My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The bass that your hearing may be illegal, there is a law here in cali for decibal levels for the bass, I would explain what's going on at your house to the people 1st, one thing about the bass its much more annoying the further away it is from the source, when it happens close to my house I feel like my organs are rattling! :lol:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The coasters would be a great project for Tortuga! :flail: I actually think they are super pretty! There are a lot of great ideas there. Thank you for the link!

The noise from the music wakes me up in the wee hours. The windows shake and the vibrations of the bass scares the kitties. I just don’t understand why the Parents allow that. If he is “ hiding” that will definitely give away his location. Hmmm. Maybe I should mention that to the Mom. She asked me to keep an eye out for anyone who shouldn’t be on their property. I will but ..... please make it stop! I moved here for the peace!

As for clawing at burns tarasgrl ,I totally get it and know how horrid bad burns are. You must have been in agony. Those kinds of things do stay with us. In many ways. Continuing in a forward motion is a good way to stay positive and healthy. It isn’t denial but a coping mechanism that works quite well as long as we remember to stop and pet a kitty and smell the roses! ( Make sure you don’t get that backwards!) :eek2: Most kitty parts are okay to smell but petting roses is risky! Maybe we both just have B positive blood. :)
Benadryl is something that makes you sleepy. Many antihistamines will. I’m glad your doctor knocked you out to rest and heal. You needed rest a lot then.
We are hoping it will relieve the pressure in my sinus by my ear. We can’t seem to clear it. Keeps building. The malaria did keep me sick off and on for a couple of years. I was lucky that I didn’t get the worst form! We don’t really know if the damage I had may be causing this issue, but the bonus of antihistamines is sleep! Lol Sadly, I still wake up with that music. I know if I am patient, the person playing it will leave eventually. Soon, I hope! They have come and gone a lot over the years. It’s great here when they are gone. This is the person BJ always alerted on. He’s back to guarding the door! I let the kitties into the sunroom today when there was a nice rain falling that cooled the air. I was pulling nails from the molding I had removed and sanding the floor patches. It was really great until the bass started. I think we should return some music as a gift! Opera might be a new treat! :flail:I wonder if they have ever heard any before? I like classical and relaxing music but I don’t think that would drown out their music. Banjo suggested the 1812 Overture. :bicolorcat:Maybe that wouldn’t be a good one though. The ending might get the whole neighborhood up. Lol Of course, I don’t want to start a battle of who has the loudest speakers. I would totally lose. :lol: Patience is the key! “He who laughs last....” Banjo will probably laugh last!:kitty:

Poor BJ. Instead of enjoying the sunroom, he went straight to guard duty in front of the door. This is the same spot he occupied before and I can’t put the curtains back up until the room is finished.

I guess ,this is what the kitties were thinking today.

Unh! Not again.
View attachment 290564
He’s baaaack!
View attachment 290575
This room seems different! Something is ruffling my fur.
View attachment 290576
Where’s the regular floor?
View attachment 290577
I’m not sitting on plywood!
View attachment 290586
What is that awful noise?
View attachment 290587
That is not a bird! Not even an owl! The sound makes my skin crawl.
View attachment 290588
Nooooo.....
View attachment 290584
I don’t think I want to go out there.... can I stay here Mom?
View attachment 290585
It hurts the kitty ears!
View attachment 290583
Is it behind me?
View attachment 290582
It’s everywhere!
View attachment 290581
I think my tail is growing.....
View attachment 290580
Growing......
View attachment 290579
Gone!!!!!
View attachment 290578
Banjo tail too!
View attachment 290567
It’s out there!
View attachment 290568
Keep your tail low Dolly!
View attachment 290569
I have the WD 40 I was using earlier....
View attachment 290570
It makes things less noisy and can make things move.
View attachment 290571
What if I squirt it outside? Will it stop that noise?
View attachment 290572
Question mark tails? Lisenting.....
View attachment 290574
Rats! It didn’t work.:kitty:
View attachment 290573
Banjo couldn’t make it stop! Can you?
View attachment 290590
Whistle doesn’t like outside Mom.
View attachment 290591
Can we go back in the house now?:kitty:
View attachment 290592
Awwww! Poor kitties. They entered the room with such anticipation! The first time back in there should have been fun. Some of the kitties were confused, some were irritated, some were angry and some were scared. Bonjure was really scared! Fluff tail! Big one! Bj was visibly worried. Little Kodiak wouldn’t cross the doorway, as much as she wanted to join us. As for Muffin....

