My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953
The peel and stick is good stuff. I’ve done that many times. I usually put down extra glue but in the case I may want to peel a piece up! Lol Thanks for the tips! I’ll also beware of future travel where redbacks live! Eeee!

N NY cat man The laminate is pretty and I did buy extra but I’m putting it in the bedroom. It’s the floating flooring too. I did get an extra box. I won’t be trying to do all the bedrooms right now. I know everything needs to match but I’m just going to be too tired to tackle it all at once. I chose a laminate that isn’t one of the current color trends. I went with an old standard color so I can , at least, come close enough to matching the other rooms when I get that far. If I had a place to store it I would buy ahead but I might be sweeping around it for too long. Lol The sunroom is going to require some siding replacement as well as the floor , insulation, felt etc. Had to take the steps out too. I’m hoping it won’t take more than another week but I have to let things dry out before proceeding too far. I am going with heavy vinyl out there since I want to put my water loving Bengals mix cats back out there. I don’t think I can trust any of the things I use to contain their water. They like to turn over their water bowls so I already keep the bowls inside a pool but if that sprung a leak.....not taking the chance. Kind of a funny coincidence but I had purchased the vinyl for another room before I knew of the problem in the sunroom. Just so happens that the rooms are almost exactly the same size. The laminate was on sale over Memorial weekend and it going to be a great upgrade! Thanks again for the information. I feel like I have backup!

M maggiedemi Ha! Lol Yes they bite. Don’t worry too much about critters. I know we can’t help having phobias but you aren’t living in a place that is filled with obnoxious things. Not that you don’t have any there but personally, I find two legged critters to be the most obnoxious and the critters I see most often. :lol:

rubysmama rubysmama I nearly fell on the floor when I read, “ Does Banjo know how to call 911?” :flail:
I think she can but I’m not sure the operator will take her seriously! :lol:

This is where we need a photo of Banjo calling 911! I’ll see what I can do!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have the latest kitty update. rubysmama rubysmama You wanted to know if Banjo could make a phone call. To everyone..... don’t let your cats do what is pictured in the last three photos unless it’s really needed.

We have another kitty rotation in place tonight. My kitties are so sweet! They are taking turns holding me at the end of the day. They are all around me but the concern continues and I am finding it fascinating they they are all holding my arm. Last night it was Banjo and Kodiak.

Tonight it is Bonjure....
3ABCA885-5D15-409B-900F-A9A326619BD5.jpeg

B6F99487-570F-457A-A10B-50D54DCC50D8.jpeg

And Muffin...
13C8764A-264D-461B-808C-AABE43881A9C.jpeg
ACABFB01-A9BD-4DAA-97B9-43D2A1316D23.jpeg

BJ chose to sit on to of me until.....
4CEC8C32-47C4-4287-B15C-BFA351DF071A.jpeg

Banjo tried to call 911
7C617E8A-12CF-4B79-A4DC-5B0B748F4EB7.jpeg

When the operator would not take her seriously, BJ stepped in.
C27FE478-FA50-41E7-8F70-DD71BAE2CD19.jpeg

Whistle was afraid they’d all get in trouble for calling about ants and Mom walking on the roof.
8F2EDB39-6FF9-4D32-87FA-8AD6F41C7738.jpeg

Banjo was just mad that the operator didn’t understand cat speak. (She thinks the operator must have a dog)
1747A397-E392-4F37-915F-E34E574C012C.jpeg

I explained to Banjo that if she can manage to get voted in as president, she and all her kitty friends out here can educate everyone about equal understanding and rights for cats. :bicolorcat:

I hope you all smiled over the kitty tail for tonight. :p:heartshape:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird A wonderful rotation of beautiful and handsome beloveds! :lolup::heartshape:

When we moved here I knew whatever I chose would have to be something I could live with for a potentially long time so I didn't decorate for others, but for US. We're the ones who live here, after all :agree: And I kept in mind the architecture of the house, the colors of things I wouldn't be replacing like tile, and my aim, which was in part to honor my mom, a very stylish and creative person. Add to the mix some of my own preferences, and it wasn't easy, but it all came off pretty well, I think, judging by how well it's all worn, and people's compliments. That's what "experts" say to do -- design, decorate, dress, etc., for your own preferences, not someone else's. So it sounds good that you've chosen colors YOU like -- bravo! and to have it flow with the rest of the house.

