Name Three Things - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well... my first task after feeding the cats was to run one more bag of trash to the curb before my trash service got here but they came at 7am! First pick up with the new service and I had no idea they were so prompt. Other one wouldn't come until late afternoon.

So... I guess my day will go like this:
Feed cats
Clean bathrooms
Strip and remake beds
Dust and vacuum my bedroom
Dust and vacuum living room
Crosswave kitchen floor
Wash bedding and towels
Enjoy a Slurpee as my reward
Pick up dinner

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bring the bird feeders in every night. Usually after dark. Tonight it was about 10:30 p.m. Should have done it sooner.

I think there was a bear.

The two metal shepherd crook poles from which the feeders hang are bent over to the ground. The thistle feeder top and base are off, the top and U-hanger of the peanut feeder are missing. The U-hanger of the mixed seed feeder is crunched and the feeder was mashed into the ground. Turf is so wedged around the metal that covers one of the the openings that I cannot easily remove it.

Mind you, this is maybe 10 feet from the house itself, even less from the steps outside the kitchen door.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Holy crap C catapault !
artiemom artiemom We don't provide food, but they need water right now. I don't know if they're drinking it, but it's there. The bunnies are still alive, so mama must be coming in to them. And the fawns are gone; their mama must have come by and gotten them again. I was scared over the 4th fireworks that they'd spook, but they hung around.

Got my mulching finished (much to the chagrin of my leg and back). Looks good. Rick planted one of the ninebark shrubs, replanted a peony bush, and clipped a lilac bush to prepare for digging it out. That's a chore and a half. (He never did prune the weigelas.)
  • Made a bit of potato salad and a blueberry buckle
  • Put new audiobooks on the Kindle
  • One load of laundry in the washer
  • Finish the grocery list for tomorrow's grocery run

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well... my first task after feeding the cats was to run one more bag of trash to the curb before my trash service got here but they came at 7am! First pick up with the new service and I had no idea they were so prompt. Other one wouldn't come until late afternoon.

So... I guess my day will go like this:
Feed cats
Clean bathrooms
Strip and remake beds
Dust and vacuum my bedroom
Dust and vacuum living room
Crosswave kitchen floor
Wash bedding and towels
Enjoy a Slurpee as my reward
Pick up dinner
Ended up getting sidetracked yesterday so I need to finish up my list as well as add a few more.

Vacuum the living room and bedrooms
Crosswave the kitchen floor
Sweep up ceiling cobwebs
Wipe down baseboards
Wipe down ceiling fans

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
*Up for Mass
*talked to some people after mass
*a couple of quick errands
* emptied, washed litter genie, emptied both hand held vacuum and regular vacuum
*Vacuumed
*trash room
*Gave Geoffrey his steroid; Laxatone is on the table waiting.. He runs away from me. I swear he reads my mind!
*sipping iced coffee right now.

I was supposed to knock on my neighbors door an hour ago, because she wants to learn how to play bocce. She does not speak English! She is Russian, with very limited English .. I am going to tell her to watch us on Tuesday.. It will be a better understanding of it..I was coerced into doing this.. I need to learn to say NO!

All I want to do today is relax--go outside, in the quiet courtyard, and read... I do have to clean Keurig machine and install a new Brita Filter, plus wash out container.

Lost my credit card, for the second time within 2 weeks!! OMG... The bank is going to think I am a dingbat... during a process at the same store---groceries. I thought I put it in my wallet.. cannot find it! took everything apart in the bag!!
dam

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ended up getting sidetracked yesterday so I need to finish up my list as well as add a few more.

Vacuum the living room and bedrooms
Crosswave the kitchen floor
Sweep up ceiling cobwebs
Wipe down baseboards
Wipe down ceiling fans
Got all this done plus:

two loads of laundry
Swept the cobwebs from porch
Swept the basement steps to get rid of cat hair/litter

I am sweaty and exhausted... and I still have to cook dinner. But once kitchen is cleaned after dinner, I am off to the shower and into my pajamas.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Dear Richard got up yesterday and shooed me out of the living room. Went to the basement and came back up with the steam cleaner. He moved the couch and then vacuumed that part of the floor, vacuumed and cleaned the couch, and then went to town with the steam cleaner. Looks good! He suggested that we get rid of the couch and matching chair and start looking for three chairs, two recliners and a glider rocker like he has in the WeShed. And we'd no longer have a couch. He really likes the glider with the ottoman out there. And our living room furniture is ancient, way over 20 years old. It has seen many, many cats, been peed on (thanks, Amber!), been puked on (thanks everybody!), all that cat stuff. Molli and Tabby have scratched the heck out of it; we keep it covered as much as possible. But time to go. I always said that I'd never buy new furniture until we no longer have cats, but well, that's not going to happen. I'm going to start looking for chairs.