No thanks! Why would I leave a purrfectly comfortable blanket just to see that noisy squirrel? The cat treats are right behind me.
View attachment 290566
:flail:Muffin, you are so wise!
The Yoda of the cats! Hmmmmm. Maybe we could learn to play a Theremin.....can a cat do that? That’s a type of music rarely heard around these parts. ;)

Hopefully, we can all enjoy the sunroom another time. :p

Have a peaceful night/morning everyone!:heartshape:
There are disturbance of the peace laws and as far as I know they apply all over the US. Problem is, if this guy is a criminal/has criminal associates, it could backfire on you. You can report anonymously and ask not to be identified or contacted, but even then, if they figure out who called on them, it could be a problem. I've had these kinds of problems all my life. Two locations ago, I lived in a very rough neighborhood and the tenants next door were definitely gangbangers. Of course I couldn't call on them. Eventually we moved. Our new neighbors across the road had outside speakers and blasted music. At least it was only during the daytime. The guy was a deputy. :sigh: Anyone that thinks law enforcement obeys the law needs to wake up. Not saying they're all bad, but some definitely are. Now the "1812 Overture" might be a great idea -- if you love it, which I do. Usually, though, inconsiderate people don't get the idea when other people play loud music, because IMHO they're totally self-centered and self-focused, want what THEY want when they want it, and no one else has any rights as far as they are concerned. I've had a LOT of experience with this. My neighbors now are noisy sometimes. It's a family with 1 daughter in University and they're basically decent people, so I try to bear that in mind. They are from a culture that is very family-oriented and also party-oriented. I try to bear THAT in mind, too. The house has a pool, unfortunately. The positive part is that they work and go to University, so they turn in at a reasonable hour.

I have sinus problems, too. Both my mom and I had/have really small eustacean tubes and our ears tended/tend to clog easily. And our sinuses weren't/aren't great. I sometimes get sinus headaches and sometimes they're alleviated by just blowing my nose to clear the pressure. I won't use any drugs except aspirin.

The weird thing about being a burn survivor is that, in my case at least, the pain never goes away. It's not chronic, but it's there a lot of the time. I heard that our cells are completely regenerated every 7 years -- that's obviously either not true, or the cells in those areas replicate in the same way as the old ones, with the nerves "remembering" the pain. I can't wear makeup because of it. But you're right! You go forward and focus on the positives, and for me, that's all about helping others. Cats, first of all. :redheartpump::happycat::redheartpump:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Uh! My neighbors son is back and so is the booming music. Aaaargh!
Oh, joy. :angryfire:

My neighbours are pretty quiet, but apparently some are "potheads", as I'm smelling the "lovely" aroma quite often now that summer is here. And since cannabis is legal in Canada, there's nothing I can do other than close my windows. But what am I supposed to do when I'm in my backyard, and the scent works its way to me. Maybe I need to get some clothespins. Or a gas mask. :rolleyes:

The weird thing about being a burn survivor is that, in my case at least, the pain never goes away. It's not chronic, but it's there a lot of the time.
I didn't know you were a burn survivor. :alright:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

My neighbours are pretty quiet, but apparently some are "potheads", as I'm smelling the "lovely" aroma quite often now that summer is here. And since cannabis is legal in Canada, there's nothing I can do other than close my windows. But what am I supposed to do when I'm in my backyard, and the scent works its way to me. Maybe I need to get some clothespins. Or a gas mask. :rolleyes:

I empathize. I don't mind the smell of ganja but I very much don't like the smell of grilling, and during summer, there is a LOT of it going on all around me. I can't afford and don't want to use HVAC, so I do open windows when it's cooler outside than inside. A lot of times, I have to weigh the pros and cons of this as I don't like that offensive smell. It's not easy living in such close proximity to so many people. There's no answer. We just have to endure it. But empathy helps, IMHO.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ohhh, I thought of two more idea's. Get a drone and have it drop balloons filled with paint on him. Pretend to be infatuated with him. Go flirt with him whenever he is outside, tell him he is your soulmate and you want to marry him. Stalk him until he retreats into the house. That could backfire though, if he is into mature ladies. So you plan is probably best.
I think the second approach could work or....... it might just make him laugh!;)

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are disturbance of the peace laws and as far as I know they apply all over the US. Problem is, if this guy is a criminal/has criminal associates, it could backfire on you. You can report anonymously and ask not to be identified or contacted, but even then, if they figure out who called on them, it could be a problem. I've had these kinds of problems all my life. Two locations ago, I lived in a very rough neighborhood and the tenants next door were definitely gangbangers. Of course I couldn't call on them. Eventually we moved. Our new neighbors across the road had outside speakers and blasted music. At least it was only during the daytime. The guy was a deputy. :sigh: Anyone that thinks law enforcement obeys the law needs to wake up. Not saying they're all bad, but some definitely are. Now the "1812 Overture" might be a great idea -- if you love it, which I do. Usually, though, inconsiderate people don't get the idea when other people play loud music, because IMHO they're totally self-centered and self-focused, want what THEY want when they want it, and no one else has any rights as far as they are concerned. I've had a LOT of experience with this. My neighbors now are noisy sometimes. It's a family with 1 daughter in University and they're basically decent people, so I try to bear that in mind. They are from a culture that is very family-oriented and also party-oriented. I try to bear THAT in mind, too. The house has a pool, unfortunately. The positive part is that they work and go to University, so they turn in at a reasonable hour.

