My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday was a bit warmer and rainy here. It was nice that it wasn’t as chilly. I was giving the kitties lots of playtime and we got lots of....

Happy tails!!!!
It’s a Whistle....
View attachment 306987
And Mom Mitsy. You sure can see the family resemblance!
View attachment 306988
I look like Dad too!
View attachment 306989
Bonjure! Fluffy happy tail.
View attachment 306990
Yes Whistle, you have the perkiest happy tail. You don’t need fluff. You’re beautiful.
View attachment 306992
Ha. A quivering Muffin happy tail.
View attachment 306993
Whistle is right. He looks like BJ too.
View attachment 306994
Purry made sure that Whistle knows he’s beautiful.
View attachment 306995
Just then I heard a noise. Well!
View attachment 307009
Hey Froggie! It’s finally warm enough for you to come out of the frog house.
View attachment 307010
Where’s Banjo? She’s been missing you.
View attachment 307011
Banjo! Company! Get out of bed.
View attachment 307013
Who is it? Froggie hasn’t been meeting me lately.
View attachment 307014
You said he’ll be back when it’s warmer.
View attachment 307015
It’s rainy Mom.
View attachment 307016
Oh!
View attachment 307017
Mom! Hold me up!
View attachment 307018
Higher.
View attachment 307020
Here mom!
View attachment 307021
Froggie!
View attachment 307023
Oh Froggie, I’ve been lonely without you!
View attachment 307025
I’m so happy to see you. I hope it gets warm a lot! I love you Froggie.
View attachment 307026
I love you too Banjo. I’ll be just outside the door.
View attachment 307027
Don’t worry Froggie, I’ll wait for you.
View attachment 307028
I’ll be back every time it gets warm. Sending chirps and peeps Banjo.View attachment 307037

We were both happy to see Froggie. I kept the light on to help him and the other Froggies to stay warm and catch some bugs. Banjo has been having happy zoomies all day today. It did my heart good to see the love continued. Banjo always has the sweetest expressions on her face when Froggie is here. I think Froggie does too! :lol:
Happy tails and toes. 🐸:bicolorcat:
The magic always just around the next corner. :kitty:

Have a great night everyone. Sending purrs, chirps and peeps tonight. :heartshape:
Awww, always a treat to see Banjo and Froggie Prince tete-a-tete! *They were obviously meant for each other!* :hearthrob: :redheartpump:
Tarifa also loves to munch on hair. I sometimes wake up to the sound of her munching and have to extricate it from her greedy mouth. "Not good for cats!" I tell her. She just goes about her business patiently, knowing there'll always be another opPURRtunity. :cutecat:

That's great about your fish. There is a type of toad that burrows under the earth during the winter and freezes. Their hearts actually stop and they are in torpor. When the thaw comes, they come to life again. Your fish must be related to them!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Tarifa! :lol: Kodiak likes to get above me and pull my hair. She sometimes gets a mouthful but it’s in play. That could cause an unusual hairball. Lol Maybe Tarifa likes your shampoo.

It was really nice to see Froggie. He’s taken up living under the pink beach rug that is against the back door. He goes into the old kitty house when it’s colder. He’s staying as close to Banjo as he can get. It’s really sweet. Banjo was so happy to see him again. :redheartpump::redheartpump: Pretty amazing.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Bj doesn’t want Hekitty to miss anything.
Oh, all I have to do is shout, "HEK! BJ TIME!" and she comes and sits on the arm of my chair (if I'm in the living room) or the edge of the desk (if I'm in the office).

You'll enjoy this...today when I put lunch out for the outsiders, I noticed something sticking out of the Secret Feral Shelter. I took a closer look, and apparently one of the kittens decided that the body heat reflecting pad I put in there should be taken with them when they left! It wouldn't fit through the opening, thank goodness, so I opened it up, and got the bed remade! Little rascals! But it's good to know that the shelter is being used on a regular basis.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, all I have to do is shout, "HEK! BJ TIME!" and she comes and sits on the arm of my chair (if I'm in the living room) or the edge of the desk (if I'm in the office).