So while he was doing that, I threw together a blueberry buckle and then made an onion and cheese foccacia to go with dinner. Worked outside for a while, vacuuming the pool. I should be able to start using the pool again around the end of July. Eye doctor doesn't want me in the pool until then.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am enjoying my coffee.
  • When Rick drags his butt out of bed, we're going on a grocery run, followed by a Smirnoff Ice run, and then a trip to the butcher shop. That will take pretty much all morning.
  • I have a load of kitty stuff in the washer now.
  • He will be spending the afternoon digging out an old lilac bush at the end of the house. While he's doing that, I'll going to transfer some ferns from the area at the driveway over to behind the WeShed. I think I can get them dug out and replanted without killing my leg and my back in the process. We have some peonies in that driveway area, too, and the ferns are starting to strangle them out. They need to be transplanted, too. Somewhere.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tomorrow is the Big Day, when I get a complete replacement of my left knee. so today is going to be busy.

I'm washing a load of whites and darks so as much laundry is clean / dry / put away as can be managed..
Ran the dishwasher last night, unloaded it this morning.
Will make up the bed in my study downstairs, just in case I cannot gimp my way upstairs.
Go to the local IGA to get lunch meat etc.
After I get home will switch my handicap parking pass to Himself's car.
Already have the 2 wheel walker we're told to bring to the hospital in his car. 4-wheel walker is upstairs, ready for use.
Make tuna and macaroni salad for a next meal. Coleslaw too.
Water outdoor potted plants. This dry, hot weather is stressing them.
Cut my toenails yesterday because who knows when I can get to them again. Ditto washed my (long) hair.

Not so much afraid as apprehensive and trying to be prepared.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
C catapault I wish you well tomorrow. :hugs:

That lilac bush that Rick's working on is a real bugger. Those roots are deep with suckers everywhere. He got most of it out yesterday, but still has to get the main root out today. That will be his project this afternoon. He's down a foot into the ground and it's just dust. Nothing is damp. We are that dry. At this point, we need a hurricane to come in. We keep watering the garden; he has soaker hoses all over the garden area. I keep watering my plants. But we really need a soaking rain. It's pretty serious.
  • I have my appt with the ortho weenie. He'll tell me if I do need surgery and (hopefully) when that surgery will be. I want to get it done, get it over with, and get onto healing (and walking!).
  • A quick vacuum throughout the bedrooms and bathroom. A swiffer in the living room. I'd lie to rip through the kitchen and bathroom with a cleaning.
  • Trash night tonight.
Chrysalis (the sixth Jeremy Logan book by Lincoln Child) should be here today. I have five ebooks on my iPad, but they can wait!

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Work
Make out grocery list and set up a pickup for tomorrow
Do 1-2 loads of laundry
Reorder some Glamorous Wash in the scent Diva so my bedding and towels will smell nice when I wash them on Saturday.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
From here, too! Thinking of you!

My ortho weenie definitely recommends surgery. Early to mid August; they'll call me with a surgery date. That's OK. I just want to get this done and start healing. (And walking again!) He said it's worse than the other knee was and there's a wee bit of arthritis as well. But he says I'll be fine. The worst part is not being able to take OTC meds for pain. I haven't decided what I'm going to do about that. Narcotics scare me.

Rick got the lilac out of the ground last night. The root ball was huge. He still has another one to tackle, but I think he's going to wait a couple days. What's really bad is that he was over a foot into the ground and it's dry as dust. We need rain.
  • I have a peach cobbler in the oven. We're getting close to peach season and I want to get the few bags of peaches left in the freezer used up.
  • Need to call for a hair appt for a good trim.
  • Work outside tonight
Chrysalis came yesterday, but I think I'm going to save it for after my meniscus surgery. If I can! I picked it up several times yesterday and leafed through it. It was our first time with the Amazon van....or as I call it, the Smiley van. We've seen them in the area, but never had one actually come here. We usually have UPS.

I pre-ordered The Cabinet of Dr. Lenig - Preston/Child. Coming in January. It's the new Pendergast.

Last edited:

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At hospital at 5:45 a.m. yesterday. Back home at 12:45 p.m. Had one oxyxodone at hospital but knee so painful when we got home - from sitting in the car for an hour, I think - that I took another one. Knee is very sore. Did get upstairs last night, and back down this morning. It's going to be a long slow recovery I expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.