My mom needs prayers......

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, my mom is going to a rehab/nursing facility today!!! She can take a few steps and sit on the edge of the bed without too much pain. She should be in rehab for about a week or so and hopefully go home. I am waiting to hear from my dad and will make calls to everyone else to update them. Mom really appreciates all of your vibes and prayers

I did call my daughter earlier. I know, I know, she should call me. I just had see if she had anything to say about the matter. She really doesn't get it at all. She doesn't know why we got so upset
!! WHAT, is she really that insensitive, I am just at a loss...... I tried to explain. The only thing she apologized for was that I was so emotionally upset to have a breakdown. Well, I told her that it will be up to her now to make amends and own up to the errors of her ways. Who knows when that will be. The house has been more peaceful with her not in it though. She did say she will go up to Door County for the family photo at the end of this month but that was it. GEEZ, I guess family just really isn't important to her at the moment
. AND to top all of this off, Perla as of yesterday started sneezing/runny eyes. I think the stress of those days made her sick
, I am so pissed off about all of this S***
. I started Perla on L-Lysine, but will take her to vet in a few days if she worsens.... Poor little
Perla.... my angel.....

Thanks for all of your kind and caring words, everyone. I so appreciate my friends here on TCS. It is great to have you all to talk too about this.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's been a hard time... but it sounds like it's starting to settle down now, thank goodness.
Special vibes to Perla...

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lauren, I don't think your daughter is going to "get it" till she has kids of her own. Maybe that's what it will take before she learns to appreciate her mom, dad, and family more. Such a pity..

I don't blame you for being so upset. As if you don't already have enough to worry about.
Let her come to you to bridge the gap (I know, that's not an easy thing to do): maybe some day she'll realize just how blessed she is to have a mom like you, and come to her senses. Sometimes you gotta let go in order for them to appreciate what they have.

Many for Perla! I sure hope she doesn't get sick!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Lauren, that is GREAT news about your mom! You must be SO relieved!
Keeping up the vibes.
!!!!!!!!

I'm so sorry about your daughter.
Sadly, I think Tiff's probably right. If she doesn't understand now why you'd be upset about not properly caring for the kitties - family responsibility - or for caring about the family, I doubt it's something she'll "get" until she has a family of her own. I'm sure it's breaking your heart all the way around.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lauren, I'm so happy your Mom is heading for rehab!
I just know she's going to make a full and speedy recovery.

Poor little Perla, I hope she's feeling better soon.

As for your daughter---mine did the same thing, decided her family wasn't necessary anymore and that the universe revolves around her. It's been almost a year since she 'ran away from home' (as we call it) and things are no better than they were. It's up to her, and your daughter as well, to realize that they are the ones who messed up and need to make amends. I sincerely hope it doesn't take your daughter very long to realize what she's leaving behind. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers more than you know. I know you're a strong woman, and you'll get thru this.

Sending loads more to your family.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by libby74

Lauren, I'm so happy your Mom is heading for rehab!
I just know she's going to make a full and speedy recovery.

Poor little Perla, I hope she's feeling better soon.

As for your daughter---mine did the same thing, decided her family wasn't necessary anymore and that the universe revolves around her. It's been almost a year since she 'ran away from home' (as we call it) and things are no better than they were. It's up to her, and your daughter as well, to realize that they are the ones who messed up and need to make amends. I sincerely hope it doesn't take your daughter very long to realize what she's leaving behind. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers more than you know. I know you're a strong woman, and you'll get thru this.

Sending loads more to your family.
OH Libby,
to you then as well. You know exactly what I am going through.....and that alone is comforting to me in some small way. BUt I am sorry for you and the riff with your daughter too. I still shake my head and rattle my brain over how she is this self-centered.
I am even wondering if she will really show up in Door County, two weeks from today, for that family photo. Larry says we can hold up a cardboard cut-out of her in the back of the crowd.
He is forever trying to make me laugh, and that just did it . Another

Mom as of today sounds so much stronger on the phone. Her voice is getting back to normal. And she used the bathroom again today all on her own and has started P.T. Maybe she will be going home in a week
and then my sister will already be there to help too.
Brighter days are coming

Thanks, friends,

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lauren, I'm so tickled for your Mom!
I'm smiling as I type---wonderful, wonderful news! I'm sure she can't wait to get home. More healing going her way.