IMG_0700 (1).JPG
IMG_0696 (1).JPG
As for my feral and rescued cats, they approve of the laminate choices, it seems! ;):winkcat::cutecat::kneading::cutecat:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird A wonderful rotation of beautiful and handsome beloveds! :lolup::heartshape:

When we moved here I knew whatever I chose would have to be something I could live with for a potentially long time so I didn't decorate for others, but for US. We're the ones who live here, after all :agree: And I kept in mind the architecture of the house, the colors of things I wouldn't be replacing like tile, and my aim, which was in part to honor my mom, a very stylish and creative person. Add to the mix some of my own preferences, and it wasn't easy, but it all came off pretty well, I think, judging by how well it's all worn, and people's compliments. That's what "experts" say to do -- design, decorate, dress, etc., for your own preferences, not someone else's. So it sounds good that you've chosen colors YOU like -- bravo! and to have it flow with the rest of the house.

View attachment 287173 View attachment 287174As for my feral and rescued cats, they approve of the laminate choices, it seems! ;):winkcat::cutecat::kneading::cutecat:
Lol That first photo could be inside my house. Same wall color and floor. I knew we had a lot in common. :lol:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As a renter, I've lived with white walls for longer than I can say...and I HATE THEM! I keep having the urge to paint the whole place purple, just because!
That's me, too, @Mamany1953 -- when the trend is for white, I gag! Grey, ditto! I do like all of the brown/beige shades, but there have to be other colors, too.
IMG_1582.JPG
*Baby Su, rescued feral cat, loves her turquoise*

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy 5th Birthday to my little angels Demi & Maggie today! :celebrate:

I know we can’t help having phobias but you aren’t living in a place that is filled with obnoxious things.
Not yet anyway. But maybe someday I'll need that suit of armor. ;)

I find two legged critters to be the most obnoxious and the critters I see most often.
Hee Hee. I kinda agree with this lately. :lol:

We have another kitty rotation in place tonight. My kitties are so sweet! They are taking turns holding me at the end of the day.
Wish I could join the kitty rotation. :lovecat3:

And Muffin...
Love her. :loveeyes:

A wonderful rotation of beautiful and handsome beloveds!
Awww. A rotation of beloveds sounds even better. :redheartpump:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Not yet anyway. But maybe someday I'll need that suit of armor. ;)

Hee Hee. I kinda agree with this lately. :lol:

Wish I could join the kitty rotation. :lovecat3:

Love her. :loveeyes:

Awww. A rotation of beloveds sounds even better. :redheartpump:
AWWW, a huge Happy PURRthday to Maggie & Demi, M maggiedemi ! :celebrate::jester::dunce::musicnote::musicnote::musicnote::party3::party2: *Enjoy in good health, happiness, safety, comfort, and LOVE! And may you both enjoy many, many more!*

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi Happy birthday to Maggie and Demi! Yay! :celebrate::party2::dance::party3::dunce: I hope they had a wonderful day! Extra petting today Mom! Give them purrs from everyone here.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 i love the blue! I am with Tara’s on her color choice! I have that shade and I have a carrrera flooring that is white grey/silver marbling. The marbling has a bluish tint. I always chose the colors I can love with now but Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 , I have had to love I’m apartments with all white walls too. Ugh! I tried to make it better with the colors of curtains or any other fabrics I could use. It doesn’t solve it but it helps.

I am really beat tonight but made huge progress today..All the bad wood is gone! I have almost all new wood on the floor and a new step. The felt is all replaced, the insulation is replaced and most of the siding is up. I may need a vacation of pure sleep after this! Lol I have a little more wood to be put down and have to stain the cedar siding. After that all that remains is the flooring, Sheetrock repairs and paint. :thud:Getting there!

My vacuum cleaner must have eaten too much today. She expired on me. :noway:
I would normally just take it apart to attempt a repair but I need it now! I had to go ahead and get a new one. I loved that vacuum! It is a dirt devil scorpion and has been great. I guess she didn’t like saw dust and ant leftovers. I hope the new one works as well as that one did. It’s the petal version. Ha! We shall see if it eats pet fur without coughing up hairballs!

The cats decided that I came in too late for any play tonight.Muffin is in my lap but the others have retired for the night. I can’t blame them. I am headed there too. I did want to tell all that BJ really has won the new convert! She expressed an interest in adopting him. Don’t panic though. She is not in a position to do it right now. I also explained that Flowers goes where BJ goes. That might be a bit much for a first time cat person. For now we agree that she needs to come visit BJ very often. I told her that BJ can be her cat here for now. Bj does seem to really enjoy being with her. Today he did this.

