maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone! Good to hear from you and I liked the bunny too! Lol W walli How are things with you? I’d love to hear the latest.

The bug control people finally completed their work today. I had to wait for 7 hours but they did show up this evening. As a thank you to us, they sprayed for mosquitos. Lol The kitties were not happy about the noise but they settled after a while. The drilling into concrete was the worst part. Luckily, the people who came, love cats! The inspector has two and the treatment guy has just adopted a kitten. The young lady with him is considering getting a kitten too. The one with the kitten asked that I email him photos of the Bengal boys. I did! I did explain that they are like amped up Siamese but he spent time with them and really liked them. If nothing else, I think he will spread the word for me. Everyone that I dealt with from that company was very nice. At national headquarters I talked to a lady who has done a lot of volunteer work at a shelter. I was impressed.

I am back to trying to work on the sunroom but still trying to recover from being sick. Nuisance! Soon ,I hope.

What?!?!?
38F54161-B058-438B-B07C-0AFC88EEA029.jpeg

It sounds like claws on concrete!
E7AB94A9-A3E2-4934-8642-023D3B6CA46B.jpeg

That doesn’t sound like the drilling you did in our room.
1F11A73D-3228-4E63-8FC9-F57C52487FDD.jpeg

Banjo fluff tail! That’s a rare thing to see!
F9B5738E-F640-4E5C-8E49-A5998076886D.jpeg

Banjo! You have a very bushy tail when you need it.
37454A23-D7EC-49F6-B3D1-DD82319AC7A6.jpeg

I had lots of kitties coming to me for reassurance.
C7598BAC-8645-4040-8639-AEC67E42CB02.jpeg

It must have been a very strange noise to them. Poor kitties were puzzled as to the cause.
D585F624-E73A-4A5C-842F-49A38286F0ED.jpeg

After all was quiet, everyone was tired.
I don’t think Banjo even knew that her bum was sliding over the edge! When she started to slide off, Mom pulled her back up. I got a sleepy complaint at having disturbed her.:lol:
6D9911F5-A02D-4526-8FE9-44111F043744.jpeg

It was a pretty sky at the end of the day.
E1F74FF0-4531-4C5F-8411-851672767531.jpeg

Have a good night and make sure you don’t slide off of your bed! ;)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone! Good to hear from you and I liked the bunny too! Lol W walli How are things with you? I’d love to hear the latest.

The bug control people finally completed their work today. I had to wait for 7 hours but they did show up this evening. As a thank you to us, they sprayed for mosquitos. Lol The kitties were not happy about the noise but they settled after a while. The drilling into concrete was the worst part. Luckily, the people who came, love cats! The inspector has two and the treatment guy has just adopted a kitten. The young lady with him is considering getting a kitten too. The one with the kitten asked that I email him photos of the Bengal boys. I did! I did explain that they are like amped up Siamese but he spent time with them and really liked them. If nothing else, I think he will spread the word for me. Everyone that I dealt with from that company was very nice. At national headquarters I talked to a lady who has done a lot of volunteer work at a shelter. I was impressed.

I am back to trying to work on the sunroom but still trying to recover from being sick. Nuisance! Soon ,I hope.

What?!?!?
View attachment 290373
It sounds like claws on concrete!
View attachment 290374
That doesn’t sound like the drilling you did in our room.
View attachment 290375
Banjo fluff tail! That’s a rare thing to see!
View attachment 290376
Banjo! You have a very bushy tail when you need it.
View attachment 290377
I had lots of kitties coming to me for reassurance.
View attachment 290378
It must have been a very strange noise to them. Poor kitties were puzzled as to the cause.
View attachment 290379
After all was quiet, everyone was tired.
I don’t think Banjo even knew that her bum was sliding over the edge! When she started to slide off, Mom pulled her back up. I got a sleepy complaint at having disturbed her.:lol:
View attachment 290380
It was a pretty sky at the end of the day.
View attachment 290381

Have a good night and make sure you don’t slide off of your bed! ;)
Isn't it amazing how even the sleekest of cats can suddenly sport a bottle-brush tail? Those noises are very grating, I'm sure -- like when the crew I hired to paint the exterior had to sandblast the entire building. EEK! It took more than a week to blast it all, prime it, paint it and paint the trim, so, a lot of strange men around and a lot of noise from 7-4 or so. But it was necessary, and worth it in the end!
*Feel better soon!* It is a bummer in the summer to not feel well, especially when our busy lives are calling us! :vibes::vibes::hangin::goodluck::cheerleader:
IMG_2427.JPG
IMG_2430.JPG

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I thought this was for me.
LOL, I just ran across instructions for turning torn bits of toilet paper into pretty resin coasters...should I send it to you?

