My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 yeah but not three days going out in a row lol make me tired ... so whats new with you hun?
Busy busy busy as always! Leak in roof, more storms on the way, roofer w/c next week. Leak under kitchen sink. Roomie looked at it. Says it's the pull-out spray hose on my $700 German faucet. Need to see if that's under "lifetime warranty." He says he can swap it out. My wonder 12-year-old vacuum bit the dust (literally) so I had to buy a new one.
My mama told me, "It doesn't get easier." She had a HELL of a life. So if SHE said that, and she did, it's gotta be frightening. I am SO tired of all these crises!

Last edited:

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you rubysmama rubysmama and JamesCalifornia JamesCalifornia for what you shared. It lifted my spirits.
Maria Bayote Maria Bayote it may be that the mother moved the kittens to a safer dryer place. You have a big heart and have helped other cats, don't be hard on yourself. We do what we can. If I could I would have taken the more friendly kitties in my colony off the streets, but I can't do it. So I keep them comfortable outside. I will keep praying. HUGS. 🤗
strider rose strider rose and tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I hope things get better for both of you. tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I have been there. It was one thing after the other. Life comes at you fast and hard at times. I hope everything works out in the end.

Well, I saw this Meme and thought I share it. I think we could all use the laugh. Take care everyone. 🙂

last-cardboard-box-on-earth.jpg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Adding my gratitude to rubysmama rubysmama and JamesCalifornia JamesCalifornia to yours, Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose :heartshape:
And yes, me, too, for Maria Bayote Maria Bayote for that little family to be safe.
And as for that pic, ABSOLUTELY PAWSitively!!!
It was so funny. I was just commiserating with another friend this morning. Their refrigerator died. It was under warranty. They called to get it serviced. Before their Christmas holidays.
No one showed.
They called again.
Ditto.
They actually had to keep some food in their CAR (they live on east coast). Now they've bought another one and are going after the no-shows. But it doesn't fit in the built-in space. She loves the cabinetry above. Contractor says he can't alter it. *sigh* And they have a sick baby (cat). Fortunately, they are able to cover the bills. I'm more a hand-to-mouth type, so everything really hits me. I've been really good at living on a tight budget most of my life, coming from a long line of people who have. But you can only stretch it so far.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For all of you ❤❤❤ :purr:

Shared from a cat rescue (One woman, many cats) I follow on Facebook

View attachment 440743
A wonderful and wise share, Jewely Jewely and thanks to you and to that "one woman"! and all the women, men, and kids doing this labor of love, everywhere in the world. Every one is a hero! :heartshape:

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
A wonderful and wise share, Jewely Jewely and thanks to you and to that "one woman"! and all the women, men, and kids doing this labor of love, everywhere in the world. Every one is a hero! :heartshape:
Jewely Jewely Ditto from me. Taragirl said it well. I heard of rescuers who are living on a wing and prayer and I felt many times like i was living on a wing and prayer. You dig deeper and try to stretch your money as far as it can go. You do whatever it takes to take to care of these kitties. I am a caretaker and this is the time of year that worries me the most. I still haven't found that missing cat. It is possible she found another feeder somewhere, but she is no where to be found. My deepest respect to the rescuers and other caretakers. I will check out that rescuers FB page that you shared. Taking care of cats is a truly a labor love :catlove:

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Your friend should complian about that company for not sending out a repair person. What is going on with these appliance repair companies lately? My family has had issues with them as well. I am glad to hear that they got a new refrigerator. Bummer that it doesn't fit into the customized cabinetry space and the contractor said they can't alter it. I hope their little sick kitty starts feeling better and things start improving for them. I hope things go well for you too.

strider rose strider rose I hope you and your hubby feel better soon. Hang in there. 🙏🙏🙏

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jewely Jewely Ditto from me. Taragirl said it well. I heard of rescuers who are living on a wing and prayer and I felt many times like i was living on a wing and prayer. You dig deeper and try to stretch your money as far as it can go. You do whatever it takes to take to care of these kitties. I am a caretaker and this is the time of year that worries me the most. I still haven't found that missing cat. It is possible she found another feeder somewhere, but she is no where to be found. My deepest respect to the rescuers and other caretakers. I will check out that rescuers FB page that you shared. Taking care of cats is a truly a labor love :catlove:

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Your friend should complian about that company for not sending out a repair person. What is going on with these appliance repair companies lately? My family has had issues with them as well. I am glad to hear that they got a new refrigerator. Bummer that it doesn't fit into the customized cabinetry space and the contractor said they can't alter it. I hope their little sick kitty starts feeling better and things start improving for them. I hope things go well for you too.

strider rose strider rose I hope you and your hubby feel better soon. Hang in there. 🙏🙏🙏
As ever, thanking you so much for your empathy and caring!
As for the refrigerator repair saga, my friend just said one came out -- and checked the box on the form indicating that they "refused" a repair.
I kid you not.
This friend, BTW, lives in the same general neighborhood as the President (before he moved into the rental:lol2:) and has a very responsible, respectable career. NOT the kind of people who normally get treated like that. I've always seen the insurance industry as legalized extortionists. That said, I had to renew my liability and the rep I spoke with was WONDERFUL. My regular guy is as stodgy and sour as a loaf of stale sourdough, so I don't make a habit of talking with him, though he does his job well. Just not personable.
It breaks our hearts when we can't help those we love, and when so many in the world are so awful. But I try always to focus on the good, so I don't lose it completely, because losing it would mean one less person helping. I am a spiritually minded person so I pray for all cats, all who care for and about them, and for the good to increase and the evil to shrivel up and disappear.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
For all of you ❤❤❤ :purr:

Shared from a cat rescue (One woman, many cats) I follow on Facebook

View attachment 440743
Cried reading this. I notice I have been crying frequently lately. LOL.

strider rose strider rose get well soonest.

