My Sweet Boy Burt

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Burt was a handsome cat, Mia6, His fur was so dark grey it was almost black when he was younger, and he was marked like a tuxedo with white. He was the only cat I have ever had that had such a heavy undercoat that it made feeling him an experience, he felt like mink. But the one thing that defined him was his little side to side run when he raced across the lawn to greet us, his huge thick tail straight up in the air, almost a prance like a high stepping pacer. He will forever be remembered for that special run.
Oh, I can just imagine him running! Thanks for sharing that. He sounds lovely.

Hugs,

Mia

kittylove53

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would like to thank you both for all the help you gave me when I lost Omelette. Your words will hold a special place in my heart.You always say the most healing and positive words for those of us who have lost precious kitties.Now I hope I can be there for you in your time of need.Burt will live on in your hearts forever,and every time you think of him he will know it!He sounds like he was one fantastic and special kitty.I sadly know how the hurt of his passing will be on your minds for quite a time.Grieving will take its toll on us all,but our darling kitties will be there waiting to greet us one day.Till that day we will remember all the unique things about them that made them so special.I am sending out to you hugs and healing!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you kittylove53 for your comforting and heartwarming condolences, they mean a lot to me. I love that name, Omelette, it is such a special name for such a special little one. Your hugs and healing vibes are very much accepted and appreciated more than you will ever know. To acknowledge another's pain is the act of a loving heart, may you be blessed for your empathy.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My heart is full of gratitude for the prayers and condolences that came my way. Somehow it makes it a little easier to know that there are so many special, caring people in the world who are willing to take the time to send comfort to a grieving soul. Thank you all so very much!

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
My heart is full of gratitude for the prayers and condolences that came my way. Somehow it makes it a little easier to know that there are so many special, caring people in the world who are willing to take the time to send comfort to a grieving soul. Thank you all so very much!
We all know how it feels, the depths of the pain and guilt and anxiety and self blame and depression, but we also know that with love, time and help of others we gradually climb out of that deep, dark hole, find our way out of the darkness and back into the light, the heart slowly heals but the memories of the good times last forever, the bad memories lose steam and fade somewhat with time thankfully, but as long as we keep them in our hearts and mind they are never really gone.

We need to stick together here, our little "therapy group" is building, and look everyday and if we see another hurting lost soul throw them a lifejacket and help them onboard, dry them off and comfort them, help them as they posted on here for a reason, and our goal is to answer the call and comfort them and tell them "we understand, let it out, we are here and we care, and you WILL survive!"

God Bless....:grouphug2: :grouphug: :rbheart:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Les26, you are a Godsend, you are so comforting, I don't know where to start. Your kindness, your comforting words, your empathy are all appreciated more than you will ever know. You are a blessing for this site, you have found your calling!

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Les26, you are a Godsend, you are so comforting, I don't know where to start. Your kindness, your comforting words, your empathy are all appreciated more than you will ever know. You are a blessing for this site, you have found your calling!
Thank you, it is a pleasure to help others out in memory of all of our kitties who have passed through our lives and passed on. I can easily recall how badly I felt each time, the hurt, pain, anxiety, self blame and more when mine left us, and I can read it in other's posts and just want to say "it'll be alright".

God Bless....

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just like les26 les26 said, we are all here to help others who have gone or are going through the same grieving process that we experienced or are still experiencing.
Those who have suffered the same pain can understand what others are feeling.
Probably our words won't heal the pain and surely won't call our friends back, but we try and do our best to make people feel less lonely during these dark moments.
Losing a pet isn't like losing a member of the human family. You can't go around and tell others what happened to you. You can only tell people like us, and unfortunately people like us are never around when we need it.
This Forum is a gift of heaven for all those who need to vent and cry withouth the fear of being judged or laughed at.
God bless you all!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi di and bob di and bob ! Just wanted to stop by and let you know that I have been thinking about you, Bob and of course, sweet Burt today. I hope you are doing all right. Sending hugs and good vibes your way! :hugs: :hugs::vibes::vibes:

Play with the angels darling Burt. They consider themselves in good company. :angel: :rbheart:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for your condolences, kat121, it means so much more than you will ever know. It's been two weeks today, and it still makes me cry mean I clean and find his hair. But it is also comforting to know he lived to be seventeen and is no longer suffering. He was such a mama's boy,I do miss that sweet little face!

kittylove53

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I too know what it is like when you find traces of our beloved kitties around the house when you are cleaning.You stop and cry,as you think of them.Their beautiful little faces are on your mind.The first few weeks are the hardest!We have all been here before.All we can do is send out our love to them,and treasure their memories in our hearts.I an sending out hugs,and understanding to you both.