Tortuga is lovely! Is she named for the Haitian island that was pretty much claimed by pirates?

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL, I just ran across instructions for turning torn bits of toilet paper into pretty resin coasters...should I send it to you?

Tortuga is lovely! Is she named for the Haitian island that was pretty much claimed by pirates?
:lol: Crafting with toilet paper! Yes! I could sell them as “Cat crafted!” :bluepaw:

Tortuga was named for the island. She was pirated away from siblings and lived separated by only a bit of land. She was an island unto herself for awhile. Tortuga was an island I heard stories of when I was growing up. I love the beauty of the islands I have seen. Tortuga was a beautiful, but lonely, island. Her sister is named Liberty for a reason too. Freedom.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
More Tortuga.

On my shoulder in younger days.
View attachment 290243
Owning my head. Lol
View attachment 290244
Sweet girl. She snd Liberty were roommates and I think sister.
View attachment 290245

View attachment 290246

View attachment 290247

View attachment 290248

View attachment 290249
Owning the human.
View attachment 290250

View attachment 290251
Before going for adoption.
View attachment 290252
Before leaving.
View attachment 290253
Back home. She came out of the carrier very glad to come back.
View attachment 290254
She recovered well.
View attachment 290255
She’s not always in the living room with the others. She and Liberty like the bedroom and the company of Cally and Ally. All four were in the first group to be saved. They were not kittens and just didn’t get adopted. They are all allowed to come in here but they formed a bond before the rescue and like to stay together. Tortuga and Liberty left here together and returned together when they didn’t find homes. Cally and Ally were not accepted by the shelter.
View attachment 290256
Poor little sweeties, so glad they have each other and of course you!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Isn't it amazing how even the sleekest of cats can suddenly sport a bottle-brush tail? Those noises are very grating, I'm sure -- like when the crew I hired to paint the exterior had to sandblast the entire building. EEK! It took more than a week to blast it all, prime it, paint it and paint the trim, so, a lot of strange men around and a lot of noise from 7-4 or so. But it was necessary, and worth it in the end!
*Feel better soon!* It is a bummer in the summer to not feel well, especially when our busy lives are calling us! :vibes::vibes::hangin::goodluck::cheerleader:
View attachment 290413 View attachment 290414

I always admire a fluff tail! Lol I don’t want them scared but I know the fluff makes them appear larger to any threat! A good thing. Banjo rarely fluff tails! Brave girl that she is.....but that drilling in concrete made and awful noise.

Your house looks pristine. Well worth the maintenance noise.

Being sick now is definitely a summer bummer! :flail:Fever during days when it is 102 90+humidity is ...... yuck. Actually, working keeps my mind off of it until I go to bed. They gave me a strong antihistamine that makes me sleepy. I have to take it after I get in bed! Wow! It might be helping. I’ve been tested for allergies but only one plant turned up and there are none around so..... thinking it might be all the remodeling. Thank goodness I’m not allergic to cats! ;)Although it might not be allergies at all. We are still trying to figure it out. I had a 105 fever from malaria and some ear damage after. Could be related to that. More testing coming up if this doesn’t stop it.
:doh: I’ve been trying to , just get better.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor little sweeties, so glad they have each other and of course you!

The bonds between these kitties is wonderful to see. Tortuga was separated from family when she was young. I guess it was human intruders scaring her. As soon as I put her with Liberty, she, “ came out of her shell!” Appropriate considering the name I had given her. Liberty and Tortie are so close I would not let the shelter separate them. Now they are close with Cally and Ally. I allow all the cats the freed to stay with any cat or cats they choose. There are sort of three groups within the Clowder. They all mix except for Mama. She hisses at others. No fighting, she just gets nervous. The Bengal boys have some separation since they are of very different personalities but they are able to visit with the others. They just try to own the whole house. I originally made that sunroom for them. Shifting around went well though. All the kitties love the sunroom. Windows all the way around makes it fun for them. I hope to be able to let the others join them when it’s all redone. A dedicated cat space! I have some ideas in mind to improve the space if I can just get on with finishing the room. The swimming pool may not be in there full time anymore but I can put it in there for the bengals at times. I worry that they would chase one of the other kitties into the water. Lifeguard on duty! :lol:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Uh! My neighbors son is back and so is the booming music. Aaaargh! BJ is unhappy. He has retreated to the bedroom. If it continues too much, I’m going to complain to Mom. It seems he is in hiding! Really? He got shot by bad guys for being around the wrong environment. Too bad they didn’t just shoot his car stereo instead! ;)

