My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama , happy Gotcha Day for you and Ruby! I understand about becoming a home.

Gracie's Gotcha Day Anniversary was yesterday, the 13th of November. In 2019 is when I brought her home. A lucky day for me 2 years ago! She is now 14 years old and ties with Waffles for Most Cuddly in this house.

GracieBlanket.jpg

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama , happy Gotcha Day for you and Ruby! I understand about becoming a home.

Gracie's Gotcha Day Anniversary was yesterday, the 13th of November. In 2019 is when I brought her home. A lucky day for me 2 years ago! She is now 14 years old and ties with Waffles for Most Cuddly in this house.

View attachment 401491
:heartshape:Bless you for opening your home and hearts to an older girl.:touched:Grace or Gracie were names being considered 5 yr ago prior to Gypsy letting us know her name.:bouquet:

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
Well, Tiffany is recovering in leaps and bounds. One night locked in with her kittens and she's the dutiful mama once more. Not so much baby-bashing as before her op, perhaps because I let her roam the house on her own whenever she likes. She runs up and down the stairs as if nothing has happened. Her eyes are no longer so prominent/bulging (perhaps there's now more flesh covering her bones). She's still a chicken junkie but I'll worry about that when she's put on a bit more weight. She won't leave Mogi, Emily and Katy in peace - they all disappear into boxes, igloos and other hideouts when she's around. It doesn't stop her swiping at them and growling when she discovers them. Woolly Bear, a BLH, just lies on her back when attacked as if to say, "What on earth has got into you?"

There is a plaster over her very small incision. It is slowly peeling away and there doesn't seem to be any reason for concern.

Today a young couple came to look at the kittens. They were interested in the 2 females but decided to take the male as well! On 3rd December, someone from the shelter will take the young cats to their new home. (I don't think I can bear to go with them). They will have been at least 12 weeks with their mama. I will need to get them microchipped and vaccinated before they go. They will be indoor only cats.

Now we will have to look for a suitable new home for Tiffany - she will need to have access to an enclosed garden or at the very least to a large safe balcony. She lashed out at my head today, caught me behind my ear while I was cleaning the litterboxes - so no young children for her. It may not be too easy to find an experienced cat-person, no children, no other cats - except perhaps a BSH who simply ignores her attempts to start a fight.

A cat like Woolly Bear would suit her fine - such an easy-going, uncomplicated ball of fluff, who was once a kitten-making-machine!!
View attachment 401465
:dance:So great they are taking all three! Happy Tiff is feeling better but shame on her for nailing you especially since you were cleaning the litter box :nono:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama , happy Gotcha Day for you and Ruby! I understand about becoming a home.

Awww... Ruby and Gracie share Gotcha Days! Gracie's 6 years after Ruby's though.

Happy belated Gotcha Day gorgeous Gracie. :hearthrob::catlove:

pearl99

Top Cat
Purraise
:heartshape:Bless you for opening your home and hearts to an older girl.:touched:Grace or Gracie were names being considered 5 yr ago prior to Gypsy letting us know her name.:bouquet:
Aww thanks. I'm only going to adopt senior cats from now on. Because not as many people adopt them plus I don't want to outlive my cats (but I'm not QUITE over the hill yet...👵 :winkcat:)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy belated Gotcha Day, sweet beauty Gracie!:party::party2::party3::jester::celebrate::jump: "Cuddly" would be one of the first words that come to mind, pearl99 pearl99 -- along with beautiful, lovely, soft....Thank you for your vote of confidence for mature cats! My most recently adopted is Elvis, adopted at 9 and now 14, and before him, Sammi, adopted at 14 and ascended at 21. Both were rehomed after friends told me about them needing new homes. Elvis is purring on my lap, trying to push my hand off the keyboard, and being his usual very helpful self. :petcat:
New photo by Jmuhj Acat
He's PURRsonality Plus!