I have sinus problems, too. Both my mom and I had/have really small eustacean tubes and our ears tended/tend to clog easily. And our sinuses weren't/aren't great. I sometimes get sinus headaches and sometimes they're alleviated by just blowing my nose to clear the pressure. I won't use any drugs except aspirin.

The weird thing about being a burn survivor is that, in my case at least, the pain never goes away. It's not chronic, but it's there a lot of the time. I heard that our cells are completely regenerated every 7 years -- that's obviously either not true, or the cells in those areas replicate in the same way as the old ones, with the nerves "remembering" the pain. I can't wear makeup because of it. But you're right! You go forward and focus on the positives, and for me, that's all about helping others. Cats, first of all. :redheartpump::happycat::redheartpump:
I used to try going through authorities until I heard one of them say,” your neighbor right there called us!” Really? Only one officer here ever seemed interested in interested in his job the way we would all like to imagine. He actually had to hide the fact that he ,” got involved” helping people!:doh: There are some heroic officers but most here are just getting through the day. Some use their position. I have learned that it is better to be patient. When I had break ins, they could not do a thing. They actually could have used a crime unit from the city....... they did nothing. It’s gotten better here though. When I started scaring off intruders myself, I began to be bothered less. “Walk softly and carry a big stick!” My neighbors are the ones dealing with issues now. I feel bad for the parents. They are scared so I am trying to watch out for them. From a distance though.

I think you have a point about the cells “remembering.” I know that is true of amputees. My step father lost a leg but still felt it hurt or itch. I’m sorry you still feel that. I can only imagine. My pain can’t compare to burn pain. I have had one serious burn but it was only in one area. Nothing like what you endured. You are tough! Thank goodness! Besides all the people who care about you and want you here, you had a lot of kitties to save. :catman:

Helping others definitely takes us out of ourselves. I am constantly encouraging people who are struggling with things to go out and do something helpful for another living creature. It lifts us up. I believe that we are all meant to do as many positive things as we can manage while we are here. Love makes the world go ‘round! Kitty love especially!! If everyone loved a cat, the world would be very different. I am hoping that cat love is highly contagious. I try to spread it. :)

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

What do you do when the smell drifts over? Run! It drifts here too. Three days ago my neighbors burned a mattress! Worse! It’s no wonder my sinuses are messed up! All sorts of smells are in the world now. That’s why I love going back to the ocean. The salt air is wonderful! I always feel great there. I never had sinus trouble when I lived there. Maybe a breeze will blow the scent of cannabis away from you. A gas mask might let your neighbors know you don’t care for the aroma! Lol If you get one, we want photos! You’ll have to get a little one for Ruby too!

Okay...... who can find a picture of a cat in a gas mask?!?!?

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We spent a good part of the day on different projects but we finally did some work on the sunroom. We had to fill the holes made during the hunt for the ants and we spackled the Sheetrock. We sanded the floor and various small chores. The never ending room! Lol Thank goodness the kitties are helping!

Then we went frog hunting.
C8CE3F71-3E26-4A6D-8CF8-68032BDB1064.jpeg

Frogs?
1E53D2E0-961F-4522-A9AD-853F1F03617C.jpeg

Where?
A0E427F3-A745-4510-B997-CB99EF476997.jpeg

The room is quiet tonight. Nice Mom.
3505816A-2BAF-4684-B440-BA82BEA618A7.jpeg

Frog on the door? Frogs taste funny.
ADAB3F1B-3708-475A-AAA0-2C70BC7CDBDA.jpeg

Did she say ,on the floor?
AC3D1AFF-B1D0-40BC-9262-74147CC141EC.jpeg

Excited whiskers! Frog?
6A1F6EDD-F71F-4DAA-97C5-7EAD84CB3409.jpeg

It’s out there. I hear it!
651B495F-BDBB-434A-B07C-01755FB16BFB.jpeg

I don’t see it.
148983C5-1FDF-45E0-9F39-183DFC1217D5.jpeg

Maybe it went up?
AECAF9AD-1C4D-4B67-86E9-9802F3E93181.jpeg

This is fun!
539CBFA3-1B43-41EE-A4EF-FBBD9A5844F6.jpeg

They can have that frog chasing. I think I got spackle in my fur.
C3542DC2-FF26-4F02-B91E-8827915F1E35.jpeg