I thought I would post some pictures of Liberty since we were just talking about her sister, Tortuga. Liberty is more reserved than Tortuga but very sweet. She likes the spinning ball toy, so has learned to play well too.

After returning from the shelter......
D095EF01-FD0E-411E-A935-214A3574409D.jpeg

She told me all about it! Lol
4FDB7AC4-8DA7-4E87-B0EE-7F8A366B0271.jpeg

She was wound up so I tried to soothe her.
A450FD4A-D0D6-4EBF-9BA3-4AEBA4CA2E70.jpeg

Poor baby went to sleep. A quiet room and Mom petting!
660CE581-F8A0-4DC2-BDB8-901817A298D4.jpeg

Undivided attention!
6794B1F2-B347-4C26-92CE-F89F5FA43C96.jpeg

What is she thinking?!?!?
FF2A85D4-FF99-4DDC-B8F9-EFB2A329DB44.jpeg

Do I get to stay this time?
D69D7BF2-828B-4305-BE1C-6F72EA3A6321.jpeg

Don’t worry Liberty. You won’t be going back to that place. You have a home sweet girl. :redheartpump::redheartpump:
919DA50F-8D2D-4332-9649-FD45E3757BBB.jpeg

Have a night of Liberty! :p Be well everyone!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I always admire a fluff tail! Lol I don’t want them scared but I know the fluff makes them appear larger to any threat! A good thing. Banjo rarely fluff tails! Brave girl that she is.....but that drilling in concrete made and awful noise.
Ruby rarely fluffs her tail either. I guess she feels pretty safe here. But a loud, expected noise, like something falling, will puff it up. I took a picture of it once. I'd post it, you know, if I could find it. :lol:

Speaking of pics, I've been trying to get one of Ruby and the little Canadian flags, but every time I bring them out, she thinks they're toys! ;) Canada Day is Monday, so I'll try to get a pic of Ambassador Ruby by then.

I’ve been trying to , just get better.
Maybe some healing vibes will help. :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Your house looks pristine. Well worth the maintenance noise.

Being sick now is definitely a summer bummer! :flail:Fever during days when it is 102 90+humidity is ...... yuck. Actually, working keeps my mind off of it until I go to bed. They gave me a strong antihistamine that makes me sleepy. I have to take it after I get in bed! Wow! It might be helping. I’ve been tested for allergies but only one plant turned up and there are none around so..... thinking it might be all the remodeling. Thank goodness I’m not allergic to cats! ;)Although it might not be allergies at all. We are still trying to figure it out. I had a 105 fever from malaria and some ear damage after. Could be related to that. More testing coming up if this doesn’t stop it.
:doh: I’ve been trying to , just get better.
You can use Benadryl to sleep, too. That's what the plastic surgeon told me to take when I couldn't sleep and was clawing my burns (sorry for that! but it's what I was doing. Dangerous.) I've heard that once you have malaria, it can be a lifelong matter in some ways. *PRAYERS* that whatever is afflicting you will resolve quickly and completely. Yeah, I am a workaholic too, for those same reasons. Denial is not something I like, but I do have a lot of sorrow, as you probably do too, so it's best to stay busy doing positive things, isn't it? and that can take your mind off pain and physical stuff, too.

Baby Su's tail fluffs at the base when she starts to get overstimulated. She always lets me know in this way when my physical contact with her starts to get to be "too much" so I can stop before she has to bite. She's very thoughtful that way. She loves being stroked, but she just can't handle more than a little of it at a time.

Thanks for compliments on the house. It's 82 years old, so it does require quite a bit of maintenance. The painters my folks had hired last did a HORRIBLE job -- I really don't think they prepped the house at all, so it had paint flaking off everywhere. The owner of the company I hired said they'd sandblast, prep and paint, and if there was any problem after that, it would indicate something more serious going on. Thankfully, that didn't occur. I knew those guys my folks hired were awful because they left a huge mess to clean up. Those guys are still working in this area, too! It really does pay to get a bunch of quotes and do your homework before you choose a contractor. They can be great -- or a nightmare -- or anything in between. I got lucky with these guys! They left a flyer and I threw it in the hat along with all the others. I decided to go with them and they are my contractors for the duration. It's a third-generation family business with good values.

