My Journey Towards Better Health

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, you do have to call them, or they'll come back whenever they have time. If you call, you can set up a time that's good for you.
Do I legally have to let them inside? My brothers were going to remodel the bathroom and get rid of the clutter. But they didn't have time yet. This is a disaster. I can't take much more stress. I want them to leave me alone.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They may or may not come back, but you should encourage them. I don't know what you mean about being not ready. There is nothing to fear from them, and don't try to cover anything up. You didn't have to tell anyone anything; they just saw what was happening. This is a very, very good thing. These people are advocates for people in your situation.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I just want them to leave me alone.
I understand you being hesitant and feeling an inordinate amount of stress. :hugs: You are not only dealing with your health right now but your parent's home environment as well. Please try not to worry and don't dwell on what could or could not happen. Your most important job is to get well. You did everything right by talking to the appropriate medical professionals and you don't need to be fearful about telling the truth. You need to be honest in order for them to treat your symptoms and help you recuperate. They are knowledgeable health care advocates and well experienced in all types of cases. :alright:

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is going to cause major problems for me.
Please take a moment and really think about what you said and why.
What major problems do you foresee?
Why do you want them to leave you alone?
And be honest with yourself about your answers. You don't need to tell us here, if you don't want to, but I really want you to think about that.

This has been an overwhelming and traumatic experience for you, and things leading up to this have not been great either. (under statement of the year, yeah, I know). But change is on the horizon. And this change is a great one! And as scary as it is, and as much as you think you have no control, you really do. You have already proven that you can take control of your life and advocate for yourself. You have come thru things, and even fought for your life and WON. Fear???:bat: Tell it to go :censored: itself! :thumbsup: You have everything to gain from letting these people help you. Not only that, but your whole family can benefit from this.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
You should really call them back. :please:

Not knowing what this is about causing more anxiety than actually knowing what the visit was about. :vibes:

I realize it is frightening; But as foxxycat foxxycat and all the others have said: We are here for you, through all of it. :vibes:

M maggiedemi You have been so strong, so determined, please do not back down. :bouquet:

All these people want to do is make sure you are safe; both physically, medially, and emotionally. They are trying to provide you with all that you need to become the exceptional, kind, caring person; we all know you are. :heartshape:

Think strongly about opening up to all of them. Please do not reject any help they offer. You can do this!:cheerleader:

We will be here for you..

Please do postpone the visit to when things, are in 'better shape".
Really think about this sentence.

You did call out for help, now you have successfully begun getting it. You asked for help to get stronger.. and here it is. You have gotten so strong.

To put it on a different level: This is a gift from God.. God knows what you need. He provides for you. Do not reject His help and the prayers of all the friends you have here.

I am not preaching.. just talking to you as I would a close friend.

I understand how frightening this is~~ So scary :alright:.

If you are unsure about this visit, please ask your case worker, what she thinks of it.
She has not steered you wrong; so trust her, and trust all the advice from the people who love you, here, on this forum..

Please keep us updated.. :alright::alright:
:hugs:

love:redheartpump::hugs::grouphug:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You should really call them back.
I am calling them tomorrow. But it's too soon to leave here. I can barely walk. I want to be with my cats & my dad while I heal. And my brothers and I have our plans too. This is what's right for me and the people saying leave right now, that's not what I want.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You don't have to leave, but maybe they can provide you with some additional help, like housework or nursing care.
I do eventually want to leave, but I was thinking of taking a course to be a receptionist that starts this winter. Only thing is, I hate driving in bad weather, and I would have to learn to drive my dad's standard truck. It looks impossibly hard to drive.

I can do housework in another 2 weeks probably. I think somebody said 6 weeks after my surgery.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
I am calling them tomorrow. But it's too soon to leave here. I can barely walk. I want to be with my cats & my dad while I heal. And my brothers and I have our plans too. This is what's right for me and the people saying leave right now, that's not what I want.
No one is telling you to leave, this very second.

You need to be healthy; most importantly, get your strength back. These people can help you, and

You don't have to leave, but maybe they can provide you with some additional help, like housework or nursing care.
I agree with the above. These people can provide the services you and your parents need.

Yes, you do have plans with your brothers; but, sometimes you need more local help. Your brothers do not live locally to you.

Even to help you with meals.. and some transportation, guidance. You really owe it to yourself to see what is offered.

Have an open mind. Do not expect the worst.
Good can come out of this.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have an open mind. Do not expect the worst.
Good can come out of this.
I had a panic attack. I don't want strangers yanking me out of my home in the middle of the night. I've been through too much already and can't take anymore stress. I'll let you know what they say tomorrow when I call them.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
I had a panic attack. I don't want strangers yanking me out of my home in the middle of the night. I've been through too much already and can't take anymore stress. I'll let you know what they say tomorrow when I call them.
Ok.. Just breathe, and take one tiny step at a time. Try not to think the worst.

It is much easier said than done. I get it.

I always think the worst. You know what? It is easier not to think.. Just see what it is about, and then decide.

I had to learn and are still learning, not to jump to negative conclusions.
Life is much more enjoyable, if I just 'let things happen'. I mean it. I am old, but this is something I have finally realized.. and trying to do.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Below is an excerpt from Adult Protective Services (APS) | OCFS.

As you can see, they help with a lot of different things, including assistance obtaining benefits. So try not to worry too much, and instead try to prepare a list of things they might be able to help you with - like dental assistance, educational courses, financial aid, etc.

"Services provided (directly or through referral) may range from safety monitoring, linkages with other service providers (health, mental health, aging, etc.), assistance in obtaining benefits, informal money management, to appointment as a representative payee, to petitioning a court for appointment as a guardian or for some other legal intervention."