My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Omg! The babies that were due to be euthanized are safe! I just saw pictures and got an update. All the work everyone put in over the lifetime of these kittens and the frantic rush of the past couple of days has resulted in a safe home for them and a ton of love. @Lil Dude Has started a true foster adventure. She has posted pictures of the rescued babies! They are so cute! Who can resist a kitten face!?!! I am so tickled to see them! They are alive because of all the people involved and because she took them in despite the fact that she is still in school. I know it will be difficult for her but I also know the amount of effort she will put into this rescue. I hope everyone will give her a huge gold star and be supportive and helpful with advice. I know I will be there for her. She will help provide a great future for TCS!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Fantastic update!!!! I made appeals yesterday for help for a post from @catsknowme . Do you guys remember @Lil Dude ? To the rescue! The kitties will not die today! Lil Dude stepped up to the plate even though she is young and still in school. We are now trying to support her in this. I am hoping to find many supporters for this young person. Applause for her and the entire chain of people who have kept this beautiful mom and kittens from being euthanized today
Oh, that's fantastic news! I'm so glad you were able to save those kittens.

:clap::clap2::clap::clap2::clap::clap::clap2::clap::clap2::clap::clap2::clap::clap2::clap::clap2::clap:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, that's fantastic news! I'm so glad you were able to save those kittens.

:clap::clap2::clap::clap2::clap::clap::clap2::clap::clap2::clap::clap2::clap::clap2::clap::clap2::clap:
Actually I just hooked up a couple of other people. It was a chain of linked hands that passed the kitties to a safe place. The person at one end started the rescue and the person at the other end has them now. You are the one who first started me helping others. You are part of the chain. Thank you! Many people on this site are connected to this. The people directly involved with the kitties and all the people who have kept the rest of us going. I am grateful to everyone who has ever responded to me here and the ones who silently read, purraise or pm. A round of applause for you all from me! :clap2::touched:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just a final note for tonight. To all the quiet ones and supportive people in the background who are pulling for good things but choose to do it in their own way, I am posting this for you. I am aware that you are there and I am grateful. My heart goes out to all. Thank you!
I will post no more tonight as my eyes have done their best for me the past two nights. I owe them some time off for good behaviour! Lol They are tired.
All the cats here are fine. I will give updates on all tomorrow. Tonight belongs to some kitties who are settling in to a safe harbor. I had an update and talked to the foster. The mom and babies have already calmed from their unsettling travel. Babies are now exploring and I think they all got s nice wa bath. I know they are getting lots of attention and love. Mom will be enjoying a special meal too. Welcome to the mom and babies. Thank you to all who send good vibes their way. Me too!:vibes:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 I hope you are following all of this. You linked all the right people. Kudos! Without the proper links who knows how this would have ended. When you messaged me I didn’t know if I could do anything but everyone joining together was the key. Major hugs to you!
One more shout out. This rescue took place from one side of this country to the other through the TCS website. How great it that? Anne Anne Yay! :clap2: :redheartpump:
This isn't the first time that this sort of thing has happened here, and I am sure it will not be the last. All I did was try to start linking some people together. Nudged that ball to start it rolling. What a wonderful place TCS is, and what wonderful people "live" here!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone! I am going to be hopping. I have to move cats. Ac for one building is down. All must be moved. They don’t agree. Lol I am really tired and it is pouring rain. My eyes gave out last night so I am trying to put everything into the cat move tonight as well as supporting the new foster mom. I will try to come back tonight but if I don’t you will know I am wet and caring cat carriers. Lol wish me speedy catching! Smile because if you could see me now it would be hilarious! Kind of have that wet dishrag look!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird , you and @Lil Dude are saints. May you be many, many times blessed for this most important work you are doing to save these most precious lives. May the move go well and may you make time to rest your eyes. I know what that's like. I'm sure you're the kind of positive person who knows that keeping yourself healthy is necessary to keep those you love safe and healthy. All the very BEST to you. *PRAYERS*