You'll enjoy this...today when I put lunch out for the outsiders, I noticed something sticking out of the Secret Feral Shelter. I took a closer look, and apparently one of the kittens decided that the body heat reflecting pad I put in there should be taken with them when they left! It wouldn't fit through the opening, thank goodness, so I opened it up, and got the bed remade! Little rascals! But it's good to know that the shelter is being used on a regular basis.
The culprit probably got a claw caught in it. This happens here sometimes with textiles.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All it takes around here to have some excitement is opening the door! Lol I found a very cold lizard laying on the door mat. I came in to put warm water in a jar to provide a hot water bottle for him. After he regained some warmth he decided to come back inside with me. Oh no! Where did he go?

You let it in?
3FE64AE1-90EC-4A9F-8C3B-9030EC2BA90D.jpeg

It’s here. We saw it!
A7A203AF-CF9C-47FC-81C0-7AEEB2360628.jpeg

Can I have it?
63C6A244-78BB-4E45-B882-DFB4EC3C6C89.jpeg

Kitties, don’t hurt it. Not a toy!
26AA1ADE-8A3A-4B76-B711-1C1949BD325F.jpeg

It looks a little like Froggie mom!
9FC945E8-D457-40BD-BAA9-3D0CF614CA7C.jpeg

Help me find it kitties!
49F7E6DA-618B-4B08-89A6-272D93DE3C9D.jpeg

Looking!
75918503-38F8-4F84-B93E-3D8693462824.jpeg

Is it a friend to Froggie?
B8A6FFFF-AD2E-46BE-88C0-A964F8DB99F0.jpeg

I want it to go back out with Froggie.
1BC863A8-F7B0-48F8-B61A-197DFBC66AD1.jpeg

Anybody see it?
99DDBA4A-CC04-455D-B659-C65D7C31E096.jpeg

Muffin found it and brought it to me!
0C3FAA73-EEC5-4CB3-9AA1-751D0DDB9488.jpeg

Good girl Muffin. She dropped it right into my hand.
F8103EAA-C9EF-48DB-94AA-B71CDB84C18B.jpeg

Whistle wants to see!
EBE608A8-B702-4AB4-966D-088CBF071BC3.jpeg

Show me Mom!
EC47DCF1-F042-407A-8C41-B285D739EA02.jpeg

Oh.....
D393D6D4-7E5A-455B-809A-C3997DC6307B.jpeg

I’m not scared of that creature Mom. It doesn’t have bunny ears.
E2824A1F-3491-4A69-AF29-3C14D20EE015.jpeg

You got it?
3B51770D-D1B8-4459-B9D3-A20742EB1898.jpeg

Is it okay?
120FE849-9871-424E-B68B-D9ADED59837D.jpeg

Poor little guy. Can you help him?
B8C12E53-FB5D-415A-BF2A-B055510C7B29.jpeg

He’s okay BJ. He has a blanket, hot water bottle and is back out near a porch light.
Sweet boy BJ!
44979DD9-0E9B-48A0-95F6-C4093E149D34.jpeg

These cats seem very concerned about other living creatures of all kinds. Muffin immediately brought me the lizard and she held it very gently. Not a mark on him. As soon as I put him under the edge of the blanket he climbed on the lid of his hot water bottle. He’s still pretty cold but I held him until he warmed up. When I found him I thought he was already gone but just incapacitated by his cold blood. He was warm water to drink and a warm place to stay. I placed everything over a very large flower pot full of plants so he has a new place to live in safety. I’ll be checking on him from now on. A frog at the back and lizard at the front with kitties in the middle. What more could we need? :flail: 🐸:bicolorcat:🦎

Have a great and warm night everyone! :heartshape:
Dreams of safe Kitties, Froggies and Lizards.
2A9AE3B3-5032-43A3-B6ED-A764BE9655B2.jpeg

tnrmakessense

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
All it takes around here to have some excitement is opening the door! Lol I found a very cold lizard laying on the door mat. I came in to put warm water in a jar to provide a hot water bottle for him. After he regained some warmth he decided to come back inside with me. Oh no! Where did he go?

You let it in?
View attachment 307165
It’s here. We saw it!
View attachment 307166
Can I have it?
View attachment 307167
Kitties, don’t hurt it. Not a toy!
View attachment 307168
It looks a little like Froggie mom!
View attachment 307169
Help me find it kitties!
View attachment 307170
Looking!
View attachment 307171
Is it a friend to Froggie?
View attachment 307172
I want it to go back out with Froggie.
View attachment 307173
Anybody see it?
View attachment 307174
Muffin found it and brought it to me!
View attachment 307175
Good girl Muffin. She dropped it right into my hand.
View attachment 307176
Whistle wants to see!
View attachment 307177
Show me Mom!
View attachment 307178
Oh.....
View attachment 307179
I’m not scared of that creature Mom. It doesn’t have bunny ears.
View attachment 307180
You got it?
View attachment 307181
Is it okay?
View attachment 307182
Poor little guy. Can you help him?
View attachment 307183
He’s okay BJ. He has a blanket, hot water bottle and is back out near a porch light.
Sweet boy BJ!
View attachment 307185
These cats seem very concerned about other living creatures of all kinds. Muffin immediately brought me the lizard and she held it very gently. Not a mark on him. As soon as I put him under the edge of the blanket he climbed on the lid of his hot water bottle. He’s still pretty cold but I held him until he warmed up. When I found him I thought he was already gone but just incapacitated by his cold blood. He was warm water to drink and a warm place to stay. I placed everything over a very large flower pot full of plants so he has a new place to live in safety. I’ll be checking on him from now on. A frog at the back and lizard at the front with kitties in the middle. What more could we need? :flail: 🐸:bicolorcat:🦎

Have a great and warm night everyone! :heartshape:
Dreams of safe Kitties, Froggies and Lizards.
View attachment 307187
You and your gang are such good "people". I love that you all saved the lizard ! The world needs millions more like you !!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You and your gang are such good "people". I love that you all saved the lizard ! The world needs millions more like you !!
Awww! Thank you. I’m kind of amazed that Muffin was so gentle. She brought the little one straight to me as though she totally understood that the lizard was needing help. Poor lizard! I’m sure it must have been frightened at being picked up by a mouth! I think being cold probably kept it from trying to get away and getting pinched. It was a happy ending. I was really worried about finding it before anything happened or it got lost in the house but, maybe it wants to be a house lizard! :lol: It didn’t seem at all feral so perhaps it’s a stray? I’m sure we’ll be visiting with it often.
One of the great things about TCS is that we all share our stories and the love. There are lots of people here like you and like me. We’ll just keep spreading it around to those millions. :heartshape:

tnrmakessense

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Awww! Thank you. I’m kind of amazed that Muffin was so gentle. She brought the little one straight to me as though she totally understood that the lizard was needing help. Poor lizard! I’m sure it must have been frightened at being picked up by a mouth! I think being cold probably kept it from trying to get away and getting pinched. It was a happy ending. I was really worried about finding it before anything happened or it got lost in the house but, maybe it wants to be a house lizard! :lol: It didn’t seem at all feral so perhaps it’s a stray? I’m sure we’ll be visiting with it often.
One of the great things about TCS is that we all share our stories and the love. There are lots of people here like you and like me. We’ll just keep spreading it around to those millions. :heartshape:
Muffin is an amazing kitty. And you are an amazing "mommy". And yes, thank goodness for TCS. I'd be in the nut house without it.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was visiting a place that had some young llamas and I was feeding them treats
I love llamas. I hope I can make it to one of the NY fairs this summer to see them. 🦙🦙🦙