Liberty is adorable! So glad there are good bonds between the cats there.

Hope the guy tones it down...noise is something I'm very sensitive to, and have had a big problem with all my life.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you call the police on the kid with the loud music? Get an obscenly loud leaf blower and blow leaves at him? Squirt him with a squirt gun? Cook up something stinky and blow the smell his way? Get a loud speaker and give a sermon? Plant an illegal substance on him and call the police again? Sprinkle his car with honey so it will be covered with ants? That's all I can think of. I hope someone else has a better idea.

Get well soon. The kitties need you.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm in touch with the loud stereo music. We have a couple of tenants who come in with then cranked so loud I can hear the lyrics from inside...WITHOUT MY HEARING AIDS! That's just absurd!

Here ya go! https://www.hometalk.com/43340289/toilet-paper-tie-dye-resin-coasters
The coasters would be a great project for Tortuga! :flail: I actually think they are super pretty! There are a lot of great ideas there. Thank you for the link!

The noise from the music wakes me up in the wee hours. The windows shake and the vibrations of the bass scares the kitties. I just don’t understand why the Parents allow that. If he is “ hiding” that will definitely give away his location. Hmmm. Maybe I should mention that to the Mom. She asked me to keep an eye out for anyone who shouldn’t be on their property. I will but ..... please make it stop! I moved here for the peace!

As for clawing at burns tarasgrl ,I totally get it and know how horrid bad burns are. You must have been in agony. Those kinds of things do stay with us. In many ways. Continuing in a forward motion is a good way to stay positive and healthy. It isn’t denial but a coping mechanism that works quite well as long as we remember to stop and pet a kitty and smell the roses! ( Make sure you don’t get that backwards!) :eek2: Most kitty parts are okay to smell but petting roses is risky! Maybe we both just have B positive blood. :)
Benadryl is something that makes you sleepy. Many antihistamines will. I’m glad your doctor knocked you out to rest and heal. You needed rest a lot then.
We are hoping it will relieve the pressure in my sinus by my ear. We can’t seem to clear it. Keeps building. The malaria did keep me sick off and on for a couple of years. I was lucky that I didn’t get the worst form! We don’t really know if the damage I had may be causing this issue, but the bonus of antihistamines is sleep! Lol Sadly, I still wake up with that music. I know if I am patient, the person playing it will leave eventually. Soon, I hope! They have come and gone a lot over the years. It’s great here when they are gone. This is the person BJ always alerted on. He’s back to guarding the door! I let the kitties into the sunroom today when there was a nice rain falling that cooled the air. I was pulling nails from the molding I had removed and sanding the floor patches. It was really great until the bass started. I think we should return some music as a gift! Opera might be a new treat! :flail:I wonder if they have ever heard any before? I like classical and relaxing music but I don’t think that would drown out their music. Banjo suggested the 1812 Overture. :bicolorcat:Maybe that wouldn’t be a good one though. The ending might get the whole neighborhood up. Lol Of course, I don’t want to start a battle of who has the loudest speakers. I would totally lose. :lol: Patience is the key! “He who laughs last....” Banjo will probably laugh last!:kitty:

Poor BJ. Instead of enjoying the sunroom, he went straight to guard duty in front of the door. This is the same spot he occupied before and I can’t put the curtains back up until the room is finished.

I guess ,this is what the kitties were thinking today.

Unh! Not again.
7A18F716-E5A0-4856-9AFF-281DDACB8608.jpeg

He’s baaaack!
8C0A89B0-BAF6-4191-AFF6-06D03D4BEE10.jpeg

This room seems different! Something is ruffling my fur.
C3BEA731-DAEE-432D-8DEB-3AAA47ECC0EE.jpeg

Where’s the regular floor?
C9B308AC-2F83-4036-ABA6-89D28CB74630.jpeg

I’m not sitting on plywood!
5952BBB4-0A94-425A-929E-B2B5B404403C.jpeg

What is that awful noise?
3611EB46-65EB-4CE5-AEE7-B7A31CB5D505.jpeg

That is not a bird! Not even an owl! The sound makes my skin crawl.
79620192-8A40-4ECC-9F71-5E0D88D6B2EC.jpeg