Unfortunately, I do know just what you're going thru with your daughter. I haven't talked to mine since February and, at this point, I don't really care if I ever do again. It amazes me how a child can completely turn her/his back on family, especially when they've come from a loving home. I wish I had some incredible words of wisdom for you, sweetie, but I don't. I obviously don't know all the ins and outs of your current problem with your daughter. I do know that there comes a time when we have to make our child take responsibility for their actions. If they're too immature to admit their mistakes, then we wait until they grow up. It hasn't been easy, believe me it hasn't, but it does get better with time.

Back on track: take care of yourself. You've got a lot on your plate right now. If your daughter shows up for the reunion picture, at least it's a start. If not, there's not a thing you can do. Again, sending loads of prayers to your entire family. Your Mom sounds like an amazing woman!

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm really happy to hear that your mom is making some good progress!!
Continued healing vibes for her.

I hope things with your daughter work out too, no advice there, but here's a hug at least.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by DarkMavis

I'm really happy to hear that your mom is making some good progress!!
Continued healing vibes for her.

I hope things with your daughter work out too, no advice there, but here's a hug at least.
AWWWWW I needed that, sweetie. Love your G-cat siggy

Lauren

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by libby74

Lauren, I'm so tickled for your Mom!
I'm smiling as I type---wonderful, wonderful news! I'm sure she can't wait to get home. More healing going her way.

Unfortunately, I do know just what you're going thru with your daughter. I haven't talked to mine since February and, at this point, I don't really care if I ever do again. It amazes me how a child can completely turn her/his back on family, especially when they've come from a loving home. I wish I had some incredible words of wisdom for you, sweetie, but I don't. I obviously don't know all the ins and outs of your current problem with your daughter. I do know that there comes a time when we have to make our child take responsibility for their actions. If they're too immature to admit their mistakes, then we wait until they grow up. It hasn't been easy, believe me it hasn't, but it does get better with time.

Back on track: take care of yourself. You've got a lot on your plate right now. If your daughter shows up for the reunion picture, at least it's a start. If not, there's not a thing you can do. Again, sending loads of prayers to your entire family. Your Mom sounds like an amazing woman!
Libby, your words of wisdom ARE there. And I thank you for them. You are absolutely right, my daughter is VERY immature to EVER admit her wrong doing. It is time for her to grow-up and start holding herself accountable for her wrong-doings and for me to totally let go and just wait. We have been through alot of pain in regards to her these last five years, more than I care to share at the moment
. She has made some very bad decisions, that have cost us thousands to help/rescue her and even when I look back on the shock of some of the things, her attitude even in those moments was, to say the least, delinquent, remiss and just careless. My heart can't take it anymore... I think the fact that she didn't care for my cats properly AND didn't feed/water the ferals during my time of needing not to worry so I could concentrate on my mom's accident and injuries, was beyond insulting, rude, and unloving. I cannot, under ANY circumstances, disregard and forgive anyone not caring for my cats when a promise was made. She looked me directly in the eyes the morning we left and said "don't worry, mom, the cats will be fine. I will see to it". All the while, what she was really thinking about was, having her new loser boyfriend over and just party for two nights.
A knife in the heart and another in my back... to go along with the many other stab wounds over the years.....OK enough for now..- Thank you for letting me vent, somemore
It is helping me get through this.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sweetie, we're here both for the vents, the hugs - and for sharing GREAT news - like the news about your mom!
She really is one strong lady - I can't believe she's going to be home next week!
PERFECT timing for your sister's trip, I'd say!

Continued to your mom - and more and
for you with your daughter.

orangeishcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm so happy to hear about your mom!!!
That is great news!

