My mom needs prayers......

nance

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sending for your mothers recovery.....I've been there when you have to leave and trust someone else to care for your pets...and its frustrating when they can't even follow simple directions...Lucky ferals can care for themselves when they have too

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There is a history of issues with my daughter, but this was just inexcusable. She still has not contacted me she left yesterday. She has never seen me so angry and emotional before. I think it was about time. Perla came out from the bed shortly after I got home. She wouldn't eat in her regular spot, but she ate. This morning she ate in her spot and got her regular brushing after her meal. She demands this
. She jumps onto the grooming table for her pampering. Pipsqueak got his wet meal as he didn't get that while I was gone. He is on that C/D diet at the moment. The ferals drank two bowls of water last night. It is very hot here and water is scarce now. They were very thirsty.

My mom is doing a tiny bit better today. She is off the morphine and on vicadin for pain. I am glad because the morphine made her act nutso
but at least she didn't hurt on the stuff. Dad stayed home to rest today since she is doing better, we talked him into not driving all the way to the hospital. My mom was happy about that so she doesnt have to worry about him for today either. I am almost more worried about him right now. My sister is making
arrangements to fly out next week to help. We are very close, my sister and I and she is always there for me or my parents. She lives in Seattle. Hopefully my mom will be home by the time she comes out. We will see.

I can't thank you enough for all of your concern and prayers!! It means alot and I think my mom is out of the woods (literally!!!!).

calvin&i

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
for all you are going through.
Continuing for your mother.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Glad to hear there's some improvement and some room for optimism. Really POd about your daughter's behaviour! It's just not acceptable. Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers and hoping for more encouraging signs.

orangeishcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So many prayers and hugs from me to you!! I hope things improve soon from where they are now. God truly is a giver of miracles and all His works are so worthy of praise- I am very, very glad He sent His angels to watch after your mom!!!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
While I don't know that exact spot of the accident we go to Door County every year at least once and I know where Carlsville is. That is a lot of driving for your dad to do every day.

Hopefully having more family around will help out.

I hope you get your situation with your daughter worked out and all the kitties are ok.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear that your daughter didn't take care of your furkids properly ,and the ferals too, Lauren - especially in this heat
As if you need more to worry about. How are they all doing now?

Thank the Lord that your dad didn't end up getting hurt, too! And I'm so glad to hear that your mom is doing better!
Their guardian angels sure must have been hovering over them on those days!

Plenty more
& are headed your way - for all of you!

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just saw this thread....oh my goodness!!!

Many prayers going up for everyone and the kitties.....your mom must have an excellent make up to be doing so well.

Take care of yourself too. This can all take a toll on the people involved also.

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad to hear your mom seems to be improving. Always a good sign! I hope she continues to heal up ok..

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Lauren, I don't know how I missed thread; my heart is just breaking for you. It sounds as if your Mom is a fighter; I know she'll be ok. Make sure your Dad can get her to take it easy, one tiny step at a time, no rushing.

As for your daughter---believe me when I tell you I understand what you're going thru. Anytime you need to talk, please pm me. Daughters can be a gift, and they can also be a knife in your heart.

My thoughts and prayers are with you, dear. Please take care of yourself; I know your world is in turmoil at the moment, and I'm sure you feel helpless to do anything about it. Things will get better, honest. (((hugs))) to you and your family.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my gosh, you guys all have me in tears because of your kind words and your caring thoughts. I am so emotional this morning.....and feel depressed. My daughter did come home last night about ten o'clock at night. Larry got up to ask her what was going on with her
. All she said was, I am going to live with my friend, and packed a suitcase and took her two betta fish (which I had to clean the tanks yesterday, just filthy) and left. No questions about how I was doing, about how grandma was doing, and of course, no apology or remorse for her actions. I went into her room this morning, and just cried. This has been a long time coming, but I still can't help but worry about her and her drinking troubles of years past. How will she survive on minimum wage??? She is already in credit card debt. It is all just too much for me to think about at the moment....... Sorry...

My sister is flying to Door County on the 18th. I cannot leave to go back up there unless it is an emergency and my dad needs me. I can't trust my daughter coming and going. Larry want's to change the locks before the family reunion in two and half weeks. And I pray, that Heather still comes to Door county for that family photo. My mother has been planning this for a YEAR!!! She wants the WHOLE family there in that picture. Heather better not disappoint
. My mom still says, "I don't care how much pain I am in, I will stand for that picture". I told her we will all carry her out to the garden and prop her up if we have too
. My mother has the most beautiful gardens in Door county. A pond and a chapel also. My mom had the outdoor chapel built a couple of years ago for my parents 50th wedding anniversary celebration where they renewed their vows. She calls her home "The Blessing Wood".

Thanks again, MY FRIENDS!!! I love you all

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear about everything you are going through - make sure to take care of yourself, too, a family crisis like this can take its toll on everybody. Sending healing vibes for your mom and that your daughter wises up soon and helps out.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What an awful, awful time this is for your family... I'm so sorry for what you're going through. And yes, this family photo has to happen, even if you have to kidnap Heather to get her there. Healing thoughts coming to your mom and your whole family...

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lauren, we've been having issues with our internet this week, and a post I thought I put up with vibes for your Dad isn't here. But I'm catching up now - and I am just SO SORRY for everything you're going through right now! It all happens at once, it seems.

I can't begin to imagine how you're feeling about your daughter - and on top of your worry about your mom AND dad! Anger, disappointment, worry... AND hurt feelings because she didn't ask after any of you... it's just too much.
I'm so glad you have Larry, the kitties, and TCS!

Continued for your mom and dad, and more for you!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Feralvr

Oh my gosh, you guys all have me in tears because of your kind words and your caring thoughts. I am so emotional this morning.....and feel depressed. My daughter did come home last night about ten o'clock at night. Larry got up to ask her what was going on with her
. All she said was, I am going to live with my friend, and packed a suitcase and took her two betta fish (which I had to clean the tanks yesterday, just filthy) and left. No questions about how I was doing, about how grandma was doing, and of course, no apology or remorse for her actions. I went into her room this morning, and just cried. This has been a long time coming, but I still can't help but worry about her and her drinking troubles of years past. How will she survive on minimum wage??? She is already in credit card debt. It is all just too much for me to think about at the moment....... Sorry...

My sister is flying to Door County on the 18th. I cannot leave to go back up there unless it is an emergency and my dad needs me. I can't trust my daughter coming and going. Larry want's to change the locks before the family reunion in two and half weeks. And I pray, that Heather still comes to Door county for that family photo. My mother has been planning this for a YEAR!!! She wants the WHOLE family there in that picture. Heather better not disappoint
. My mom still says, "I don't care how much pain I am in, I will stand for that picture". I told her we will all carry her out to the garden and prop her up if we have too
. My mother has the most beautiful gardens in Door county. A pond and a chapel also. My mom had the outdoor chapel built a couple of years ago for my parents 50th wedding anniversary celebration where they renewed their vows. She calls her home "The Blessing Wood".

Thanks again, MY FRIENDS!!! I love you all
Ah geez, Lauren. I don't even know what to say except I'm so sorry you're having to deal with so much right now.
I sure hope things start looking up soon for you AND your family.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by libby74

As for your daughter---believe me when I tell you I understand what you're going thru. Anytime you need to talk, please pm me. Daughters can be a gift, and they can also be a knife in your heart.
Right now, yes, a knife in the heart

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Feralvr

Right now, yes, a knife in the heart
I am truly sorry to hear that, Lauren. I have absolutely no advice on how to handle the situation with your daughter; I just want you to know that you're not alone.
Sending healing for both you and your Mom.