Every kitty is either exploring or relaxing.
BFE7476D-6FE5-479F-AA92-4B44B993FD55.jpeg

Welllll, almost everyone. Lol Frog? Nope. Scrap of felt.
DDA1F7BE-00E4-44F5-AC2F-A8907D13988C.jpeg

Banjo is still watching for a frog.
68F2CF86-D683-480B-AAEE-BCDDD2AEB2A5.jpeg

I want to see that frog you promised.
536CE45B-404D-4960-9014-9B5BFE1F009F.jpeg

Come on froggy!!
53ABA7DE-A8BC-4D31-994E-262F40585D90.jpeg

I won’t hurt you. I’m just going to keep you company! :insertevillaugh::kitty:
8F2F035C-6BF0-433F-BE4A-703F81E239B5.jpeg

Is there really a frog? I think I’ve been tricked.
7A3F50A6-D79F-46E0-8112-6862E6ADC331.jpeg

Maybe it’s up there.
2F872667-D075-4F90-9614-721D41ADDCFE.jpeg

I really thought I heard one! Froggy!!!!!
6AC93134-4CDD-49C9-AB00-C94EF458AA6B.jpeg

Enough Banjo! Quit calling frogs.
87FB612A-28C6-44A9-A9DF-91FD01ED5DA4.jpeg

I’m ready to cut some Zzzzzzzzzs! :p
37ED0149-DC5A-42FD-81A9-05E0186D2058.jpeg

Well, I see that Smokey has made a bed! When I “saw” that, I had to wonder if it “Wood” be comfortable. :blush: Cats! They claim everything and can sleep anywhere. :flail:Amazing!
I hope everyone can cut some Zzzzzzs! Goodnight or good morning!
Sweet cat dreams!:sleepycat:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I empathize. I don't mind the smell of ganja but I very much don't like the smell of grilling, and during summer, there is a LOT of it going on all around me.
Yeah, grilling can be overwhelming too. I guess I don't really like the smell of anything burning. Another annoyance is wood burning fire pits. So depressing, you wait all winter to be able to open your windows, then the nice weather comes, and with it comes stinky, burning smells. :(

What do you do when the smell drifts over? Run! It drifts here too. Three days ago my neighbors burned a mattress! Worse! It’s no wonder my sinuses are messed up! All sorts of smells are in the world now. That’s why I love going back to the ocean. The salt air is wonderful! I always feel great there. I never had sinus trouble when I lived there. Maybe a breeze will blow the scent of cannabis away from you. A gas mask might let your neighbors know you don’t care for the aroma! Lol If you get one, we want photos! You’ll have to get a little one for Ruby too!
They burned a mattress! :eek: With that, I'd worry about toxins. :mad:

Okay...... who can find a picture of a cat in a gas mask?!?!?
upload_2019-7-1_6-56-8.jpeg

They claim everything and can sleep anywhere. :flail:
And they pretty much do, don't they. :sleep: :sleep2: :catlove::sleep::sleep2:

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Burning a mattress? Maybe somebody is covering up a murder? Or maybe I just watch too many crime shows on TV.

More and more I hear about kittens being thrown out of car windows here. I don't understand how so many people can be so stupid and evil. It is a trend apparently. The in thing to do. :(

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Burning a mattress? Maybe somebody is covering up a murder? Or maybe I just watch too many crime shows on TV.

More and more I hear about kittens being thrown out of car windows here. I don't understand how so many people can be so stupid and evil. It is a trend apparently. The in thing to do. :(
That's why, in addition to rescuing and caring for them, each and every incident must be reported to law enforcement. Whether they uphold the law or not, it is a felony, and they must be continually contacted whenever this happens, so that they will understand the gravity of these incidents and that we CARE very deeply about the cats and about the law.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We spent a good part of the day on different projects but we finally did some work on the sunroom. We had to fill the holes made during the hunt for the ants and we spackled the Sheetrock. We sanded the floor and various small chores. The never ending room! Lol Thank goodness the kitties are helping!

