Name Three Things - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
You know, susanm9006 susanm9006 I like the idea of putting another bird bath on it, but then planting flowers in the bird bath, and then letting the plants creep. I also like the gazing ball, too. Nice stand!
  • My turn to get up with the girls this morning. Did the whole breakfast thing, emptied the dishwasher, and went back to bed until 8:00 or so.
  • Earlier this year the contractor told us that he would be able to put new siding on our house in July or August. We took a good look at our shutters and we could use new ones. So we spent the morning checking out home improvement stores (both big box and otherwise) looking at shutters. I think we've decided on where we're getting them. We need eight because we're not going to do the back windows. Going back tomorrow to buy them.
  • Got two scoops of mulch. It's raining now, so no mulching.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i did the treadmill, spent some time on a jigsaw puzzle while chatting with a friend, had a grocery order delivered, did some organizing of (little) things in my apartment, washed the dishes, vacuumed, scooped the litter boxes, trash and recycling taken out.

now on the internet, and will continue with the jigsaw puzzle.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Going down again this morning to pick up the shutters. While we were there yesterday, I saw some nice planters for the front stoop. I think I'm going to get them, too. I think they'd look nice with fountain grass.
  • I need to do some laundry, maybe just one load. A good vacuum, swiffer, etc., while Rick is mowing the lawn this afternoon.
  • Hit the WeDeck to bring everything back out. I had taken a lot of the plants and the rug into the Shed on Monday as we were to get "nasty" storms. That amounted to about ten minutes of spritz. *sigh*

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I just finished an hour and fifteen minute lawn mow. I can usually get it done in an hour but humidity was 83% so I had to slow way down and stop for a water break. I think this may be the last year I do it myself. When I was working I paid to have it done and I think it’s about time to go back to that.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
The riding mower was in the shop for the last almost three weeks, so our lawn looked a mess. I didn't do it! Although he tried to blame it on me....turns out it was a bad belt, which kept it under the warranty. I now refuse to even touch said mower, so Rick has mower duty until....well, forever. Said mower came back yesterday and he spent the afternoon mowing the lawn, while I worked in the house. I spent last evening deadheading flowers in the front yard.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am enjoying my coffee
  • After Rick gets out of bed, I'll change the sheets and wash the old ones
  • Make a couple dough balls for pizza
I think (I hope) this afternoon will be attack-the-weigela day. It's pretty much done blooming, so it's time to prune. Followed by pruning the holly bushes; they're taller than I am.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You must have a huge lawn Winchester Winchester If my dad could, he'd get a ride on mower too but mom won't let him because they barely have any lawn. A manual reel lawn mower is plenty but dad insists on having a gas powered souped up regular lawn mower to push around in a 4 foot square for an hour :rolleyes: (yes, that's how long it takes him to do the actual mowing).

Some WFH stuff to do soon. Then I have to track down the property manager who is supposed to be on site. He hasn't responded to my request to have the elevator padded for Saturday so the new fridge and the old one doesn't damage anything. I think the maintenance guy might be on vacation this week. He didn't respond to my text either. Contact LG to get confirmation on if the new fridge comes with the water tube that connects the fridge to the vale in the wall. If not, can a universal water tube be used or do I need a LG specific part. Home Depot was not helpful.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Another hot and sticky day. I ran a couple errands and did a tour of the thrift store before coming back and doing some garage work, filling the cracks will sealing caulk. I have been thinking about doing some purging in the basement but we will see if I get to it.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
*regular morning stuff
*Medicate G periodically during day
*A few errands
*watched, cheered staff on during their bocce games
*practiced bocce with a guy in here
* Asked Maintence for some help with a cabinet
* supper
* Dishes
* nothing else. I am exhausted. I hope I can get to bed early tonight.. or have a good long nap on recliner.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday:
Work
Pick up grocery order
Quick clean of kitchen (men folk in the house don't know that dirty dishes go in dishwasher, not sink :rolleyes: )
Collect trash and take to curb
Clean litter boxes

Today:
Work
Buy new car
Pick up dinner

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
LTS3 LTS3 We have a little over 1-1/3 acres. I used to be able to mow it by push mower. There's no way now. Well, maybe, but not all in one day. The guy who owns the property behind us push mows his property; no house, just some trees and a shed. That's 1.80 acres. Til he's done with the last of it, he has to start over. But I will say he does a good job and keeps after it. He had told Rick last year that he was getting a riding mower this spring, but, so far, he hasn't.
klunick klunick New car? Nice! Congrats! BTW, Rick does the same thing with his dirty dishes.

I spent yesterday afternoon mulching around the WeShed. We only got one scoop, but I'm going to need another one. It's made a big difference in the hydrangeas. This morning, I went out while my coffee was dripping and they are lovely. I've been watering them like crazy, almost every day due to the lack of rain, but, hopefully I can take a break. Rick is moving daffodils from areas in the yard that we no longer want them and taking them over by the WeShed. We need to move more Hosta over, too. And I'm looking for Christmas rose plants, but can't find them. Heck, I can't even find a spider plant for the bathroom! Years ago, spider plants were all over the place. I'm going to try ferns for the area in back of the Shed as that gets a lot of morning sun, but then sits in shade the rest of the time. And because of the swale that Rick created back there, it's fairly moist.

