My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, if Digger is taken N NY cat man ....then maybe tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 would settle for Nine and Scratcher! ;)

rubysmama rubysmama The Starling is Darling!
We have the birds you mentioned too. There are so many beautiful creatures here.
If I do get some slow cat nights, I’ll be sure to tell the jungle tales. Got about a month? :lol: I did get to see some very large cats! Up close and personal. Maybe a bit too close. Never wake a sleeping giant!

Flowers like this are the reason I got to see the cats. I’ll try to post better photos tomorrow. View attachment 294730
Add me to the list of those who'd love to hear your big cat "tails"! :yess:
Yes, Nine and Scratcher would be very acceptable to me...if they are to them. ;)
I have some of those on the dining room table. Michael's specials. ;)

Attachments

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama I’ll be happy to share some large cat tales when these guys give me a chance! :dizzycat::climbcat::runningcat::lol: Soon maybe?
Yellow flowers are hard to photograph. White too. They tend to be over exposed. I just take shots from lots of different angles so the light changes and if I’m lucky, I get a good one. :p

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I’ll add you to the list! :) I actually went on a rare plant rescue rather than a cat rescue! Areas of the jungle that were be stripped and burned. We could run the wildlife off but the plants needed a ride out. Fortunately a huge effort was being made there to save all. I had already noticed your silk orchids. They’re a lot easier to spot indoors than in the trees. I happen to love that kind. The nickname is ,” Dancing ladies.”

Nine and Scratcher it is!

N NY cat man Digger is so beautiful. I gather she is an expert at excavating? :) I could use her help in the garden! That photo of her is adorable. She looks so totally content.

W walli Agreed! The colors are striking.

@surya Wondering how things are. :heartshape:

To all our friends not here tonight, sending love. :bouquet:
1ED259A2-9F9F-49CF-817C-A809CEA53711.jpeg

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have told the story before, but for those who missed it:
When she was still a kitten, and before she joined us, when I opened the back door, it was like ringing a dinner bell, and Digger would come under our fence and every few feet she would stop, sit, and dig behind one ear, then come a few more and repeat, all the way to the deck. Also when she did her business, usually in Michele's flower beds, she would excavate a hole large enough to bury a small child- hence she became Digger.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today was a very inactive day. :insertevillaugh:
NOT! These kitties won’t allow that. :p

As always I was on the run. I did spend part of my day looking for a friend. I hope to find her soon.
I called my Dad today too. As always, it’s good to talk to him.

I saw something funny outside. An outdoor kitty house has a new tenant!
D1C27411-3378-4F91-A57C-9015AD74DF67.jpeg

Can you tell? I’ll zoom in for you.
5DEE73A9-1BBE-4C59-BBA0-AFCF037B1BBF.jpeg

Just above the leaf is a Carolina Wren on a nest! I am so glad I didn’t move the house. I was intending to just move the pine straw out but spotted the Mom before I reached in. I realized at the last second it was a nest and quickly left the area. I hope she stays safe there. I’ll stay away for the next 30 days or so. Hoping the Parents and babies will do well. I’ll guard them as I can. Lady won’t be going out that way!

This seems like a good time to share a smile from our friend Banjo. She is great at keeping Mom active. Thank you Banjo! What would I do without your help? :kitty:

I had to run an errand today so I grabbed a pack of cereal at the nearby store. When I came in I decided to get something a bit more nourishing. Then I got distracted with some important messages. Of course the kitties left me to accomplish the important things. They may have been ferals but they certainly understand when Mom is intent upon important things.

Mom is busy. Better sit quietly.
2D68DCED-EF4E-49E0-BAB8-AB6A9A189889.jpeg

Hmmmm. She left this.
E073DB5B-CE37-46AD-8856-EEF18F075F6A.jpeg

It has a cat on the front!
0D729D2A-30B4-40D7-B9EA-F37FB587A4F8.jpeg

She left the package open. I better close it for her.
93A25350-008A-4160-9BE2-F76E601334BB.jpeg

