someone came across the card info when I know I destroyed it.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I learned a bit more about my credit card fraud today. Seems that the credit card that was used was one I had that was replaced with a new card and card number a year ago as I transferred to a different reward program at the same bank. But the bank put it through even though the card was no longer valid. Makes no sense to me why they would do that and still don’t know how someone came across the card info when I know I destroyed it.
Hopefully your Bank will straighten out the matter so you need not to be further stressed.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
susanm9006 susanm9006 So if this is an expired card, you shouldn't be held liable for anything. Right? It seems to me that your bank is at fault for not checking.
artiemom artiemom Sounds like the festival would be interesting to attend, if it wasn't for the heat. I always like watching fireworks. But you're right; there are going to be people who need medical attention. How will G react to the fireworks?
LTS3 LTS3 Yeah, I could use goggles. I was in the pool yesterday, simply to cool down just a little bit. I just didn't dunk my head at all.

There's been no change with Amber, other than she's really lethargic. Still not eating. I've seen her drink water, but that's it. She doesn't even try to fight us with the meds and that is not the Miss Amber we know. Rick will call the vet tomorrow/Monday and he'll probably end up taking her back down to hospital. I think she's made up her mind and she's done. And she just wants to be left alone. She doesn't even get on Rick's lap and spend evenings with him. That's not normal either. She's either under the sofa or down by the basement door.

I did more red beets and onions yesterday. The remaining onions will be stored to use as needed. The beets are almost finished. Rick is working in the garden now and watering.
  • Quick vacuum and swiffer. Too hot to do much of anything.
  • Pick up walnuts. They're dropping, largely due to the lack of water. I doubt they're any good.
  • Water the plants by the Shed tonight

Last edited:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, Winchester Winchester , it is fraud and I never signed up or even heard of this Twitch so they will reverse it. I caught it pretty early on so is only under $10 in total.

So far I have spent about five hours sawing down and bundling the tree branches. Most are piled near the garage and will go in my yard waste barrel every week. But all the larger, heavier logs need to be taken to the yard waste site which I hope to get done in one load today. My HRV is a small car but with fold down seats it can really hold a lot.

Once the hauling is done I need to get groceries. T-bone steaks are $10 a pound this week and right now I am totally out in the freezer so I will buy a few and cut them down into smaller portions before freezing.

Last edited:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester .. Again, sorry this is happening to Amber.. Boy, you guys have had some really bad luck, lately...
The SandSculptures are 2 miles from where I live. It would have meant a 4 mile round trip, walk. Really too much for my old body; especially in this heat.

By the time the fireworks were happening; I was stretched out, on sofa bed, in front of the AC, with Geoffrey cuddling next to me. I was too lazy to put day clothes on, and go up to the balcony. I was content for the night.

The fire works did not affect Geoffrey much. Just at the finale, and I do not even know if there were any around my building. It did sound loud, and next door. Geoffrey did get a bit anxious and almost ready to run; but I stayed calm, did not move or flinch. He trusted me. He stayed right next to me, cuddling... sweet boy..

The Festival was a bunch of food trucks, some rides, lots of free samples, music.. In years past, they had antique cars--those were cool to see. I have been to about 6-7 of them, in the past. The sand sculptures are pretty avant grade for my taste. But the artist do a ton of work and are extremely creative.

Today:
*up early for Church
* medicated Geoffrey
* stripped sheets from sofa bed, and rotated mattress. It is a thin memory foam, with a thin gel center.. so a bit more comfortable. Need to put new sheets on it.
* Need to finish morning stuff
* clean out litter genie; go through refrigerator; and get to trash room.

I really should start looking into an article for the next newspaper. And I think I need to lie down today and take a nap.
Went to church early this morning. Their new AC system went on the fritz!! No AC... OMG... I was ready to leave, and watch it on TV at home.

* Went to Deli-- last minute decision. I got some of their seafood salad, some chicken salad--with cranberries and walnuts, a package of small French rolls, and some cut up watermelon. Supper for a few days. I am tired of the building's food.
I so wish they would make the food plan, optional.. or pay as you go. The latter would be the best option.

I was so hot when I came in, I made myself a green tea lemonade---just like Starbucks.. This is when I usually have my 2nd cup of coffee, but not today.. even iced coffee does not sound appetizing..

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday I circumnavigated outside the house, turning on a hose to water the nearby pots then next hose to water those pots. Turn water off and coil hose before moving on to next one. Then Himself turned on third hose so I could water the last pots. I did manage to turn the water off and coil hose, holding on to pallet and large concrete pots as I very carefully traversed uneven ground.

Also yesterday Himself brought heavy KitchenAid stand mixer out of cupboard so I could prepare chocolate chip cookie dough. Portioned out dough then put 1/2 batch / 9 cookies into freezer, other half in refrigerator.

May have been too much "doing" because I did not sleep at all well last night - leg was quite sore even though I took one acetaminophen at bedtime and another sometime in the wee hours.

This morning I
1) Unloaded the dishwasher.
2) Baked one tray of cookies.
3) Got a call from the local family orchard. We'll go there in an hour or so to get a couple of quarts of donut peaches and some yellow peaches. They have very few peaches this year because of the frosts just as the flower buds were opening and showing pink. And their peaches are so very, excellently, good.
4) Need to water the few plants still in the greenhouse. The weather is brutal. It's hot - yesterday got to 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit and I think today will be even hotter. And it is so dry that even weeds are wilting.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday I circumnavigated outside the house, turning on a hose to water the nearby pots then next hose to water those pots. Turn water off and coil hose before moving on to next one. Then Himself turned on third hose so I could water the last pots. I did manage to turn the water off and coil hose, holding on to pallet and large concrete pots as I very carefully traversed uneven ground.

Also yesterday Himself brought heavy KitchenAid stand mixer out of cupboard so I could prepare chocolate chip cookie dough. Portioned out dough then put 1/2 batch / 9 cookies into freezer, other half in refrigerator.

May have been too much "doing" because I did not sleep at all well last night - leg was quite sore even though I took one acetaminophen at bedtime and another sometime in the wee hours.

This morning I
1) Unloaded the dishwasher.
2) Baked one tray of cookies.
3) Got a call from the local family orchard. We'll go there in an hour or so to get a couple of quarts of donut peaches and some yellow peaches. They have very few peaches this year because of the frosts just as the flower buds were opening and showing pink. And their peaches are so very, excellently, good.
4) Need to water the few plants still in the greenhouse. The weather is brutal. It's hot - yesterday got to 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit and I think today will be even hotter. And it is so dry that even weeds are wilting.
I think you are doing amazing C catapault !

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday after loading and hauling my branches and getting groceries, I was just wiped out for the rest of the day. Slept well and woke up feeling pretty good but I am still going to take it easy today. I have a tiny patch of lawn to be mowed and all of the steak I bought yesterday to cut up and that’s it.

Status
Not open for further replies.