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss di and bob di and bob . It sounds like your Burt went through the same thing my Tama did back in Feb. He just stopped eating one day and found out he had a mass in his abdomen. He never showed that he was in pain or either I was just to dumb to see it. I wonder sometimes.

As you know , it's gets easier with time and it does help having other babies around to take care and staying in a routine. Burt is no longer in pain and in a better place looking over you and waiting for you to rejoin him in time. He was well takin care of and knew he was loved and he still lives in your heart. I'll pray for you tonight and have Tama meet him on the other side of the bridge. R.I.P Burt.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss di and bob di and bob . It sounds like your Burt went through the same thing my Tama did back in Feb. He just stopped eating one day and found out he had a mass in his abdomen. He never showed that he was in pain or either I was just to dumb to see it. I wonder sometimes.

As you know , it's gets easier with time and it does help having other babies around to take care and staying in a routine. Burt is no longer in pain and in a better place looking over you and waiting for you to rejoin him in time. He was well takin care of and knew he was loved and he still lives in your heart. I'll pray for you tonight and have Tama meet him on the other side of the bridge. R.I.P Burt.
You're so right. The world would be a much better place if every cat were as loved as Burt. He is in quite good company with all the TC kitties that have crossed the bridge.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much, kat121, sabian, and kittylove53 for your words of comfort, it truly does help. May your empathy at a time like this be blessed, your posts are so much appreciated!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi di and bob di and bob - just stopping into let you know that I was thinking of you today. I hope you and Bob are doing OK. :hugs:

Keep watch over your Mom & Dad, darling Burt. I send you much love, hugs and peace over at the bridge. :rbheart:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for checking back, kat0121, we're doing OK. I try not to dwell on it too much, but of course it comes up at the oddest times. We both burst into tears the other night when I observed that Casper is the oldest now.... the only thing that helps is that he was 17 and was beginning to suffer, I couldn't take that for my precious boy.....

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
di and bob di and bob - I haven't been on the site in awhile. As I checked in now and looked at the "crossing the bridge" section , (as I usually do), my heart just broke when I seen your thread about the loss of your sweet Burt.
I am truly at a loss for words. My heart is truly breaking for you. I am so very sorry for your loss. You both loved Burt so much and gave him a wonderful life. He lived a life full of joy , love , and happiness (all thanks to you and Bob). He never knew a cold , lonely, or hungry day. If only all animals could have such a great life!
I realize the world and your home may seem cold and empty right now without Burt in it.
He will always be with you ,though, and remain safely within your heart. The love and bond that you both shared with your precious Burt for seventeen years can never be taken away , not ever!
The love you always showed Burt , he will continue to show you. He will continue to comfort you and watch over you for as long as you need!
I hope that one day you can think of your sweet Burt with more smiles than tears!
Let your other kitties help comfort you ,as they must be missing Burt too.
Also , know that your TCS family is always here to support you!
I wish I had some magic words to ease your pain. You always seem to know the right words to comfort us all. You have helped so many people on this site. I only hope my words have helped you ,even if just a little.
Please take care!
RIP Sweet Burt!
Please bring sunshine and comfort to the ones you had to leave , as they miss you so very much!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you, Loving Mickey, I smiled when I saw your name, and that I have known you since 2014. I remember you and how comforting you were to others during your own time of grieving. Your words of comfort do bring comfort because they are given from your loving heart.
Burt is missed every single day, he was such a commanding presence for so many years, it is only right he is missed so very much. His little gravestone sets beside his beloved Chrissy, they are together once more for eternity. May God bless and keep them both, until we meet once again!

Last edited:

kittylove53

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I know just how much you are missing your beloved Burt. This past Fri,Oct.27 marked nine months since I lost my Omelette!Grieving takes its proper toll on all our hearts for our crossed over kitties.I know that one day we will all be united again with them.Lots of hugs to you both!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you, kittylove53, I appreciate your post. It always helps to know that others care enough to comfort, you have a big heart. We both saw the feral big grey and white cat that comes here once in a while, he looks so much like Burt it makes your heart stop for a moment. The funny thing is, that since Burt has died, there has been a little grey and black tabby coming around, she looks just like my Chrissy, who dies almost 5 years ago! She has a red collar (also just like Chrissy), so hopefully she has a home. It just seems odd that we haven't seen the grey and white for a year, and never have seen the little tabby. It seems weird to have both of those reminders now, it's bittersweet!