But if it has a cat on it....
CB9CFB5B-34DC-4414-8EE0-A4BEE5701EF1.jpeg

What is this?
DA2C0CD6-7498-4FB4-BCBB-C834772B4FC6.jpeg

It doesn’t look like kitty treats.
AB47B71B-C03D-496D-8E51-A46850AF9457.jpeg

Is Mom around?
E90271EC-3053-4A36-B2EC-CBF8A4752FD0.jpeg

Huh.....
9A6B8D9E-8845-4B59-81ED-CE8F8AE2EF1A.jpeg

:seesaw:
2E1C2D2C-58C6-44A2-A046-13F86F0FBDDB.jpeg

Just have to.....close the bag....
BEDD34E2-8EDE-4821-BE28-E78055B3986E.jpeg

E342D901-7402-4066-BB91-D9617AC12DC0.jpeg

Here comes Mom. Don’t say anything. Okay?
43466D50-AB25-49C0-802E-3A9AE3BEF26C.jpeg

Uhhh. Hi Mom! What? Who said?
2CD210C7-8190-40E3-8966-2EBD1DC12EE9.jpeg

Ahhhh! Really? You folks told on me?!?!?!? Don’t you love Banjo?
DAD17EBF-C1D3-4A50-8683-59326788BE8A.jpeg

Ohhhh!:lol: Banjo is so good at getting sympathy! Did she get you? She gets me every time. Yes Banjo! I love you but just because Tony the Tiger is on the bag, doesn’t mean it’s good for kitties! She always looks so innocent! :redheartpump: :angelcat:
Have a great night everyone!
More wildlife coming soon!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have told the story before, but for those who missed it:
When she was still a kitten, and before she joined us, when I opened the back door, it was like ringing a dinner bell, and Digger would come under our fence and every few feet she would stop, sit, and dig behind one ear, then come a few more and repeat, all the way to the deck. Also when she did her business, usually in Michele's flower beds, she would excavate a hole large enough to bury a small child- hence she became Digger.

Awwww! I love the story of Digger! I was caught between going,” poor itchy ear,” and “serious about keeping things private! “ Smart girl dug deep. I can just imagine how quickly that kitten stole your hearts. I’m so glad you saved that little Digger! :redheartpump: Another kitty rescued and very happy now. She has grown into a beautiful lady. A true lady who liked flowers in the ladies room! ;)

A hole big enough for a child?!?!:flail:Good girl! Far better than stepping through and into something!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yellow flowers are hard to photograph. White too. They tend to be over exposed. I just take shots from lots of different angles so the light changes and if I’m lucky, I get a good one. :p
You're right, white flowers are hard to photograph too.

Just above the leaf is a Carolina Wren on a nest!
Is that normal, to not build a nest in a tree?

so I grabbed a pack of cereal at the nearby store.
Is that cereal in a bag like potato chips? Not a box with an inner package?

Ohhhh!:lol: Banjo is so good at getting sympathy! Did she get you? She gets me every time.
Yup, Banjo's quite the character. :hearthrob: :catrub::catman:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
N NY cat man Unfortunately, yes, but we won't go there. Just so everyone thinks their CATS are beautiful/adorable/irresistible/wonderful/talented/the BEST, that's what matters here at TCS! :yess:
Jcatbird Jcatbird Oh, Banjo, I know how you feel -- I LOVE sugar-frosted flakes! It's been a long time since I've had them, but they are really good (even if they don't bear any resemblance to cat treats) :yummy:
rubysmama rubysmama I like to buy the bags of cereals, too. I don't eat cereal often, but I always try to get these when I do. My favorites are the plain puffed wheat, rice or corn with no sugar, coloring, or anything else. Cheaper this way, and less waste for the recycling. I must admit I couldn't resist a great deal on Rice Chex recently, and they do come in a box. But they are great for a snack IMHO.
Some birds do nest on the ground. In the Mojave there were thrashers (related to roadrunners) who nested in holes in the ground. And there were tiny burrowing owls who nested in holes in the joshua trees.
IMG_3126.JPG
The rescued Gerbera Daisy from Trader Joe's

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I THOUGHT I POSTED THIS YESTERDAY, but didn't hit the button, and here it was, waiting for me today! Gotta love the auto-save function!

"As usual, I am entranced by the doings of the clowder! And where BJ is concerned, we're all a bit kittensmitten.

