My Sweet Boy Burt

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
di and bob di and bob I felt absolutely awful when I saw that I had missed your thread and the sad news about your beloved Burt. Unfortunately I don't read 'Crossing the Bridge' very often. It's just so painful for me even though I need to frequent this section more often to help lend my support. Please accept my heartfelt sympathies and sincere condolences on the loss of your sweet boy.:hugs:

I can appreciate how much you think of him and wish you had one more day to hold him tight. They not only become a part of our family but part of our being. Cats are so intuitive and share a unique bond with us. Burt will be forever loved and cherished. RIP dear angel. :angel:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't feel awful, I understand your reasons. It seems self punishing somehow to come to this site, I know it brings up feelings we have so carefully tried to lock away. Btu I also know how much it means to the people who come here. As I appreciate your post and want you to know it means a lot to me. I cherish the seventeen years I shared my life with that sweet boy. Burt was a mommy's boy and always will be, I hold a special place in my heart for that

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
di and bob di and bob Just wanted you to know I have been thinking of you , wanting to know how both you and Bob are doing. I know sweet Burt will always be missed! He was so special! You always offer a shoulder for everyone on this site , with your words of both wisdom and comfort. I thought you should know that we are all here for you as well. My thoughts and prayers are with you always!
Please take care and remember always that I am here to talk , lend a shoulder , or just listen.
You were one of the first people on this site that offered me comfort when I lost my precious Mickey. I will remember that always and never forget how kind and comforting your words were.
I only wish I coukd help you as well!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Giving me such heartfelt words helps more than you will ever know, LovingMickey! Thank you so much.It amazes me that there are such kind and caring people in the world, but then I think, Hey, they are cat people, that's why!
It's so different with losing my sweet boy. He was so loving and quiet, his gentle presence will be forever missed, but he was seventeen, and at the end he was a mere shell of himself. Those last few hours I know he was suffering and it was heartbreaking. I prayed for him to let go because I couldn't bear to see such a good boy go through that. He fought until the very end, and I held him, and I loved him, it was the only time I ever wanted to see one pass over to the Bridge. I am so sad he is gone, but so happy he is at peace now. He will forever be my sweet, good boy!