My new friend got me a drink! How nice!
661D9012-C163-4654-B354-FF64367860FF.jpeg

What is it? Let me sniff.
31DE7639-B23E-4CCC-8090-581E4C19EDFE.jpeg

It has bubbles that tickle my nose!
677DD0B7-C1E0-4EDB-BAB6-29E039A6F4EA.jpeg

It has a straw.
34ABBB17-FF4D-4305-BC54-C86FDA2138E0.jpeg

I licked a drop off the straw! That isn’t water!
F1D83165-4026-4537-9CD1-698F975F62C9.jpeg

Thank you but I think you can drink it. Okay?
3BFD0740-A675-45E6-A696-7C22A38528D2.jpeg

Bj doesn’t seem to like Coca Cola. :flail:
Those bubbles burned his nose. I’m glad he decided it wasn’t for him! His new friend must really be turning into a cat person. She used the straw even after BJ licked a drop off of it!! :lol: Good job BJ!! You have certainly made a very good new friend.

I am off for a good mights’ rest. I have a feeling i’ll be sleeping soundly tonight! Lol I hope everyone sleeps as well as everyone here is about to! :heartshape::sleepycat:

Attachments

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh! I’m so tired I forgot to tell you all that I got the greatest kind of news yesterday! As you all know, I have been working very hard to get the local politicians to consider a TNR program for my county. It has consistently been voted down until we got a prelimenary yes vote some May weeks ago. The next hurdle was to get full approval and a definite yes vote from a council members and tepresentatinves. I got a call yesterday. It was a “thank you for all your help.” Your letters and the letters you got others to write turned the tide. TNR was voted yes in the final vote! :bunnydance: TNR for ferals here. This is the first ever approval in this county! Kitty lives will be spared much suffering! Now I start working locally to raise funds for the surgeries , shots and other cats. Lives will be saved. These cats will not be euthanized as healthy kitties. They can live free and healthier. I really expected it to be rejected again. We just have to keep trying! The previous rejections were discouraging but this news makes up for all the hard days! Victory for kitty rights! I got a bit emotional when o heard the good news. Cats will not receive a death sentence.

We still have more work and fundraising but now our hope has accomplished something important.
Never, never, never give up!

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hooray for you, and hooray for the kitties. Sometimes our efforts do pay off. And as for paint colors, Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 would like ours. The living room is a dark brown- French Roast Coffee- with the box bay window area in black, and our dining room a deep forest green. We're still working on the other rooms, so they are TBD.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
As for my feral and rescued cats, they approve of the laminate choices, it seems! ;)
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 : Is that tile actually laminate?

That's me, too, @Mamany1953 -- when the trend is for white, I gag!
You'd be gagging at my place then, as I just repainted all my rooms a neutral "antique white". It is more of a greige with a hint of green, but definitely not a colour. And I painted all my trim, doors and baseboards... white. I do have some black accents. And my bed comforter (in my signature banner) has some colour. But otherwise, very little colour. But I like it (for now), so that's all that matters, right. ;)

Happy 5th Birthday Dami & Maggie. :banana1::bday::banana1:
Did you see our The ♥ Birthday ♥ Thread **2019** thread?

I am really beat tonight but made huge progress today..All the bad wood is gone! I have almost all new wood on the floor and a new step. The felt is all replaced, the insulation is replaced and most of the siding is up. I may need a vacation of pure sleep after this! Lol I have a little more wood to be put down and have to stain the cedar siding. After that all that remains is the flooring, Sheetrock repairs and paint. :thud:Getting there!
You really are getting there! :woo:

We shall see if it eats pet fur without coughing up hairballs!
:flail: Do let us know, as I'm in the market for a new vacuum, and one that won't hack up hairballs is a requirement. :D

I did want to tell all that BJ really has won the new convert!
His new friend must really be turning into a cat person. She used the straw even after BJ licked a drop off of it!! :lol:
Wow! I'm not sure I'd use a straw Ruby had licked. Though the other day I did continue to eat my sandwich after Ruby's tail brushed over it. :rolleyes:

I am off for a good mights’ rest. I have a feeling i’ll be sleeping soundly tonight!
:sleep::sleep::sleep:

I got a call yesterday. It was a “thank you for all your help.” Your letters and the letters you got others to write turned the tide. TNR was voted yes in the final vote! :bunnydance: TNR for ferals here. This is the first ever approval in this county!
Excellent news!!!! :woohoo: Good job! :bouquet:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 : Is that tile actually laminate?

You'd be gagging at my place then, as I just repainted all my rooms a neutral "antique white". It is more of a greige with a hint of green, but definitely not a colour. And I painted all my trim, doors and baseboards... white. I do have some black accents. And my bed comforter (in my signature banner) has some colour. But otherwise, very little colour. But I like it (for now), so that's all that matters, right. ;)

Happy 5th Birthday Dami & Maggie. :banana1::bday::banana1:
Did you see our The ♥ Birthday ♥ Thread **2019** thread?