WILD day here yesterday! Why we did not get a tornado is beyond me. Lost power for short periods four times. High wind, whipping around, torrential rain, lightning and thunder nonstop, hail from marble- to ping-pong-ball-sized, greenish skies...I thought for sure Hek and I would end up in the bathroom...I already had two bottles of water, a stack of crackers, and Hek's food and water dishes in there...Just in case we went in and were stuck for awhile by falling debris. Nope, not one tornado in the area! FINALLY, I was able to put out supper for the Outsiders at around 8:30, and SEVEN felines came out of the Secret Feral Shelter...two adults, and FIVE kittens! Good to know it is being used when needed!"

Now for today...Got my shopping done, and am WIPED OUT!'

Is that normal, to not build a nest in a tree?
Depends on the species, some are ground nesters, and the availability of a hand door...SOMEWHERE on this stupid computer are photos of the baby birds that grew up in my wreath, and I can't find them!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama I like to buy the bags of cereals, too. I don't eat cereal often, but I always try to get these when I do.
I've never seen cereal like Frosted Flakes in bags before, but it does cut down on waste.

Some birds do nest on the ground. In the Mojave there were thrashers (related to roadrunners) who nested in holes in the ground. And there were tiny burrowing owls who nested in holes in the joshua trees.
It seems so dangerous. Then again, nests in trees can be attacked by larger birds, so it's all dangerous for them. :(

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never seen cereal like Frosted Flakes in bags before, but it does cut down on waste.

It seems so dangerous. Then again, nests in trees can be attacked by larger birds, so it's all dangerous for them. :(
It's really all dangerous for all of us, all the time -- and yet, somehow, many thrive. That's the amazing aspect to life!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama The Wrens build in all kinds of places. Hanging baskets are a favorite! That cat house is on top of a cat cage so she is fairly well off the ground. Maybe the scent left by cats will add some protection. I hope so. Many types of birds do build on the ground. The kingfisher builds in a burrow in a dirt bank! Each creature has an interesting way to try and survive. The little lizards here put their eggs just under the leaf litter or soil. Turtles bury their eggs in the sand. I find many things here to watch.

N NY cat man For me, all my babies have been beautiful. My daughter was and fire babies too. For those who miss the beauty, they truly lose out.

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Sometimes I miss hitting the button too! I’m so glad the kitties found shelter and that the storm wasn’t any worse. I love your hidden shelter. Brilliant!

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Beautiful rescued Gerber Faisy. Those always have such gorgeous colors!
You are right that many don’t appreciate the beauty of their children. It’s a terrible loss. Whenever I see that I have to think what a terrible tragedy it is for all. Having the responsibility for a life is a privilege and is not given to everyone.
Life can be a struggle for many. For those, I applaud their survival instincts and desires. May they all find their path becomes easier. Hanging on often leads to better times. I also applaud all who hold out a helping hand when they can. It makes the world a better place.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It’s been a long and mosquito filled day. I’ve been working on the exterior of the house. We have a few cooler days and I was hoping that would help with the bugs. ;) Maybe it did! Itching!

The kitties have decided I should have more company inside. Or maybe they just claim the sofa! Every time I came in to cool off today, when I sat down, a cat beat me to the spot. Lol Do you ever have to pull up at the last second to avoid sitting in a cat? Fortunately no one was squished!

Banjo and Whistle spent today enjoying the nicer weather. Play time for everyone!
B61B7CB6-C272-4FFB-8822-9B54F9D082CC.jpeg
Whistle is still a big kitten at heart. He loves his toys. After play time Whistle went to enjoy the view out the sunroom. He claimed the spot by the door but Banjo has ideas!
9899A5B7-61E6-4107-A918-ECB7BD97CE59.jpeg

I want this spot too!
E67EF626-D08A-46E7-B5FA-87F43992CF76.jpeg

Maybe Whistle won’t notice.
A6ACACBF-7AAE-4289-9C76-CD11E339229D.jpeg

What does Banjo think she’s doing? Like I won’t notice?
BDFA6F30-849C-4633-973E-70293A6C59CE.jpeg

Heh! There’s a fee to join me Banjo.
You have to take a kiss....
45584191-73B9-4E9E-8F57-10BFC2242680.jpeg

And then you owe one back.
352F03C8-A770-47A4-85A5-406F9F16E6A2.jpeg

Paid in full!
5DF74FEC-45F9-4280-BD19-58D3C2A460E2.jpeg

Awww, don’t look so grouchy. You know you loved it!:kitty:
D81FD846-57FB-4223-8D43-1525B1F1DCB2.jpeg

:lol: She really did! They spent the next hour together enjoying the spot.
They had plenty to watch!