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
Happy belated Gotcha Day, sweet beauty Gracie!:party::party2::party3::jester::celebrate::jump: "Cuddly" would be one of the first words that come to mind, pearl99 pearl99 -- along with beautiful, lovely, soft....Thank you for your vote of confidence for mature cats! My most recently adopted is Elvis, adopted at 9 and now 14, and before him, Sammi, adopted at 14 and ascended at 21. Both were rehomed after friends told me about them needing new homes. Elvis is purring on my lap, trying to push my hand off the keyboard, and being his usual very helpful self. :petcat:
New photo by Jmuhj Acat
He's PURRsonality Plus!
Quite the Come Hither and pet me look:catlove::loveeyes: :blush: :lol:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

View attachment 401491
Gracie is adorable and I love her name. I had a brother and sister that I named George and Gracie after the TV show. Happy Gotcha Day, Gracie.

pearl99

Top Cat
Purraise
Gracie is adorable and I love her name. I had a brother and sister that I named George and Gracie after the TV show. Happy Gotcha Day, Gracie.
Awwww. This was her name at the shelter, and it fits her. She’s a little grandma cat. And it reminds me of George Burns and Gracie Allen who my mom loved.

pearl99

Top Cat
Purraise
Now we will have to look for a suitable new home for Tiffany - she will need to have access to an enclosed garden or at the very least to a large safe balcony.
Sending vibes for someone to give this beauty a lovely home!

:heartshape:Bless you for opening your home and hearts to an older girl.:touched:
Quite the Come Hither and pet me look:catlove::loveeyes: :blush: :lol:
Thank you. She is quite to love bug. She does rule the home, despite being just 7 pounds and the others almost double her weight!! They totally defer to her.

"Cuddly" would be one of the first words that come to mind, pearl99 pearl99 pearl99 pearl99 -- along with beautiful, lovely, soft....Thank you for your vote of confidence for mature cats!
You're welcome. Ziggy is 15 years old, and has been here for 18 months, through my neighbors' son who died suddenly.

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww thanks. I'm only going to adopt senior cats from now on. Because not as many people adopt them plus I don't want to outlive my cats (but I'm not QUITE over the hill yet...👵 :winkcat:)
I'm perhaps already over the hill, so no more young cats for me. My youngest is 4 - but my daughters, and grandchildren and their girlfriends are going to fight over taking care of her, when I'm gone. Mogi (nearly 15) and Katy (9) will be allowed to stay in the house with my daughter and family - but no-one wants Emily - I can't think why - so I'm going to have to live a few more years to prevent her from going back to the shelter.

I hope Tiffany finds a responsible new owner. I think she's just not used to being with other animals. Living outdoors, every other cat or dog was a threat to her food supply. Yesterday was a bad day for her. I help out at a local surgery, which has been closed for 2 weeks, so for her, out of the blue, I had to leave her in the small room with her kittens for 6 hours after lunch. I would usually let her out in the afternoon when my cats are sleepy but had to let her loose in the morning.
She spent about 30 minutes playing with or being watched by 4 cats. Things went well until she lost her nerve and started growling and attacking. When I came home from work and let her out, both she and the kittens were wild! Today, things are back to normal!

Yesterday morning - can I play, too?
1637086253839.png

You may!
1637086426339.png

Now, I've had enough - take me back to my room!
Tiffany (2).jpg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm perhaps already over the hill, so no more young cats for me. My youngest is 4 - but my daughters, and grandchildren and their girlfriends are going to fight over taking care of her, when I'm gone. Mogi (nearly 15) and Katy (9) will be allowed to stay in the house with my daughter and family - but no-one wants Emily - I can't think why - so I'm going to have to live a few more years to prevent her from going back to the shelter.

I hope Tiffany finds a responsible new owner. I think she's just not used to being with other animals. Living outdoors, every other cat or dog was a threat to her food supply. Yesterday was a bad day for her. I help out at a local surgery, which has been closed for 2 weeks, so for her, out of the blue, I had to leave her in the small room with her kittens for 6 hours after lunch. I would usually let her out in the afternoon when my cats are sleepy but had to let her loose in the morning.
She spent about 30 minutes playing with or being watched by 4 cats. Things went well until she lost her nerve and started growling and attacking. When I came home from work and let her out, both she and the kittens were wild! Today, things are back to normal!

Yesterday morning - can I play, too?
View attachment 401650

You may!
View attachment 401651

Now, I've had enough - take me back to my room!
View attachment 401661
Why on earth would anyone "not want" Emily??? That's just WRONG!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.