My Journey Towards Better Health

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found a Primary Care Doctor! I haven't called her yet, but she sounds great. She's closer to my age than my parents, so I feel I will be able to talk to her better. She has an office here in my little town, then another office in the town 30 minutes from here where I went to the hospital. So if I move there, I can just see her there. On her page, she talks about new ideas about health, which I like. She also talks about weight loss and doing it the right way. She accepts all insurances. What do you think? :)
That sounds really good. If it was me I'd find out if she's accepting new patients, then see about setting up an appointment for next week.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
a dentist
How do I find a dentist? Where do I start? I suppose since I'm on a roll, I could get started on that too. :lol:

If it was me I'd find out if she's accepting new patients,
Her page says Accepting New Patients. I'll probably have to wait until Monday to call her.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats are territorial, and when a strange cat comes in to their territory, they go bananas. They are so enraged that they don't know who or what they are attacking. That's why Demi scratched and bit your father's arm. You shouldn't try to separate cats when they are fighting. They're both dangerous.

How To Safely Break Up A Cat Fight

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How do I find a dentist? Where do I start? I suppose since I'm on a roll, I could get started on that too. :lol:

Her page says Accepting New Patients. I'll probably have to wait until Monday to call her.
Monday morning would be your best bet, the office is probably already closed for today.

As far as finding a Dentist, an easy thing to do is a web search for Dentists in your zip code then check the website or listing for each one to see if they accept your insurance. If you can't find info on insurance coverage you could write down their phone number and call on Monday.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That doctor sounds perfect for you - and if it says she's accepting new patients, if you can choose her on the website, I'd do that now and then call on Monday morning! I chose mine that way. I've never gone to him, but I'm on record as having chosen him.
Yes, 1.800.DENTIST is wonderful, as I posted before. By all means take advantage of this service if you are able! And read my posts on it if you feel up to it. My dentist is GREAT.
As for Demi, good on you. Protect your cats at all costs! My angel Tomo bit me pretty hard once -- I still have the scars, which I bear lovingly! -- when I erroneously tried to discipline him for getting rough with my beloved Sun. I did not tell our vet until quite a bit later, and he was shocked and said I should have reported it. I didn't reply, as it would have been rude, but suffice to say NO WAY am I EVER going to put a cat in danger.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That PCP sounds great! Mine is fairly young, too, and she's got a calming voice and is really easy to talk to.

I got a rec about a dentist and when I checked out their website they said they were good with phobias. Obviously, you don't have that problem, so I'd just google your insurance and "dentists" near me amd rrad reviews.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did not tell our vet until quite a bit later, and he was shocked and said I should have reported it. I didn't reply, as it would have been rude, but suffice to say NO WAY am I EVER going to put a cat in danger.
I know, I just can't lose my Demi, I wouldn't survive it. The 10 days will be over pretty soon. Should I try to trap that stray cat? I've never heard of a cat going to somebody else's house and throwing themselves at their windows.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know, I just can't lose my Demi, I wouldn't survive it. The 10 days will be over pretty soon. Should I try to trap that stray cat? I've never heard of a cat going to somebody else's house and throwing themselves at their windows.
Personally, in your current health state, I would wait, but if there is a place around your house/in your garage where you can feed and water this cat, that might be a good idea. Is this cat skinny? Does (s)he look/seem healthy? Is there a collar & ID tag?

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know you told me in the past that your Dad has done a lot to try and give you a better future. I’m glad he is still there with you now. Maybe he can help in all these situations. He certainly went out on a limb by grabbing Demi. I gather he is attached to the kitties too and will protect them. Is Demi the one that likes to snuggle him at bedtime? I know you asked about helping the cat that tried to jump Demi. Since you are hurt this bad I don’t see that you can do much right now. If your Dad could feed it then maybe..... Are you sure it does not belong to someone else? If it tried to jump on Demi through the window then it will require work. Get well. First priority. If you want to help anyone or anything, you must get well first. That should be number one priority. Eat protein, drink fluids and get rest. Since you could not get chicken yet, Would your mom let you have peanut butter? ( creamy style only) Do you have a way to cook there? A crock pot, stove, microwave? Plain boiled chicken would be fine. No gluten there!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is this cat skinny? Does (s)he look/seem healthy? Is there a collar & ID tag?
No, he's actually quite plump and looks well cared for. He's an orange tabby. He's just so mean! No tag or collar. The neighbors have tons of cats, but they are sweet cats. I don't think they fix their male cats though.

Since you could not get chicken yet, Would your mom let you have peanut butter?
Mom is making chicken and potatoes tonight. I think she's just happy that the young ER doc said I don't need a medical bed delivered. :lol: I just need pain meds and pain patches, and to eat more protein.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is Demi the one that likes to snuggle him at bedtime?
No, Maggie's the one that sleeps with him every night with the door shut. So Demi is in with me. (If he wants to be)

If your Dad could feed it then maybe
My dad won't feed him. He's very angry that he attacked Demi and slashed our new screens.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, he's actually quite plump and looks well cared for. He's an orange tabby. He's just so mean! No tag or collar. The neighbors have tons of cats, but they are sweet cats. I don't think they fix their male cats though.

Mom is making chicken and potatoes tonight. I think she's just happy that the young ER doc said I don't need a medical bed delivered. :lol: I just need pain meds and pain patches, and to eat more protein.
Sounds like you're going to be having a yummy dinner!
That's great that you're not in need of the bed.
Well, two locations ago, we lived in an area where there were a lot of free-roaming cats and our policy was always that whoever came into our yard got a vet exam, innoculations, and spay/neuter. If a cat has no ID, you have no way of knowing whether he's being cared for or not. And the neuter would be a MUST. As soon as you're able, I'd nab him and get him neutered. If he's well-fed, then he's undoubtedly eating well.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I found a Primary Care Doctor! I haven't called her yet, but she sounds great. She's closer to my age than my parents, so I feel I will be able to talk to her better.
Way to go! :thumbsup: So happy you lined someone up already and hopefully can get an appointment to meet her soon.

Mom is making chicken and potatoes tonight. I think she's just happy that the young ER doc said I don't need a medical bed delivered.
I'm glad your mom is making a healthy home cooked meal tonight. Maybe she's coming around to your needs more, at least I hope so.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Make sure to ask the doctor or dentist if they are "in network" with your insurance so you pay less. All doctors and dentists take insurance but if they don't participate in your particular insurance and plan, they are "out of network" and the insurance won't cover much so you end up paying more.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As soon as you're able, I'd nab him and get him neutered.
Have you ever seen a cat that mean, where he would throw himself at a neighbor's screens? Is it the hormones?

Sounds like you're going to be having a yummy dinner!
It was really good. I insisted on making my own plate. I put the mashed potatoes, chicken, peas, and one deviled egg. Then I poured melted butter over the top. My dad said he was jealous of my plate. My mom fixed his and then dumped soupy chicken broth over the top of it. He wanted it my way. :lol:

Lots of hugs from us
Thank you! I forgot today is my birthday. My brother reminded me this morning.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise