My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Do you ever have to pull up at the last second to avoid sitting in a cat? Fortunately no one was squished!
Not sure if that was a rhetorical question or not, but yes, I have. In the winter time, I wrap a throw around me when I'm at the computer. One has a light beige on one side. Once I'd left it on my chair with the beige side up. I came back to sit down and as my butt lowered, I felt a soft little clump. Yup, Miss Ruby had found the throw! Fortunately I pulled up before she got squished. :biggrin:

Scratch and Nine seem to very bonded.
Baby armadillos could be really cute.
Should you be looking into setting up TNR for armadillos. ;)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It’s been a long and mosquito filled day. I’ve been working on the exterior of the house. We have a few cooler days and I was hoping that would help with the bugs. ;) Maybe it did! Itching!

The kitties have decided I should have more company inside. Or maybe they just claim the sofa! Every time I came in to cool off today, when I sat down, a cat beat me to the spot. Lol Do you ever have to pull up at the last second to avoid sitting in a cat? Fortunately no one was squished!

Banjo and Whistle spent today enjoying the nicer weather. Play time for everyone!View attachment 294948 Whistle is still a big kitten at heart. He loves his toys. After play time Whistle went to enjoy the view out the sunroom. He claimed the spot by the door but Banjo has ideas!
View attachment 294940
I want this spot too!
View attachment 294941
Maybe Whistle won’t notice.
View attachment 294942
What does Banjo think she’s doing? Like I won’t notice?
View attachment 294943
Heh! There’s a fee to join me Banjo.
You have to take a kiss....
View attachment 294945
And then you owe one back.
View attachment 294946
Paid in full!
View attachment 294947
Awww, don’t look so grouchy. You know you loved it!:kitty:
View attachment 294944
:lol: She really did! They spent the next hour together enjoying the spot.
They had plenty to watch!

Company approaching’
View attachment 294949
This time they came together.
View attachment 294951
View attachment 294952
View attachment 294953
These two certainly don’t seem scared of me.
View attachment 294954
Not only did they see me,
View attachment 294955
They seemed to greet me before...
View attachment 294956
Coming to check the ground beside my leg! Note the edge of my jeans in the bottom right corner!
View attachment 294957
:flail:I think I was a bit more surprised than they were! I was kneeling on the ground to get the photos. Hello Dillos!
The cats thoroughly checked me out when I came back inside. BJ was not pleased with my encounter but Mitsy thinks that we should be kind to others outside. We girls agree on that!

Mom! You let those things near you!
View attachment 294959
I’m glad you let them have their family here Mom. We girls have to watch out for each other. Sorry BJ!
View attachment 294958
High five Mom!
View attachment 294960
I think BJ understood that he was out voted this time. Who knows, maybe if BJ sees babies, he’ll want to protect them too.:flail:
Have a high five night everyone! :cloud9:
Beautiful photos of some gorgeous cats in a beautiful, serene, calm room -- and the smorgasbord is beautifully displayed for all!
The dillo duo are adorable, too. It's wonderful that they are so confident.

Buffster7

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It’s been a long and mosquito filled day. I’ve been working on the exterior of the house. We have a few cooler days and I was hoping that would help with the bugs. ;) Maybe it did! Itching!

The kitties have decided I should have more company inside. Or maybe they just claim the sofa! Every time I came in to cool off today, when I sat down, a cat beat me to the spot. Lol Do you ever have to pull up at the last second to avoid sitting in a cat? Fortunately no one was squished!

Banjo and Whistle spent today enjoying the nicer weather. Play time for everyone!View attachment 294948 Whistle is still a big kitten at heart. He loves his toys. After play time Whistle went to enjoy the view out the sunroom. He claimed the spot by the door but Banjo has ideas!
View attachment 294940
I want this spot too!
View attachment 294941
Maybe Whistle won’t notice.
View attachment 294942
What does Banjo think she’s doing? Like I won’t notice?
View attachment 294943
Heh! There’s a fee to join me Banjo.
You have to take a kiss....
View attachment 294945
And then you owe one back.
View attachment 294946
Paid in full!
View attachment 294947
Awww, don’t look so grouchy. You know you loved it!:kitty:
View attachment 294944
:lol: She really did! They spent the next hour together enjoying the spot.
They had plenty to watch!

Company approaching’
View attachment 294949
This time they came together.
View attachment 294951
View attachment 294952
View attachment 294953
These two certainly don’t seem scared of me.
View attachment 294954
Not only did they see me,
View attachment 294955
They seemed to greet me before...
View attachment 294956
Coming to check the ground beside my leg! Note the edge of my jeans in the bottom right corner!
View attachment 294957
:flail:I think I was a bit more surprised than they were! I was kneeling on the ground to get the photos. Hello Dillos!
The cats thoroughly checked me out when I came back inside. BJ was not pleased with my encounter but Mitsy thinks that we should be kind to others outside. We girls agree on that!

Mom! You let those things near you!
View attachment 294959
I’m glad you let them have their family here Mom. We girls have to watch out for each other. Sorry BJ!
View attachment 294958
High five Mom!
View attachment 294960
I think BJ understood that he was out voted this time. Who knows, maybe if BJ sees babies, he’ll want to protect them too.:flail:
Have a high five night everyone! :cloud9:
Looove this!! The pics of Banjo and Whistle, too! Do your cats all get along for the most part? Ever have tussles?

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@dustydiamond1 You are always welcome to come and visit the Dillos! It rained a lot today and I didn’t see them but I’m sure they were around. I am being careful not to scare them though. When frightened they rocket straight up! I don’t care to be downed by a Dillo. :lol: They really are cute little creatures. They look like a cross between a bunny and a turtle. I really would like to see a baby Dillo. The nice thing about spending a lot of time outdoors is that I have been able to see a lot of natural beauty over the years.

Oh. If anyone thinks a Dillo isn’t beautiful .... lol.... I bet their Moms think they are. I suppose beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I just tend to behold a lot. :lol:

rubysmama rubysmama I really was wondering if others have trouble with seat stealing kitties. :p Mine do it constantly! I’ve started getting in the habit of making sure I have a clear runway to land!

I might look into TNR for Armadillos but I think my vet might quit if I showed up with one. Can you imagine the look they would give me?:flail:I can hear the conversation now....”Poor old woman is really having vision problems!”

Hopefully they won’t take over the area. We have a wide variety of wildlife here but I think their greatest risk is the highway. My land is bordered on two sides by roads so maybe they will stay in the wooded areas. They are just coming into the grassy areas to feed for a little while. Kind of like bunnies. Uh oh! :lolup: Four babies every time!

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 It is nice to see the kitties in a safe and serene place now. After the rough start they had, they certainly deserve it.

The Dillo confidence is nice. They do have three predators here that I know of but I haven’t had a Bobcat on the place yet. The Raccoons and hawks may not bother adults. There is very good cover for them in this area too. They seem to cross the open areas when I am present. They may understand that human presence keeps others away. Maybe they see me as a good creature. :)

Buffster7 Buffster7 Good question! Do my kitties get along? Heh! Like all siblings, we have a little fuss every now and then. Precious is the most territorial about everything. He likes to chase Smokey and Purry the most. Purry is the male who loves everyone and is the gentle, third to oldest.(Purry is also the house peace keeper in most cases. He kisses anyone who argues. It’s hard to fight with a big pink tongue washing your face.) Smokey is the oldest female and fluff girl. Precious does get a “Time Out,” if he gets really worked up. He retreats to his house on his own 99% of the time. If he doesn’t then I just carry him there and he is content to be where he owns the world. He really just gets over excited and wants to get the attention focus. There are three males that have more limited contact with the other kitties but this is because they are very large and a little less predictable. With a touch of ,possible, Bengal and the ability to really tower over the others, I just monitor their contact. They have never hurt any kitty but they play rough and without knowing their own strength. Each kitty is different. Some kitties are more involved with community activities and some prefer to stick to a smaller group of friends. ;) It did take time to allow them all to get to this point but they show each other a huge amount of affection. The interaction between them is truly amazing. If any cat is in distress, it registers with them all. We’ve never had a single serious fight. Cats are great!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had some fun tonight! :kitty:I was just sitting in the kitty room to enjoy the night with everyone when suddenly....

Look over at Banjo!
E1DC019A-4F97-44E3-968D-E690B1D8A849.jpeg

What is it Banjo?
4F939061-9EA8-4878-9F45-A9143535A9B9.jpeg

Do you see Froggie?
CC9D77F0-3DD1-4246-BC67-F716D7090AE4.jpeg

Over here?
F8259303-28AB-40D5-9931-4E5D5DF43798.jpeg

Something over there?
35B939F3-4BBB-42BC-AD57-0C48C519D470.jpeg

What? I don’t see anything!
50E15397-6122-42E5-B247-5F9F5BCF6480.jpeg

Follow my nose Mom!
8336A52E-5BCB-4113-AE42-074BC019C492.jpeg

Aw c’ mom Mom! Staring right at it!
0711ECC9-7D54-4E66-BA08-A093CD8435EB.jpeg

I’m gonna get it!
707F116F-8A42-41E6-8C86-4972CF2F8FCB.jpeg

Huh! Missed.
8D09F4B9-8E9E-420F-8BFC-793E2C2DFE90.jpeg

See it now?
DF3D0BE5-AD28-4AE0-835E-53E879B4C05E.jpeg

Pointing right at it!
FDE5D68F-16A7-46D2-8094-8E62598F2244.jpeg

Over there....
BDE6DE7C-9E2F-457F-B044-CC04FE30F115.jpeg

Going up....
DA372848-4B76-4AA8-9C74-AF72C1FEAC83.jpeg

A little higher....
2C15BBA3-7F0D-414B-BE65-83CBE5432511.jpeg

Back and up.....
536ADCAD-4B64-472F-8F5D-F266569AEB7D.jpeg

And away!!!!! Wheeee! That was fun!
4BC7F779-F0F4-4608-BCDC-47572286D5E6.jpeg

Wha??????
5958B065-5093-4AAC-8A85-2AD486FFAF60.jpeg

What was that? I’ll have to get it with the camera.
C9C7EBCD-C9D5-4C1C-A506-D33073DB0172.jpeg

A bird at night! Hummingbird?
684C3361-645A-423F-A308-5CA3E760D730.jpeg

Ohhhhh! Kitties! A hummingbird moth!
52327043-8B30-468D-814F-E2FA2B48616F.jpeg

It’s hard being a human ,isn’t it Mom?
4F35601D-4DAE-4E47-9B6C-557C82412F5F.jpeg

:lol: There’s nothing more humbling than the pity of a cat! Thank you for caring so much Banjo! Thank you for helping me to see.

Have a great night/morning everyone!:redheartpump:

Buffster7

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Do my kitties get along? Heh! Like all siblings, we have a little fuss every now and then. Precious is the most territorial about everything.
Thanks for your descriptive response! You have got to be on your toes, don't you? I suppose with that many kitties and personalities, there is bound be a fuss every now and then, so you have to be ready for it. I keep trying to read this thread so I can get the back-story on your kitties, but then I fall behind on the latest happenings. One day I will get caught up! ;)

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Buffster7 Buffster7 It’s kind of hard to get caught up on this much time. I’ll be amazed if you can skim through it all but if you can, you’ll meet a lot of great people and kitties. I’ll be glad to answer any questions or fill in any blanks you may find. :) Tell the boys hello from all of us!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@dustydiamond1 You are always welcome to come and visit the Dillos! It rained a lot today and I didn’t see them but I’m sure they were around. I am being careful not to scare them though. When frightened they rocket straight up! I don’t care to be downed by a Dillo. :lol: They really are cute little creatures. They look like a cross between a bunny and a turtle. I really would like to see a baby Dillo. The nice thing about spending a lot of time outdoors is that I have been able to see a lot of natural beauty over the years.

Oh. If anyone thinks a Dillo isn’t beautiful .... lol.... I bet their Moms think they are. I suppose beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I just tend to behold a lot. :lol:

rubysmama rubysmama I really was wondering if others have trouble with seat stealing kitties. :p Mine do it constantly! I’ve started getting in the habit of making sure I have a clear runway to land!

I might look into TNR for Armadillos but I think my vet might quit if I showed up with one. Can you imagine the look they would give me?:flail:I can hear the conversation now....”Poor old woman is really having vision problems!”

Hopefully they won’t take over the area. We have a wide variety of wildlife here but I think their greatest risk is the highway. My land is bordered on two sides by roads so maybe they will stay in the wooded areas. They are just coming into the grassy areas to feed for a little while. Kind of like bunnies. Uh oh! :lolup: Four babies every time!

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 It is nice to see the kitties in a safe and serene place now. After the rough start they had, they certainly deserve it.

The Dillo confidence is nice. They do have three predators here that I know of but I haven’t had a Bobcat on the place yet. The Raccoons and hawks may not bother adults. There is very good cover for them in this area too. They seem to cross the open areas when I am present. They may understand that human presence keeps others away. Maybe they see me as a good creature. :)

Buffster7 Buffster7 Good question! Do my kitties get along? Heh! Like all siblings, we have a little fuss every now and then. Precious is the most territorial about everything. He likes to chase Smokey and Purry the most. Purry is the male who loves everyone and is the gentle, third to oldest.(Purry is also the house peace keeper in most cases. He kisses anyone who argues. It’s hard to fight with a big pink tongue washing your face.) Smokey is the oldest female and fluff girl. Precious does get a “Time Out,” if he gets really worked up. He retreats to his house on his own 99% of the time. If he doesn’t then I just carry him there and he is content to be where he owns the world. He really just gets over excited and wants to get the attention focus. There are three males that have more limited contact with the other kitties but this is because they are very large and a little less predictable. With a touch of ,possible, Bengal and the ability to really tower over the others, I just monitor their contact. They have never hurt any kitty but they play rough and without knowing their own strength. Each kitty is different. Some kitties are more involved with community activities and some prefer to stick to a smaller group of friends. ;) It did take time to allow them all to get to this point but they show each other a huge amount of affection. The interaction between them is truly amazing. If any cat is in distress, it registers with them all. We’ve never had a single serious fight. Cats are great!
The dillos probably control their own population pretty well. Animals are good at that as long as humans don't interfere (except for domesticated species like cats...)
Beautiful hummingbird moth! We had buffalo moths two locations ago -- not as large as those, but beautiful and unusual. One took up residence on our mailbox for a few days once, so I tape a note on the box asking the postal carrier to try not to bother the moth.
I don't get unseated much, but on bed-making day, I count on having some excellent help. If I don't, it's well-nigh impossible to get it made.
IMG_1463.JPG

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I even think that porcupines are cute...at a safe distance, and in a "punk rocker" kinda way...I mean those mohawks!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I even think that porcupines are cute...at a safe distance, and in a "punk rocker" kinda way...I mean those mohawks!
Hedgehogs, too, yes? I have some hedgehog socks. *Not socks FOR hedgehogs. Socks WITH hedgehogs on them. For ME.*
IMG_1463.JPG
Here is Elvis, helping me make the bed today. He's VERY helpful. IDK what I'd do without his assistance.:lolup:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Elvis! Thank you for helping tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 How could we ever do anything without our helpers? Maybe you can convince the kitties here to let me clean the cat room! They’re great about the rest of the house.
You made me laugh about the socks for Hedgehogs!

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Porcupines are cute and stylish. Not everyone can carry off a Mohawk! Lol

To you both, I have never seen a Hedgehog in person but have seen some on TV. Adorable! They have the sweetest little faces.

Hm. Storms are raging through. I always have trouble getting a signal during really bad ones. Traffic was backed up on the highway for about two hours today. The kitties did not like the thunder. It was time to clean everything in their room and I had the window open. Oops! They all left the area and headed for the Mom spot. It’s nice to know they still need their Mom! The local wildlife must have been somewhere a bit drier. I did see one new arrival. The tiniest baby tree frog! Maybe a quarter of an inch long? It seems to be living in a Bromeliad on my front porch which makes sense. The eggs are often hidden in the leaves of Bromeliads in nature. I put a little more water between a few leaves for the baby. That should help keep the baby hydrated and draw a few bugs for supper. It moved too quickly for me to come grab the camera but maybe I’ll see it again.

The atmosphere here was a little funny today. The cats have decided they should never be disturbed in the cat room. Cleaning there is unacceptable. The mop! Oh no! I don’t know if anyone will remember the great soap and litter spill here but the cats were not amused! Cats were avoiding huge waves of soapy bubbles all night long as I worked to clear the spill. Ever since then they have all hated the mop except for Purry. My sweet mediator. He tries to keep everyone happy. Mopping I’m the cat room may cause the cats to put up a ,”Do Not Disturb” sign!

Mom! Don’t get my floor wet!
DFDC6737-71FD-44EC-BA14-2DC85B4D1C08.jpeg

It’s okay Lady. A Purry kiss will help.
E6F908F1-CFA1-4216-A18F-8D591315211F.jpeg

Go away! No mop here!
745040B1-D552-4D38-973C-6D5D37E0CEED.jpeg

I’m not leaving! This is my chair.
B12E249F-4388-4FEA-90A1-9E4F4347E1FE.jpeg

Clean around me.
849E02C4-19D5-4338-9B4E-883DEDB76755.jpeg

I’m happy right here.
3843074F-52EF-4E6E-9A86-F02391A598A3.jpeg

Purry......
A48CE055-1236-47E0-ACFF-84F319196C72.jpeg

If I give you kisses.....
728B77E7-96DE-4151-8221-93300A1E6DE5.jpeg

Can you make her stop cleaning?
C8E41F94-D660-48FD-9917-6F6E8230C6F8.jpeg

I’ll even give you a bath!
F6855762-1E14-42D9-B9A2-CF0765BC7CCA.jpeg

Purry...... she’s still cleaning!
5E9213B5-F174-4ABB-B8C2-90E98CD3B41D.jpeg

Run! The soap monster is coming!
8E9F50D5-0426-4474-ABFA-42490480DA47.jpeg

I kind of like getting my claws clean!
022F8758-6785-473E-98F7-42D2F3EF5392.jpeg

Have you forgotten!
C448854E-6210-4FDD-9BA7-0B61009884D9.jpeg

Let me just remond you.....
A bottle of dish liquid broke....
Soap waves! My opinion on cleaning the cat room!
76B4850A-D32C-4CF1-A772-09C4769A1EB8.jpeg

Blah!!
B28B2538-097B-4C65-A105-8DA2034BB7CA.jpeg

I’ve heard the stories about the soap invasion! Cats sliding everywhere!!BJ will eat you!
4482CAEA-9393-437A-BFDE-123BA29B97EC.jpeg

Don’t believe me?
3EFFB861-E603-40EA-9D1F-D53D9BEF2BE4.jpeg

I’ll prove it.
57DF6B21-A4A9-4C8E-9968-F2A00BE4B4E6.jpeg

What?
4FD30135-DE9E-469E-8C72-5FF35A8ED7A7.jpeg

Tee hee.
124E41FA-AB18-4EC0-B143-EAA8153F802A.jpeg

Okay. You got me. I could never eat you.
ABB320E5-90B9-41E7-8E48-15D84F1DCC6F.jpeg

Instead....
50733D09-7330-4AE1-94D1-DAB1166B97D2.jpeg

I’ll just....
CD1306BC-00F9-4CD0-8A42-E467B80BA639.jpeg

Kill your phone cord!
6673A932-9DE8-4A3E-866C-30D991EF0ED0.jpeg

BJ! You’re playing? Wonders never cease around here.

I wasn’t really playing. I’m too fierce a feral to ever do that!
164BDE68-0339-45AF-8D9A-02F688543BE4.jpeg

Yes BJ......
07F60270-C89C-4338-BE50-C532D10CFB04.jpeg

We all know how fierce you are. Now give me a kiss.;)
90F9B612-51EE-48A3-AB59-9FE3040CA0F6.jpeg

Between the storms, the cleaning and the cattitudes, it was a funny day!

I have been forgiven and the kitties are back in a clean cat room! There is one exception. Whistle is sleeping in my lap. Safe from the soap monster.
A99C5A28-0B3E-48E7-B538-C1EE91AEF999.jpeg

I hope everyone is able to go fast to sleep and to stay safe from the soap monster!;)

Sweet dreams to all. :heartshape::catlove:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Elvis! Thank you for helping tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 How could we ever do anything without our helpers? Maybe you can convince the kitties here to let me clean the cat room! They’re great about the rest of the house.
You made me laugh about the socks for Hedgehogs!

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Porcupines are cute and stylish. Not everyone can carry off a Mohawk! Lol

To you both, I have never seen a Hedgehog in person but have seen some on TV. Adorable! They have the sweetest little faces.

Hm. Storms are raging through. I always have trouble getting a signal during really bad ones. Traffic was backed up on the highway for about two hours today. The kitties did not like the thunder. It was time to clean everything in their room and I had the window open. Oops! They all left the area and headed for the Mom spot. It’s nice to know they still need their Mom! The local wildlife must have been somewhere a bit drier. I did see one new arrival. The tiniest baby tree frog! Maybe a quarter of an inch long? It seems to be living in a Bromeliad on my front porch which makes sense. The eggs are often hidden in the leaves of Bromeliads in nature. I put a little more water between a few leaves for the baby. That should help keep the baby hydrated and draw a few bugs for supper. It moved too quickly for me to come grab the camera but maybe I’ll see it again.

The atmosphere here was a little funny today. The cats have decided they should never be disturbed in the cat room. Cleaning there is unacceptable. The mop! Oh no! I don’t know if anyone will remember the great soap and litter spill here but the cats were not amused! Cats were avoiding huge waves of soapy bubbles all night long as I worked to clear the spill. Ever since then they have all hated the mop except for Purry. My sweet mediator. He tries to keep everyone happy. Mopping I’m the cat room may cause the cats to put up a ,”Do Not Disturb” sign!

Mom! Don’t get my floor wet!
View attachment 295146
It’s okay Lady. A Purry kiss will help.
View attachment 295147
Go away! No mop here!
View attachment 295148
I’m not leaving! This is my chair.
View attachment 295149
Clean around me.
View attachment 295150
I’m happy right here.
View attachment 295151
Purry......
View attachment 295152
If I give you kisses.....
View attachment 295153
Can you make her stop cleaning?
View attachment 295154
I’ll even give you a bath!
View attachment 295161
Purry...... she’s still cleaning!View attachment 295164
Run! The soap monster is coming!View attachment 295176
I kind of like getting my claws clean!View attachment 295177
Have you forgotten!View attachment 295180
Let me just remond you.....
A bottle of dish liquid broke....
Soap waves! My opinion on cleaning the cat room!
View attachment 295179
Blah!!
View attachment 295178
I’ve heard the stories about the soap invasion! Cats sliding everywhere!!BJ will eat you!
View attachment 295162
Don’t believe me?
View attachment 295163
I’ll prove it.
View attachment 295165
What?
View attachment 295166
Tee hee.
View attachment 295167
Okay. You got me. I could never eat you.
View attachment 295168
Instead....
View attachment 295169
I’ll just....
View attachment 295170
Kill your phone cord!
View attachment 295171
BJ! You’re playing? Wonders never cease around here.

I wasn’t really playing. I’m too fierce a feral to ever do that!
View attachment 295172
Yes BJ......View attachment 295174
We all know how fierce you are. Now give me a kiss.;)View attachment 295173
Between the storms, the cleaning and the cattitudes, it was a funny day!

I have been forgiven and the kitties are back in a clean cat room! There is one exception. Whistle is sleeping in my lap. Safe from the soap monster.View attachment 295185
I hope everyone is able to go fast to sleep and to stay safe from the soap monster!;)

Sweet dreams to all. :heartshape::catlove:
You are very brave to keep cleaning in the face of that unequivocally "NO MOPPING!" stance. I'm pretty sure stout hearts would quail at that. :running:
Oh, yes, I remembered that debacle, and we had a similar one, without the litter, in the kitchen awhile back. It was awful! but at least that part of the floor got REALLY, REALLY clean. :shocked: I always say, "Cats do NOT like dirt" when cleaning, just to remind them (and myself) that there will be happy cats (and servant) once the job is done.

Power outtages and problems are the worst. Hope the storm has passed on by and that phone cords are intact. :agree:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Brave? I did face multitudes! Lol Maybe I just can’t stand to walk on a dirty floor. ;) Lol I’ve always hated sand on the floor and the yard here is sandy. The kitties will just have to forgive me. Thank goodness they are kind.

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Awwwwww! That is the cutest little baby! I can see why people love hedgehogs! I don’t know how snuggly they are but the desire is here!:lol:

I wish I could use a Swiffer! I can always dream! Maybe a bundle of Swiffers!
The cats are just lucky I can’t use the garden hose! :flail:

surya surya I kind of wondered how you were doing. Anytime I miss hearing from you, I know something is up. I figured you were working on the move. So sorry you are feeling bad! Maybe the kittens will move, you will get moved and then you will be totally relaxed. You deserve a break! I hope you can find some calm time in here somewhere.
:vibes::bouquet: Feel better fast!

I hope everyone else is doing okay! @maggiedemi we have you in our thoughts!

N NY cat man How is Miss Eleanor doing?

rubysmama rubysmama I tried to get you a photo of my sleeping beauties! Lol They always wake up. Or maybe they never really sleep? Note that BJ is with his girl, Flowers. ;)
7389D46D-0E89-4394-AFE9-21869F73B17F.jpeg

We had company today. I wasn’t expecting anyone when there was a knocking on the back door. Most people come to the front! ?????? Who???? The knocking was kind of loud. As I rounded the door I saw the cats looking out. Huh?! They usually go away from the door except for BJ. Must be someone they know and like.
Smokey didn’t even look up?!?!?
I don’t see anyone!
7AA35B9C-FE6E-4686-A7CC-598AF4B4E096.jpeg

Oh! :)
35E80C6E-8ADF-4BD2-BB90-6C9996D48966.jpeg

Someone sees cat food inside! Here for supper?
5F6DE0BF-6A40-4C7E-B794-D243444C9A82.jpeg

Uhhhhh! That’s a cat tree you are sitting on. I just cleaned it! Please don’t .... okay, bringing cat food!
42D238FD-5C15-4819-924C-218D97C5D92E.jpeg

I am pretty sure she must be nesting. She came without her siblings and really wanted food. Since she grew up here, she knows about feral cat food and is used to seeing me and the kitties. Still, coming and knocking at the door? Very smart bird! I was surprised. I really don’t want her thinking human contact is safe but I think this is a short term need for her. I certainly hope so!
I didn’t want her to see food being provided by me so I shushed her away and then took some trash out. I left some food on top of the trash can on the other side of the property. Hopefully she will think she is salvaging food. I did see her eating there later. I’d like to think she can find enough food to survive with any upcoming babies.
The cats enjoyed visiting with her! This bunch of kitties seems to have made friends with a wide variety of creatures when they were outside.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Book! The colony cats and their friends! The guardians of the sky, the buzzard family, the armored garrison of the burrows, armadillo family, the fleet footed fox, the black racer, the lovely lizards, the box turtles, and the royal tree frog family! Even the Raccoons and opossum seemed to be non threatening to BJ. They must have had some interesting interactions as they lived together here.

Mitsy seems to have become much more confident after her night out , lost with the frogs. She is much more demanding of attention.
Go Mitsy!
A7B7C6F1-8BF7-46F2-B793-44E812509421.jpeg

Love me BJ.
18A8CE0D-DCB8-4A1B-8F2B-CB349C8F3F91.jpeg

Happy! Happy!
C8AF557E-7C32-47A2-BB73-98508FEC6EDA.jpeg

Wait!
98A3062A-971B-40C5-AB30-7CD8A3FA8958.jpeg

Don’t go!
225BB39C-A26C-4544-8986-DFFC414DF476.jpeg

Come back BJ.
9A9D628E-01E3-4010-B018-BE2784F165EE.jpeg

I said, “ Come back!”
F53D1B36-0802-4063-B5A5-FBF82BABA8DD.jpeg

Okay, okay.
67392F66-4BB5-43B7-9E13-FE222797586C.jpeg

That’s better!
0D2CE304-88F9-4942-AE12-B45175015039.jpeg

Kisses!
9DA374D4-C499-4DB9-90D5-A14B326AA879.jpeg

Lots of kisses.
A6FF6E43-A0F3-4C70-BD9C-ACF06763D955.jpeg

Ohhhh! That’s nice BJ.
05C86287-9EE1-4FD2-A0E3-D5705BF1312B.jpeg

Heh! Ear kisses tickle!
139061BB-99EE-4128-9367-8D9928E11B3A.jpeg

Thank you BJ.
B2100E2E-991E-456B-8F55-4F3EAF340007.jpeg

Okay, now. Your turn Mom.
DD6C6DD3-B6AB-41FA-A544-C20BD3B1DCAD.jpeg

Mom, kisses!
F742AC02-19BC-43D9-80FF-F46DCF17834A.jpeg

Mom?
57FA1BAE-3680-4FCF-B645-6B7A27546A0D.jpeg

That’s better!
F168C74B-0A86-446D-85C2-5CDF6E71D991.jpeg

I am Mitsy and I demand kisses!
574C4616-C754-4E4B-B39C-AC682D67B1D3.jpeg

That was good! Can we do it all again?
0752EBE9-277F-4B23-8D7C-69F9640A6DB2.jpeg

:p Yes! Let’s do!
I think Mitsy is glad to be back with the ones who love her. She is making sure we know she wants her share of kisses. It’s so great to see her reaching out for hugs instead of being a bit hesitant to be fully integrated with the group. I don’t know if it was being scared by the hawks, being alone in the night, missing her family or maybe something the frog prince taught her but Mitsy really wants to be near us. No more hanging out on top of the washing machine or a windowsill by herself. She is staying with me, BJ, Banjo, Whistle or one of the other girls from outside all the time now. It’s really great to see her enjoying more contact. She has always jumped in to look out for Banjo and Whistle without hesitation. She wasn’t a cat that was frightened but just reluctant to be in the crowd. She’s always come for petting and attention but she is doing it now with far more confidence. Finally! Just one more demonstration of how every cat proceeds at their own pace. I’ll be expecting her to be at my side at bedtime from now on. :catlove:

Have a great night/ morning everyone.:redheartpump:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Miss Eleanor is doing fine, and seems to have claimed me for her own. She knows about what time I go to bed, and will be waiting for me on the stairs. She also likes to cuddle next to me at night, and when I sit down, it won't be long before she is in my lap. For being a street cat for as many years as she was, the transition to an inside cat has gone amazingly well.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Fayola finally came out from under my bed! She was in a dog crate I purchased at Walmart but I felt it wasn't big enough so I moved her into my bedroom and returned it. She has spent days under the bed, only coming out when I lay completely still (or not in the room at all). If she saw me, she'd run back under.

I bought some temptation treats because I thought she might like them. She didn't fancy them much at first but I kept trying. One taste and now she can't get enough of them. So, a few minute ago, I went upstairs to check on her. She was under the bed of course, didn't think she'd come out. I had to wash her face (because of her eye discharge). I said, "Hi, Fayola!" and she just took a leap of faith and walked right out. She went back under again but then came back out when I offered her more treats. She's making so much progress, I'm so proud of her.

My mom keeps asking me what I'm going to do with her and I think I might keep her after all this. Love her to bits, I really do. Couldn't imagine someone else having her. Yeah, I'm a little selfish but... come on, who wouldn't be?!

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fayola finally came out from under my bed! She was in a dog crate I purchased at Walmart but I felt it wasn't big enough so I moved her into my bedroom and returned it. She has spent days under the bed, only coming out when I lay completely still (or not in the room at all). If she saw me, she'd run back under.

I bought some temptation treats because I thought she might like them. She didn't fancy them much at first but I kept trying. One taste and now she can't get enough of them. So, a few minute ago, I went upstairs to check on her. She was under the bed of course, didn't think she'd come out. I had to wash her face (because of her eye discharge). I said, "Hi, Fayola!" and she just took a leap of faith and walked right out. She went back under again but then came back out when I offered her more treats. She's making so much progress, I'm so proud of her.

My mom keeps asking me what I'm going to do with her and I think I might keep her after all this. Love her to bits, I really do. Couldn't imagine someone else having her. Yeah, I'm a little selfish but... come on, who wouldn't be?!
Way to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.