The magic always just around the next corner.
I hope so! 🌟

The culprit probably got a claw caught in it. This happens here sometimes with textiles.
Talking about claws. My brother sent me the cutest cat shirt and Demi ripped it within 2 seconds! It smelled like catnip because of the toys in the box for them. So Demi ran right over to it and jumped on it. His claws are razor sharp! I could just cry. Is there some type of patch I could buy? I can't sew. I'm wearing it right now anyway, because I like it so much, but the rip looks stupid.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi You can get iron on patches that would go in the underside of the rip. You can buy thick ones for denim and something that used to be called stitch witchery that is thinner and more flexible.
I’m so sorry it got ripped. I wear older clothes with the cats or a tough over shirt to protect clothing. With this bunch I’ve had lots of pin holes and tears. Ya never know when a kitty might want to make biscuits in your lap. I hope you can fix it.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love llamas. I hope I can make it to one of the NY fairs this summer to see them. 🦙🦙🦙

I hope so! 🌟

Talking about claws. My brother sent me the cutest cat shirt and Demi ripped it within 2 seconds! It smelled like catnip because of the toys in the box for them. So Demi ran right over to it and jumped on it. His claws are razor sharp! I could just cry. Is there some type of patch I could buy? I can't sew. I'm wearing it right now anyway, because I like it so much, but the rip looks stupid.
Well, I think you CAN sew, though, M maggiedemi . You can do almost anything you set your mind to.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Funny that your latest installment featured a lizard! I hadn't seen any lizards around here for a long time, when this happened:

This is half adorable and half kind of concerning. I was on the phone yesterday and I noticed Elvis running through the room with something in his mouth. Then he dropped it and it went running across the floor. Wanting to stop him from swallowing a bug, which is what I thought he'd caught, I ran over to where the catch was, only to find it was a small, young lizard, who was promptly snatched up again by the Blue Jaws of Doom and taken on a frantic run down the hall. I told my phone call I might have to put the phone down, and went up to where Elvis had stopped, asking him to please drop the lizard. I had to work on him a bit, but he did drop the little guy and I immediately caught him or her and proceeded to deposit him/her in a flowerbed on the patio. (S)he seemed okay -- all limbs and tail accounted for, and I didn't see any puncture wounds before (s)he ran away under a plant. I love lizards! so I was really happy to have rescued this one from poor, frustrated, deprived Elvis.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can get iron on patches that would go in the underside of the rip.
Thanks, I'll look for the patches. I wasn't wearing the shirt at the time. Demi ran over, jumped on it and sliced it. Anyway, I'll email you later. I got 3 lectures on 3 different threads today. Lectures are for the birds. It's time for me to fly. :reddragonfly::reddragonfly::bluedragonfly::bluedragonfly:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Is there some type of patch I could buy?
Yep, as jcatbird mentioned, - and I'm able to sew but hate doing fixit type stitching which is to say that I only like things like embroidery and cross-stitch type stitching LOL, so I always make sure I have iron on patches in the house :thumbsup:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi I hope you can find the iron on patches. Sewing a rip in some types of fabrics isn’t going to be very efficient anyway. T-shirt fabric is a tough fix. The patch would make it less visible from the outside. Please stick with us like the iron on patches. You have our full support. Lady did something you will want to see. I think she did it to make you smile.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 A lizard? That was coincidental. Did we send out lizard vibes? 🦎 Whoops! If anyone else sees a lizard..... Banjo did it, not me!
Elvis wasn’t really going to eat it. It was a rescue! :lol: No dents? Must be true then. We’ll think of it that way anyway. Good boy Elvis? He just needed to warm it up first before he let you have it. Maybe the kitties get too many ideas from reading over your shoulder.:lol:
I’m very glad the lizard ran off. They are much tougher than they look. Little dinosaurs.

Furballsmom Furballsmom Those patches are great. The fusible webbing like Stitch Witchery is great for lighter fabrics and the last time I looked you could get it in different weights in order to match the type fabric you are patching. I have lots of friends who try to sew but just can’t get it to look even. Doing decorative embroidery type of sewing is much more pleasant to me as well. I used to make things for Sarah by machine and enjoyed that but I find the sewing machines made now aren’t nearly as nice as the older ones. The new ones are mostly plastic parts unless you get a commercial grade machine. Even then......They do lots of tricks though!
My Grandmother has a fabulous old Singer. Easy to work on if anything was out of wack.

Status
Not open for further replies.