Then we went frog hunting.
View attachment 290727
Frogs?
View attachment 290728
Where?
View attachment 290729
The room is quiet tonight. Nice Mom.
View attachment 290731
Frog on the door? Frogs taste funny.
View attachment 290732
Did she say ,on the floor?
View attachment 290733
Excited whiskers! Frog?
View attachment 290734
It’s out there. I hear it!
View attachment 290735
I don’t see it.
View attachment 290736
Maybe it went up?
View attachment 290737
This is fun!
View attachment 290738
They can have that frog chasing. I think I got spackle in my fur.
View attachment 290739
Every kitty is either exploring or relaxing.
View attachment 290740
Welllll, almost everyone. Lol Frog? Nope. Scrap of felt.
View attachment 290741
Banjo is still watching for a frog.
View attachment 290742
I want to see that frog you promised.
View attachment 290743
Come on froggy!!
View attachment 290744
I won’t hurt you. I’m just going to keep you company! :insertevillaugh::kitty:
View attachment 290745
Is there really a frog? I think I’ve been tricked.
View attachment 290749
Maybe it’s up there.
View attachment 290750
I really thought I heard one! Froggy!!!!!
View attachment 290751
Enough Banjo! Quit calling frogs.
View attachment 290725
I’m ready to cut some Zzzzzzzzzs! :p
View attachment 290726
Well, I see that Smokey has made a bed! When I “saw” that, I had to wonder if it “Wood” be comfortable. :blush: Cats! They claim everything and can sleep anywhere. :flail:Amazing!
I hope everyone can cut some Zzzzzzs! Goodnight or good morning!
Sweet cat dreams!:sleepycat:
So glad you're feeling well enough to work! That has to be a good thing, yes?
Neighbors sound nightmarish. *I know I watch too many true crime shows.* My noisy ones partied yesterday, from mid-afternoon until about 9:30 last night. Grilling, talking/laughing and music. I closed the windows in the room where we were (not that it cuts the noise, as they are only 20 feet or so away) and put a pillow over one ear, and turned the TV up. I get very stressed by inconsiderate noise, but I really do try to condition myself against that and tell myself that they aren't bad people, just thoughtless, and that I'm SO lucky compared to so many people.

Yeah, burns are something unique in terms of injuries. Everyone who's in that "club" knows. As do you, I'm sure. I'm just glad I didn't need grafts and that it's not very disfiguring according to people I've talked about it with.

As for frogs, there IS a member cat here at TCS named Frog. Maybe that's who your clowder would like to have visit?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
As usual, your cat tails tales have made me laugh!

There are a lot of great ideas there. Thank you for the link!
You're welcome. One of my favorite sites. I signed up for the newsletter. There are so many good recycling/up-cycling projects there! Might come in hand later, to make thrift store finds looks like treasure!

Banjo suggested the 1812 Overture.
I was thinking more Wagner's "The Ride of the Valkyries."

Crank THAT up!

Since today is Canada Day, I told Ruby she had to get her official ambassador cat pics done.
And now, Hekitty is trotting through the house squalling "Oh, Canada!" at the top of her lungs in solidarity. Maybe we could aim HER at the neighbor's son???

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 -- he might not love the smell of napalm in the morning. :fireblob:(Sorry, not meaning to be offensive. Very dark humor. As a burn survivor, it packs a double punch for me. But it is a famous movie line used in conjunction with that composition.)

I've bought a fair number of cheap boom boxes and personal stereos, only to have their CD players go down one by one. I hate when things don't work. Just now I decided to get brave and see if my really old, but really expensive, big components still work.

The CD player, at least, still does. And the system could blast the houses around here right off their foundations. Something to hold in the arsenal. In fact, I'm listening to it now. At a reasonable volume. With the house closed up. And the extended bass ON. :insertevillaugh:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yeah, Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 -- he might not love the smell of napalm in the morning. :fireblob:(Sorry, not meaning to be offensive. Very dark humor. As a burn survivor, it packs a double punch for me. But it is a famous movie line used in conjunction with that composition.)
LOL, I actually almost posted the version with that scene with the helicopters as the video...

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, grilling can be overwhelming too. I guess I don't really like the smell of anything burning. Another annoyance is wood burning fire pits. So depressing, you wait all winter to be able to open your windows, then the nice weather comes, and with it comes stinky, burning smells. :(

They burned a mattress! :eek: With that, I'd worry about toxins. :mad:

View attachment 290777

And they pretty much do, don't they. :sleep: :sleep2: :catlove::sleep::sleep2:

:flail: Thank you for fulfilling my dream of seeing a cat wearing a gas mask! I think everybody should have one in their wardrobe.

Oh Ruby! Our lovely Canadian Ambassador! I think she was admiring the flag and trying to hold it close. ;) It really is a pretty one and it compliments her beautiful little pink nose! Thank you both for that and Happy Canada Day! :woo::dance::caticon:

Status
Not open for further replies.