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Thank you! :heartshape:Giving it all I’ve got.
You're a HERO in my book, Jcatbird Jcatbird ! @Lil Dude too! I'm not much on "celebs", but people like you should be lauded, feted and awarded IMHO. Of course, the reward for this work is far more precious than anything given to those people. But $$$ would sure help, realistically. If societies rewarded people according to their true worth, you'd be rollin' in it!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You're a HERO in my book, Jcatbird Jcatbird ! @Lil Dude too! I'm not much on "celebs", but people like you should be lauded, feted and awarded IMHO. Of course, the reward for this work is far more precious than anything given to those people. But $$$ would sure help, realistically. If societies rewarded people according to their true worth, you'd be rollin' in it!
You are very kind! The kitties are far more precious than anything monetary. Their lives count! But, You just gave me the biggest chuckle I have had in days. It would be so much easier if I was rolling in $$$ instead of shed kitty fur! I would build a great place for the kitties! And I would fix that AC instead of moving happy kitties. They like where they are. I will be working on that again tomorrow. Had to shift cats in this building first to make space for the others. Cat chaos! The ones here have already started to settle. I managed to move one from the other building but the lightning scared me and them. I am going to try and catch some rest tonight and start fresh in the morning before it gets hot. Got fans set up tonight. I am supposed to be writing a paper to try and help the county get grant money. Cat safety first.
Thank you for the super sweet compliments. As you know, we all really just do this out of love. :catlove:That is the reward. I admit that sometimes I do get tired. A helper would be nice. An extra pair of hands and younger eyes. My wants are the simple ones. The kitties would probably have much better ideas. Maybe cat trees in every corner, a room with a grass and sand floor, catnip pillows to sleep on, tuna and chicken at every meal and a barrel of mice. :lol::dancingblackcat::purr:
My Mackie loves that last part. My laughing cat is grinning again!
2458B9EF-B8E8-4D4D-AC47-468793961EA6.jpeg

Did you say a barrel of mice? Lol He does love mouse jokes!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One quick cute note on the rescues at foster care. The mom Is now following her new foster around like a puppy. The bonds are forming well and fast. Li Dude is keeping me well informed and the pictures of the kitties are precious. I can see why everyone along the line was so desperate to save them. Of course, who can ignore any kitty face? There is a silver tabby that has eyes that melt my heart. :redheartpump:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Calling all rescuers or possible fosters! Tift County Georgia is euthanizing all cats. Shut down adoptions. Rescuers can pull and fosters needed. @catknowme can link you. It’s on Facebook too. The few we just saved are not enough. :bawling2:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Calling all rescuers or possible fosters! Tift County Georgia is euthanizing all cats. Shut down adoptions. Rescuers can pull and fosters needed. @catknowme can link you. It’s on Facebook too. The few we just saved are not enough. :bawling2:
Any hyperlink to this? (Never mind; I found this: Friends of Tift County Animal Shelter & Save Our Pets) For those involved in advocating, you can scroll down on the page to the post about the cats and share.

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's a wonderful group in Atlanta that do TNR for ferals. Here's their facebook page link: Sterling Davis IDK if they could hook you up with anyone close to your location but it's worth a try?
I found the link to the Friends of TCAS' page on facebook: Friends of Tift County Animal Shelter & Save Our Pets

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are very kind! The kitties are far more precious than anything monetary. Their lives count! But, You just gave me the biggest chuckle I have had in days. It would be so much easier if I was rolling in $$$ instead of shed kitty fur! I would build a great place for the kitties! And I would fix that AC instead of moving happy kitties. They like where they are. I will be working on that again tomorrow. Had to shift cats in this building first to make space for the others. Cat chaos! The ones here have already started to settle. I managed to move one from the other building but the lightning scared me and them. I am going to try and catch some rest tonight and start fresh in the morning before it gets hot. Got fans set up tonight. I am supposed to be writing a paper to try and help the county get grant money. Cat safety first.
Thank you for the super sweet compliments. As you know, we all really just do this out of love. :catlove:That is the reward. I admit that sometimes I do get tired. A helper would be nice. An extra pair of hands and younger eyes. My wants are the simple ones. The kitties would probably have much better ideas. Maybe cat trees in every corner, a room with a grass and sand floor, catnip pillows to sleep on, tuna and chicken at every meal and a barrel of mice. :lol::dancingblackcat::purr:
My Mackie loves that last part. My laughing cat is grinning again!
View attachment 249053
Did you say a barrel of mice? Lol He does love mouse jokes!
Yeah, that's the only reason I'd ever want to be wealthy, too -- think of all the amazing work that could be done and the numbers of cats who could be saved! If the multi-billionaires out there -- and we all know who they are -- would get involved just a LITTLE bit, we could truly alleviate the problem and end the issue of "too many" homeless cats. We could make cats so treasured, by making sure all were spayed/neutered except for a small number. That's my lifelong dream.
I empathize! In the Mojave, we had our 10 indoor cats and our 12 barn compound cats. We had a portable swamp cooler and a mister for them during hot weather, and an oil heater for cold weather. We were insulating the 2 barn stalls that were their indoor quarters. It would have been a really comfortable habitat for them.
IMG_0082.JPG
IMG_0209.JPG
IMG_0219.JPG
IMG_0227.JPG
IMG_0229.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.