I hope your daughter will come to see the error of her ways... I almost lost my mom at thirteen and I just can't fathom my life without her. We rarely got along until I moved out for college, but now we hang out at least once a week or so and go shopping or have a drink together. I pray your daughter realizes how truly blessed she is to still HAVE her mother, and that you are irreplaceable.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So glad that your mom is coming through this. Continuing to her... and to you.

And some very special vibes to your daughter, that she may see the light.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I missed this thread! No internet for about 10 days while on vacation.

Glad that your mom is doing better and many for her recovery and your family situation!

resqchick

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad to read that your mom is making progress toward recovery! She sounds like a really strong willed woman, and she will heal because she has the will to do it. Sending helpful vibes for her!

As far as the situation with your daughter, I am sorry to hear about all the trouble, my only daughter is only 14, and while I have had some issues with her, I cannot imagine what you are going through. My heart goes out to you, and I really hope she comes to her senses that her mother is, and always will be her best friend. Hopefully she will wake up and see that nobody is worth losing her family for. Nobody.
for you!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi friends !!! I am just feeling so drained lately. I just can't get over it. I am normally so energetic and lately I have been lethargic. Just so much worry.... about mom, about dad, about daughter, my feral cats, Pipsqueak, and my dog Wilbur. Just too much, but I am trying to keep it together.

My sister did arrive in Door County. She is happy to be there and my mom is thrilled to have some new company. Here is the bad news.... mom is making extremely slow progress. She is still in much pain and on lots of vicadin. The rehab nurses are wonderful and really sound very sweet and caring, so that is good. Unfortunately, mom probably won't be going home anytime soon. It broke my heart to hear my mom cry on the phone
yesterday over the news. She said how could this happen NOW. Mom has been planning this reunion for well over a year and wanted that family photo with the whole family in it. Here is what I suggested.... I thought maybe she could make it out to a park in Green Bay so we could all still have the photo taken. Mom cried and said, no, that she wanted it in her beautiful garden and chapel on their property. It means everything to her. So today, she says that she is going to try to get in a car on Monday with the help of the PT folks and see if she can sit in there. She sits in a wheelchair now for up to three hours a day and thinks she could make the hour drive back home just for the photo and then go back to rehab. We all are trying to talk her into NOT doing this. It would be too risky for her if something happenned in the car ride home. I dont' know what will come of this, but will keep you all posted.

The doctor's say she can expect pain for up to three to four months
and she has to wear that back brace for up two to three months. This back brace is like a suit of armor. Very hot and it rides up under her chin and she is getting a terrible sore under her chin from it. I really need to go and have a good cry right now and just let it all out. OH, and here comes Pipsqueak because he hears me getting upset as I type. He is my little caretaker, bless his heart
Keep the vibes coming for my mom, this will be a long road ahead. Thank you, my friends.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lauren, that contraption your Mom is wearing sounds like the 'clamshell' my uncle is wearing. He had back surgery a year ago, then managed to fall and break something low down in his back over the winter. His clamshell was riding up too high, too, but the dr.(or someone for the dr, I don't remember which) was able to cut it down some. Check and see if that can be done for your Mom.

Bless her heart, she certainly is a fighter, isn't she? I know the idea of her riding in the car for that amount of time scares you silly. But, this really is her decision (well, her dr. needs to have a lot of input, too). If she's able to get in and out of the car without too much trouble, the driver (I'm assuming your Dad) could stop more frequently just to let her 'unkink'. If a car ride is going to be really difficult for her, is there someone with a van who could put an air mattress in the back and let her lie down for the trip? It sounds to me as if she isn't going to give up on getting home for this family reunion unless her dr. adamantly tells her "No!" And I'm not saying this to upset you, sweetie, but she may think this is her last chance to do this.

Don't think I don't understand how worried you are over the whole thing, I do. But, this is going to be your Mom's decision (and you know what she's going to do). Plan it out ahead of time, get someone to take her for short rides if you can, get that clamshell cut down, and hope for the best.

I so wish there was something I could do for you, Lauren; the past few weeks have obviously been hell for you. If I could give you a big hug and a shoulder to cry on, I would. Instead, sending you a cyber (((hug))) and letting you know that you and your family are in my prayers. Please take care of yourself.