You really are getting there! :woo:

:flail: Do let us know, as I'm in the market for a new vacuum, and one that won't hack up hairballs is a requirement. :D

Wow! I'm not sure I'd use a straw Ruby had licked. Though the other day I did continue to eat my sandwich after Ruby's tail brushed over it. :rolleyes:

:sleep::sleep::sleep:

Excellent news!!!! :woohoo: Good job! :bouquet:
Whenever I am eating, Burdock seems to think my food needs a little extra 'garnish'.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use white paint to brighten really dark rooms. I actually painted a very, very dark bathroom yellow with white trim! I have never had a yellow room before but I ended up liking it. I like most colors.I lean towards greens and soft blues, blue greens but I used a deep antique white in a dark bedroom. Gold curtains gave it a richer tone.

My kitties like to give my food some accents too. Cat seasoning. If it’s a paw..... I let them have it. Whistle has learned that a quick paw over the edge of my plate can make me toss the clawed piece of food. I’m not much on kitty saliva either. Lol I often have cats jumping over my food so I might be getting a strand of fur! :eek: I may have kitty DNA now. :catman:I was surprised that girl used the straw BJ lovked but it wasn't the end of the straw. I was also surprise that BJ sniffed a carbonated drink! He didn’t sniff it twice!

I am so relieved we have gotten TNR passed here. There are so many ferals here and in the past a few made it into the barn cat system but the rest were either left to breed or taken to animal control and PTS. Now we just have to get it passed in the city and next county over. We’ll be able to use this county to set a good example. Maybe one will lead to another. I hope TNR is contagious! :)

Back to work!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, HUGE PROPS, Jcatbird Jcatbird !!! And bravo for your positive attitude. Sometimes we go a step forward and six steps back, but we keep on pushing, don't we, especially when we're pushing for innocent lives we love, and we know that that is the right thing to do spiritually, emotionally and physically! *Long may your TNR efforts be respected and implemented!*:yess::goldstar::cheerleader::clap2:
And you're just a dynamo on the flooring/repairs! It sounds like you've got a crew over there instead of just one person. *Are you SURE BJ and crew aren't helping in this?* :winkcat:

My one remaining vice is Diet Coke or Pepsi. I LOVE the taste of them. But I've given them up because they're supposed to wreak havoc on one's innards :sigh:
Yes, rubysmama rubysmama , both are laminate, courtesy Home Depot. Peel n' stick. Twelve years of wear and tear, and they're looking good. I like all colors, actually, but some I prefer to see for other people. The dramatic neutrals can be really amazing! I look at Architectural Digest online from time to time and love the ultra-modern decor. But this house is Art Deco ca. 1937 and my budget is NOT that of a rich person, so I just tried to do the best I could with everything being considered.
For all you vacuum cleaner fans out there, may I recommend looking at www.dirtdevil.com. I got a refurb for $60, bagless, with HEPA filter, about 8 years ago. It shipped to the house, I put it together (and if I can do it, you can, too) and it's a really good vacuum. Anything that can withstand my 3' wire hair and a herd of shedding cats is a performer!
N NY cat man Brown and green are my favorite colors. Unfortunately I didn't use them here. I had all the woodwork and most ceilings painted Pearl White and then different colors for the rooms, with the living room and hallway being the most "neutral", a pink beige tone. I wanted to go a lot more colorful, but my ex talked me down on it.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yes, rubysmama rubysmama , both are laminate, courtesy Home Depot. Peel n' stick. Twelve years of wear and tear, and they're looking good.
Wow. Beautiful. I need new flooring for my kitchen, so much look into the Peel 'n Stick laminate.

For all you vacuum cleaner fans out there, may I recommend looking at www.dirtdevil.com. I got a refurb for $60, bagless, with HEPA filter, about 8 years ago. It shipped to the house, I put it together (and if I can do it, you can, too) and it's a really good vacuum. Anything that can withstand my 3' wire hair and a herd of shedding cats is a performer!
Thanks. Will check it out.

I am a Pepsi fan myself. Lol I drink a lot of water though. The heat here requires it.
I like Pepsi too, but have weaned myself off it. I'm currently hooked on Lemon Carbonated Water. No calories, but also no artificial sweeteners.

Truthfully the cats have done almost all the real work. I just handled things like carrying the plywood and going to the store. The cats have their own nail guns. Lol
LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.