• Rick is picking up the Kindle this morning. When he returns home, we're going for another soaker hose for the garden. Target has scripts for me, so I need to get them.
  • Move 3 Hosta plants, then finish that scoop of mulch
  • Work on a grocery list. Usually, by the end of our grocery month, the fridge is getting bare!

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LTS3 LTS3 We have a little over 1-1/3 acres. I used to be able to mow it by push mower. There's no way now. Well, maybe, but not all in one day. The guy who owns the property behind us push mows his property; no house, just some trees and a shed. That's 1.80 acres. Til he's done with the last of it, he has to start over. But I will say he does a good job and keeps after it. He had told Rick last year that he was getting a riding mower this spring, but, so far, he hasn't.
klunick klunick New car? Nice! Congrats! BTW, Rick does the same thing with his dirty dishes.

I spent yesterday afternoon mulching around the WeShed. We only got one scoop, but I'm going to need another one. It's made a big difference in the hydrangeas. This morning, I went out while my coffee was dripping and they are lovely. I've been watering them like crazy, almost every day due to the lack of rain, but, hopefully I can take a break. Rick is moving daffodils from areas in the yard that we no longer want them and taking them over by the WeShed. We need to move more Hosta over, too. And I'm looking for Christmas rose plants, but can't find them. Heck, I can't even find a spider plant for the bathroom! Years ago, spider plants were all over the place. I'm going to try ferns for the area in back of the Shed as that gets a lot of morning sun, but then sits in shade the rest of the time. And because of the swale that Rick created back there, it's fairly moist.

• Rick is picking up the Kindle this morning. When he returns home, we're going for another soaker hose for the garden. Target has scripts for me, so I need to get them.
  • Move 3 Hosta plants, then finish that scoop of mulch
  • Work on a grocery list. Usually, by the end of our grocery month, the fridge is getting bare!
Must be a "male" thing. I live with three of them and they all do it unless I catch them in the act and give them the stink eye.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dishes in the sink might be better. Dishes into the dishwasher never get quite the placement I prefer. Is the fact that they get into the dishwasher at all good enough?

Yesterday I bought two pair of very loose fitting paints (navy blue, linen & rayon, pull on) at Costco. Too long but I think turning up the cuffs and stitching will do it. They've been given a quick wash this morning, need to line dry. Yet another pre-surgery prep.

Since it isn't raining yet (though I have hope) I need to water pots.

Found plastic food containers at Walmart yesterday that are divided into larger / smaller compartments. Running them through the dishwasher on upper level. Should be good for freezing meals. Another pre-surgery prep.

Neighbors are having a neighborhood barbecue the Saturday after my mid-week knee replacement. Dubious about how mobile I will be three days after. But will ask at physical therapy (which begins the day after surgery) and also see how I feel the morning of the event.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Up early waiting on a plumber call. They are coming out today to take a look at my basement plumbing and help me figure out what things on my basement plumbing wish list could be done for a reasonable price.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday:
Work
Pick up grocery order
Quick clean of kitchen (men folk in the house don't know that dirty dishes go in dishwasher, not sink :rolleyes: )
Collect trash and take to curb
Clean litter boxes

Today:
Work
Buy new car
Pick up dinner
My son had that problem as a teen. It was only when I started stacking the sink dishes in his room that he realized the dishwasher was a better place to put them .

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My son had that problem as a teen. It was only when I started stacking the sink dishes in his room that he realized the dishwasher was a better place to put them .
Eh... it's not that big of a deal really. Just makes me scratch my head the logic behind not taking the next step to put it in the dishwasher. Usually it's just a glass and/or bowl in the sink at any given time. Never a huge pile of stuff.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Didn't get the mulch finished yesterday; it was too hot and sticky, even under the trees. As I'm getting older, I'm noticing that the heat is bothering me way too much. Didn't used to be that way.

When Rick got that scoop of mulch, he told me about some Ninebark Summer Wine shrubs that he saw at the nursery. He thought they were really pretty. So while we were out and about yesterday, I drove to the nursery to check them out. And he now has two ninebark shrubs to plant. He really liked them and, when I know he likes something, I like to get them for him.
  • Up with the girls, did the breakfast thing, emptied the dishwasher, and am enjoying my coffee. I'll scoop in a bit.
  • Finish spreading the mulch, if Rick can finish moving some Hosta around for me. With my leg, there's no way I can dig a Hosta plant out of the ground. And then just do some general work outside; there's always deadheading to do (esp in the area out front that I refuse to go into....snake! I've seen it several times. Yeah, it's just a garden snake, but nope, nope, nope. The thing is long.)
  • Work in the garden for a while. Always weeding to be done. We have a nest of (maybe) six baby bunnies in my red beet bed. I am not amused, but I'm not going to move them. I don't know how the mama is going to get them out of the raised bed, once they can leave. And I don't want them munching on my red beets. We also have two fawns now that mama is leaving in our yard. We had one about a month or so ago; mama would check on it at dusk. It was here for about three days before mama and baby decided to leave. Now these two. Oy! We're so careful not to spook them; they hunkered down when he mowed the other day and he was careful to stay far away from them with the mower. Between bunnies and deer, our poor garden doesn't stand a chance, even with a fence. And we can't put repellent there because we want mama bunny to take care of her kids. I put a big tub of water up there and change the water a couple times a day. Do they drink it? Heck, I don't know. I doubt it. But it's there if anything needs it.

Status
Not open for further replies.