Guys, good news - the little family has returned!! I fed them this morning and the shut-eyed one is following me with his head wherever I went, which made me laugh. That little one is really so adorable but fierce. The hissing is lesser, though. Maybe my scent is getting familiar to him/her. Still when I approach to place the tray of wet food, they scamper to their hiding spot. Darn those debris.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Guys, good news - the little family has returned!! I fed them this morning and the shut-eyed one is following me with his head wherever I went, which made me laugh. That little one is really so adorable but fierce. The hissing is lesser, though. Maybe my scent is getting familiar to him/her. Still when I approach to place the tray of wet food, they scamper to their hiding spot. Darn those debris.
Glad that they are back and hope they get used to you fast especially the little one.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As ever, thanking you so much for your empathy and caring!
As for the refrigerator repair saga, my friend just said one came out -- and checked the box on the form indicating that they "refused" a repair.
I kid you not.
This friend, BTW, lives in the same general neighborhood as the President (before he moved into the rental:lol2:) and has a very responsible, respectable career. NOT the kind of people who normally get treated like that. I've always seen the insurance industry as legalized extortionists. That said, I had to renew my liability and the rep I spoke with was WONDERFUL. My regular guy is as stodgy and sour as a loaf of stale sourdough, so I don't make a habit of talking with him, though he does his job well. Just not personable.
It breaks our hearts when we can't help those we love, and when so many in the world are so awful. But I try always to focus on the good, so I don't lose it completely, because losing it would mean one less person helping. I am a spiritually minded person so I pray for all cats, all who care for and about them, and for the good to increase and the evil to shrivel up and disappear.
Michele decided to replace our old refrigerator before it died, but we ran into a problem. Our house has doorways that are only 29 inches wide, and the newer refrigerators are 30 inches. We had to special-order one to fit, and even with the doors on both house and refrigerator removed, it was a near thing. I pity whoever owns this place once we are done with it, and they go to move their stuff in.
On another note, Grumpy has been showing up more regularly and eating more at each visit. Also, Reese, an indoor-outdoor calico of our neighbor's, has been making more frequent appearances. Maybe she likes our food better. At any rate, she will occasionally allow me to pet her, especially if treats are involved.

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
but we ran into a problem. Our house has doorways that are only 29 inches wide, and the newer refrigerators are 30 inches. We had to special-order one to fit, and even with the doors on both house and refrigerator removed, it was a near thing.
Sometimes because of this, people buy newer and bigger house to fit the bigger stuffs they bought.......................:lol::crackup::flail:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Michele decided to replace our old refrigerator before it died, but we ran into a problem. Our house has doorways that are only 29 inches wide, and the newer refrigerators are 30 inches. We had to special-order one to fit, and even with the doors on both house and refrigerator removed, it was a near thing.
Interesting, and something I'll have to remember when I eventually replace my old fridge, as I suspect my doorways are also more narrow than the current norm.

Not a fridge or doorway, but same problem.
1673352607076.png

Maria Bayote

Top Cat
Purraise
Glad that they are back and hope they get used to you fast especially the little one.
It was raining when I came back from work yesterday. I placed a tray of wet food near their hiding place and this morning it was all eaten but today before I left work I only saw one kitten there, the shut-eyed one. Maybe the momma cat placed her babies again to a warmer location as it is really cold here now and the wind is brutal. It was all alone, and first time I heard it crying. I tried to catch it but darn, that kitty is sooo fast!! I don't know how he/she does it when its eyes are both shut. Amazing!

On another note, Grumpy has been showing up more regularly and eating more at each visit. Also, Reese, an indoor-outdoor calico of our neighbor's, has been making more frequent appearances. Maybe she likes our food better.
Awws, Grumpy! Maybe he isn't so grumpy anymore. :redheartpump: :) I have the same cat as Reese back in my house in my country. She would come by every meal time or in between, but she was actually a neighbor's cat. She would announce her arrival and demand to be fed. I told the owner about it and the owner said no wonder her cat isn't eating as much as before, and we were both laughing.

Not a fridge or doorway, but same problem.
This is why my husband hates moving. LOL.

Fabulous news and this made my day! :jive: Thank you for the wonderful update.
As I mentioned above, this morning 2 of the kittens were not there. Only the shut eyed one remained. First time I heard him/her crying, maybe because she/he is alone and even the momma wasn't there. It is really cold and windy so I tried to catch it but darn! That little animal is so fast. If the neighbors witnessed what I was doing outside, I think they were laughing at me secretely from their windows. Imagine being outran by a small blind animal!

I hope when I get back from work this morning that kitten would still be there, and that its siblings also return.

Jcatbird Jcatbird , how are you doing my friend? Hope everything is all ok.

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
It was raining when I came back from work yesterday. I placed a tray of wet food near their hiding place and this morning it was all eaten but today before I left work I only saw one kitten there, the shut-eyed one. Maybe the momma cat placed her babies again to a warmer location as it is really cold here now and the wind is brutal. It was all alone, and first time I heard it crying. I tried to catch it but darn, that kitty is sooo fast!! I don't know how he/she does it when its eyes are both shut. Amazing!
I think you've got to get her get used to your voice and footsteps. Better not let it be a habit for her to run away whenever you go near her else it'll be harder each time.

Maria Bayote

Top Cat
Purraise
I think you've got to get her get used to your voice and footsteps. Better not let it be a habit for her to run away whenever you go near her else it'll be harder each time.
Yes, I agree. I was impatient because I knew I had to act fast due to the weather outside. But I made a mistake. I under estimated her again. I hope that next time I post here I have already achieved what I planned for many days now. If only someone else would help me catch her...

Status
Not open for further replies.