Company approaching’
56EF8A9D-947A-487B-A01F-82D4A5CA4113.jpeg

This time they came together.
CFA3A9F1-AC2C-4EC7-8CB9-24298C802D88.jpeg

Scratch and Nine seem to very bonded.
7C10FF91-C72E-4416-95D9-782CB56946D2.jpeg

Baby armadillos could be really cute.
21742E4B-A816-477A-BD32-AFF2B34F13CE.jpeg

These two certainly don’t seem scared of me.
3A731E04-1146-480F-B03C-1C687F4AF4D0.jpeg

Not only did they see me,
1BA6E5D5-7FF7-42E7-9CAD-F77D06664307.jpeg

They seemed to greet me before...
95EAA8DC-BA93-4978-9956-71FB21640CE9.jpeg

Coming to check the ground beside my leg! Note the edge of my jeans in the bottom right corner!
5B48F03E-87E2-4910-9D5A-AAD5B597BADD.jpeg

:flail:I think I was a bit more surprised than they were! I was kneeling on the ground to get the photos. Hello Dillos!
The cats thoroughly checked me out when I came back inside. BJ was not pleased with my encounter but Mitsy thinks that we should be kind to others outside. We girls agree on that!

Mom! You let those things near you!
D6BA470C-DAC8-40E7-90D6-97316A3EB3D4.jpeg

I’m glad you let them have their family here Mom. We girls have to watch out for each other. Sorry BJ!
B77B0164-7C17-4135-8E30-B195E44296CD.jpeg

High five Mom!
00DDCE53-FB14-4742-A9FB-1EEA6899D45A.jpeg

I think BJ understood that he was out voted this time. Who knows, maybe if BJ sees babies, he’ll want to protect them too.:flail:
Have a high five night everyone! :cloud9:

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
It’s been a long and mosquito filled day. I’ve been working on the exterior of the house. We have a few cooler days and I was hoping that would help with the bugs. ;) Maybe it did! Itching!

The kitties have decided I should have more company inside. Or maybe they just claim the sofa! Every time I came in to cool off today, when I sat down, a cat beat me to the spot. Lol Do you ever have to pull up at the last second to avoid sitting in a cat? Fortunately no one was squished!

Banjo and Whistle spent today enjoying the nicer weather. Play time for everyone!View attachment 294948 Whistle is still a big kitten at heart. He loves his toys. After play time Whistle went to enjoy the view out the sunroom. He claimed the spot by the door but Banjo has ideas!
View attachment 294940
I want this spot too!
View attachment 294941
Maybe Whistle won’t notice.
View attachment 294942
What does Banjo think she’s doing? Like I won’t notice?
View attachment 294943
Heh! There’s a fee to join me Banjo.
You have to take a kiss....
View attachment 294945
And then you owe one back.
View attachment 294946
Paid in full!
View attachment 294947
Awww, don’t look so grouchy. You know you loved it!:kitty:
View attachment 294944
:lol: She really did! They spent the next hour together enjoying the spot.
They had plenty to watch!

Company approaching’
View attachment 294949
This time they came together.
View attachment 294951
Scratch and Nine seem to very bonded.
View attachment 294952
Baby armadillos could be really cute.
View attachment 294953
These two certainly don’t seem scared of me.
View attachment 294954
Not only did they see me,
View attachment 294955
They seemed to greet me before...
View attachment 294956
Coming to check the ground beside my leg! Note the edge of my jeans in the bottom right corner!
View attachment 294957
:flail:I think I was a bit more surprised than they were! I was kneeling on the ground to get the photos. Hello Dillos!
The cats thoroughly checked me out when I came back inside. BJ was not pleased with my encounter but Mitsy thinks that we should be kind to others outside. We girls agree on that!

Mom! You let those things near you!
View attachment 294959
I’m glad you let them have their family here Mom. We girls have to watch out for each other. Sorry BJ!
View attachment 294958
High five Mom!
View attachment 294960
I think BJ understood that he was out voted this time. Who knows, maybe if BJ sees babies, he’ll want to protect them too.:flail:
Have a high five night everyone! :cloud9:
:bunnydance: Oh I would love to be so close to dillos! :hearthrob::redheartpump: A wonderful goodnight to one and all :sleepycat:

Status
Not open for further replies.