Nooooo.....
1DEC7AEC-EC05-40C5-BF4E-9450E68C735D.jpeg

I don’t think I want to go out there.... can I stay here Mom?
494AA9AB-AA13-4674-99B7-91197EBA59F3.jpeg

It hurts the kitty ears!
8C511CB0-CD75-4640-8488-08EC5AB2C69C.jpeg

Is it behind me?
1A0198E4-B2FF-4214-A7BF-5411DE113DDE.jpeg

It’s everywhere!
A518402D-CC20-4BEF-8B59-823EC4572C9B.jpeg

I think my tail is growing.....
B396B8CE-8A24-40DB-B4D2-A041B7C7161F.jpeg

Growing......
5421661D-E3D5-41AB-B33E-7F9F0E811351.jpeg

Gone!!!!!
E0782DDC-E817-48C6-BE2A-312DCA8F9C9C.jpeg

Banjo tail too!
C8B7CC17-07BA-424A-89B1-AEC649DDCA2F.jpeg

It’s out there!
66BC9F50-F42A-486D-BAEC-61D66AAD2E3F.jpeg

Keep your tail low Dolly!
426D3510-62EB-41C7-BE24-8BF24751F6AC.jpeg

I have the WD 40 I was using earlier....
9FEDF297-F8E8-4BF3-B02B-0EB6274DA893.jpeg

It makes things less noisy and can make things move.
FE4C5585-15BD-44FB-8DC0-9010D3D27B6E.jpeg

What if I squirt it outside? Will it stop that noise?
9EBB575C-CAC6-4B90-B94B-1817A05125EF.jpeg

Question mark tails? Lisenting.....
3AB8CE1A-82E3-49FE-A2FA-FDFCF36C1998.jpeg

Rats! It didn’t work.:kitty:
24A8311C-216A-4EE1-94BF-F790B9663B97.jpeg

Banjo couldn’t make it stop! Can you?
1BD9FB29-F0F3-4F34-A5D0-5DA0E0AA354E.jpeg

Whistle doesn’t like outside Mom.
6CCE71A8-445A-4BB3-AE7D-A13E3E172865.jpeg

Can we go back in the house now?:kitty:
657C4868-142C-4178-BA68-0E78B01AD0B2.jpeg

Awwww! Poor kitties. They entered the room with such anticipation! The first time back in there should have been fun. Some of the kitties were confused, some were irritated, some were angry and some were scared. Bonjure was really scared! Fluff tail! Big one! Bj was visibly worried. Little Kodiak wouldn’t cross the doorway, as much as she wanted to join us. As for Muffin....

No thanks! Why would I leave a purrfectly comfortable blanket just to see that noisy squirrel? The cat treats are right behind me.
D9070C89-9DCF-440D-821C-5AD2EC9F9FC1.jpeg

:flail:Muffin, you are so wise!
The Yoda of the cats! Hmmmmm. Maybe we could learn to play a Theremin.....can a cat do that? That’s a type of music rarely heard around these parts. ;)

Hopefully, we can all enjoy the sunroom another time. :p

Have a peaceful night/morning everyone!:heartshape:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you call the police on the kid with the loud music? Get an obscenly loud leaf blower and blow leaves at him? Squirt him with a squirt gun? Cook up something stinky and blow the smell his way? Get a loud speaker and give a sermon? Plant an illegal substance on him and call the police again? Sprinkle his car with honey so it will be covered with ants? That's all I can think of. I hope someone else has a better idea.

Get well soon. The kitties need you.
Keep me laughing that way and I’ll be just fine! :flail:Since I made the ants leave here, maybe they moved over there! Smelly stuff cooking! Squirt gun! Lol I don’t think I have to plant anything on him, if I’m patient, the officers will just show up over there! It’s best if I just let nature take its course and sit back for the show. :popcorn:
Thank you for the side splitting giggles!

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ohhh, I thought of two more idea's. Get a drone and have it drop balloons filled with paint on him. Pretend to be infatuated with him. Go flirt with him whenever he is outside, tell him he is your soulmate and you want to marry him. Stalk him until he retreats into the house. That could backfire though, if he is into mature ladies. So you plan is probably best.

Status
Not open for further replies.